“Whales Galore!”

Sydney Coast Walks - Day Walks
Ranked #106 of 339 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: With some of Sydney's best natural beauty only accessible on foot, Sydney Coast Walks provides guided walking tours of the city's national parks. The privately guided hikes of Sydney Harbour National Park and Royal National Park enables you to reconnect with nature and experience the wonder of Sydney's outdoors. From easy half day and full day walks, to more challenging overnight hikes, choose a walk to suit your style. Full of interesting commentary including aboriginal sites, history and native plants and animals, you'll leave with a greater understanding and appreciation for the unique environment you're walking through.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sydney
“Whales Galore!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I loved the Marley day walk. The pace was relaxed, the scenery spectacular, Ian's knowledge extensive and his enthusiasm for the area was infectious. Sydney turned on a perfect winter's day for us and we had the added bonus of sighting plenty of whales.

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Sydney Coast Walks - Day Walks, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Glad you could join us during the annual whale migration season (June-November). Thanks for sharing your positive experience - much appreciated.

Seattle
“Skip the bus---do the Marley walking tour”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is a great way to spend a day outdoors, with amazing scenery and a guide who knows what he's talking about and really cares for the area and its heritage as well as his walkers. I am so glad I decided to go on the walking tour instead of signing up for a bus tour. The cliffs and beaches are gorgeous and fun to walk around. I saw humpback whales and more birds than I could count. The hike is not too strenuous---an 8-year old could do it. If you have only one day to spend outside of Sydney, skip the Blue Mountains and do a Royal Coast Walk.

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Sydney Coast Walks - Day Walks, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
We agree that it's much better to spend the day experiencing the outdoors rather than sitting on a bus getting there! We actually recommend children 10 years and older for this full day walking tour, however it depends how active the child usually is and whether they are used to going on a long walk. Glad you enjoyed your day with us and thank you for providing feedback.
Manly, New South Wales, Australia
“Royal Coast Walks : A must see!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I had an amazing day! Royal Coast is such a beautiful place, and I am really happy and grateful I could join this walk. I enjoyed those beautiful landscapes, seeing dolphins and seals, and the fact that we seemed to be alone in the park made it even more special!!
Ian is an amazing guide with great stories and I learnt a lot about the place and its history. Everything was organized perfectly, and I also met great people during this tour. I higly recommend it!!

Visited May 2012
RoyalCoastWalks, Owner at Sydney Coast Walks - Day Walks, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
We appreciate your kind feedback, thanks Alice.
Himeji, Japan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Favorite day in Sydney”
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

This tour is AWESOME! Ian is such an interesting guy and the Royal coast is truly breathtaking. I love being outdoors but after doing Manly and Bondi walks thought another walk might be overkill. NOT EVEN CLOSE. This is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life and is not in any of the tour books, so you pretty much have the park to yourself. I was amazed that it wasn't teeming with people with their mouths agape. I did the Marley day walk and can honestly say it was one of my favorite days in Sydney and one of the best tours I have done. A must see!

RoyalCoastWalks, Owner at Sydney Coast Walks - Day Walks, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Anne, so glad you enjoyed your day with us in Sydney. Thank you for your review, it means a lot to us.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Royal Coast Day Walks - Marley Walking Tour”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I had a amazing day Walking and exploring the Royal National Park. It is a experience that you should not miss. the knowledge of my guide Ian, the scenery, the food and the day was perfect.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Barbara O
RoyalCoastWalks, Owner at Sydney Coast Walks - Day Walks, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you so much Barbara. Glad we made your day perfect!