“Loved our stay here!”
Review of Song Hotel Sydney

Song Hotel Sydney
Ranked #113 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic! My mom and I arrived in the morning and they let us check in early. We had a room with a king bed and shared bath. The room and bathroom were clean. The sheets were crisp and and the bed very comfortable. We stayed 2 nights and there were only 2 times we saw anyone else in the bathroom while we were using it. That was something I wondered about since sharing a bathroom sounds a little uncomfortable, but it really wasn't a problem.

We heard the street noise but it didn't hinder our sleep. Staff are so kind and helpful, very patient and I just think this is a great place to stay and the bargain of our trip!

The first afternoon we walked through Hyde Park to the Botanic Gardens, an easy and beautiful walk from the hotel. Staff recommended the Canopy restaurant just around the corner. Delicious, filing and wonderful service a few steps from hotel. The next day we were at Circular Quay and The Rocks and walked back from there.

Breakfast is included and the cereal, toast and coffee were just right for us! What a deal! I wish there were more places like the Y Hotel Hyde Park. Thanks!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Webby59
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Webby59
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at Y Hotel Hyde Park.
You highlighted many fantastic points about our location that everyone should take the time to enjoy and take in.
I am very happy that we have met and exceeded your expectation of this Hotel.
We look forward in welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney & Australia

Write a ReviewReviews (2,038)

Reviewed August 8, 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was very handy for the city although rather basic. The room was clean apart from the edge of the shower needed replacing. The bed was comfy and the shower was very effective. However our room on the 8th floor was noisy and I needed ear plugs to sleep; it sounded like a generator. We had ordered a full breakfast but the waiter struggled with this and took some convincing that this was what we had ordered. The views were poor and other rooms could easily viewed.

Room Tip: Lower rooms may be quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Lynn K
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us.
My apologies for the noise that you had experience and I am mystified as to what that could have been when reviewing you room allocation as there is nothing mechanical near your room but I will investigate. Outside of that you appear to enjoy your stay. I will let our café manager know about the service issue during breakfast.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming back when you are next in Sydney

Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was an ideal place to stay. It is spotlessly clean, warm, central to everything, and it has everything on hand. Staff were friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel. The fact breakfast is included is a huge bonus.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank PhilA141

Dear PhilA141
Thank you for provide feedback from your recent stay with us. Although we are generally a leisure hotel we do cater for corporate guest as well and you feedback certainly highlights our central location and that we do provide the essentials for a great stay.
Phil we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed here two night in July 2014. For Sydney CBD it is exceptional value, clean and they have probably the cheapest cooked breakfast in the city. My room was on the 7th floor and the road noise was there but bearable. My room had shared bathroom facilities but I didn't find this a problem. The big thing about this hotel is location. Right next to Hyde Park, near museums, state library, inner city shopping and a short walk to China Town and a large choice of excellent Asian dining. If you are looking for clean, cheap and location this hotel is worthy of consideration

Room Tip: I only saw my room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear davtwitch

Thank you taking the time to provide your feedback
I am extremely happy that we have exceeded your expectations of Y Hotel Hyde Park.
As you mentioned, we are very central to almost everything include transport in and out of the city to the airport etc.
I am glad you found our breakfast appealing and priced to your liking.
Thank you once again for your time and we look forward in welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Advantages: Affordable, fast lifts, clean room, close to Sydney CBD, great hair dryer (wasn't an in built one) shower head had great pressure and produced hot water immediately unlike other hotels I have stayed at. Rooms were also equipped with double bathroom amenities as well as an iron and ironing board.

Disadvantages:

- It's noisy, you can hear action going on on the streets because you're not very high up, not to mention people in the corridors. (rooms are close together)
- There was no view and you couldn't get on the balcony due to safety reasons.
- There is no telephone to contact reception in your room. My partner and I were after the wi-fi password and wanted to enquire about taxi services.
- There was no mini bar in our rooms so we had no access to bottles of water and had to go to an convenience store to buy some.
- The room and bathroom was very small - not recommended for people who suffer from claustrophobia.
- Parking was a 5 minute walk and cost $25 over night it is called Secure and is

We stayed in room 618 - We were overall quite happy with our stay, we booked last minute and still managed to get a decent room. My boyfriend and I only stayed one night for a birthday therefore we didn't want to spend a fortunate on accommodation. $190 was much more pleasant than hotels starting at $280. Consider the disadvantages if you are intending to stay more than 2 nights.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Lauren D
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Lauren D
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us.
I see your note regarding no phones in the guests rooms, Yes that is correct as 99% of people now use their mobiles but we do have a centralise phone on each floor for those who need to contact reception. Our location is set back from a busy intersection in the middle of the CBD noise can be an issue from time to time especially where are sirens are involved. I am pleased that you found Y Hotel Hyde Park appealing and affordable.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Sydney

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed in a female dorm for 3 nights and found the bed and room quite comfortable for my needs. I didn't expect to find a fridge and tea/coffee supplies in the room so that was a nice touch. This hotel is right around the corner from the Museum train stop, with direct access to the airport. The shared bathroom facilities were clean, and I never had a problem finding a toilet or shower when I needed one. I would definitely book again on my next trip to Sydney.

Room Tip: The female dorm on the 5th floor faces on to Wentworth Ave (and towards Oxford Street) with no real...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank namabiru2014

Dear Namabiru2014
I am very happy that we have exceeded your expectations.
I look forward in welcoming you back to Y Hotel Hyde Park when you next plan a trip to Sydney

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Rooms are really small. Probems to obtain a proper invoice. No free internet access, and connection failed time to time, you must pay for a ticket that has few options,
OK for one night but not for a stay longer than this..

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephen P, Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear JosepSala
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your recent stay with us.
I note that you booked a deluxe Single room which is one of our smaller rooms mainly because it can only accommodate single bed and not a larger bed. You would have had an option to book a large room but we provide choices not only room type but budgets as well. I note that you had an issue with the internet; I am pleased to advise you that we are upgrading to a more efficient provider and if you book directly with us or via our website Y hotel.com.au, we can provide you with free internet during your stay.
Thank you once again for choosing Y Hotel Hyde Park and we look forward in welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney