Song Hotel Sydney
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$394
$137
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$240
$178
$239
$186
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$216
$131
Hotels.com
$164
$157
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
Agoda.com
$223
$203
2,077 results
All reviewshyde parkmuseum stationhot breakfastgreat locationshared facilitiesbudget hotelprivate bathroomfree breakfastoxford streetdouble roomwalking distancecentral locationpublic transportwould stay againdarling harbouropera housefridge
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Location could hardly be better. Opposite the south end of Hyde Park and on the corner of Liverpool St and Wentworth Ave, at the west end of Oxford St. Museum station is a few steps away, and a train gets you to Circular Quay two stops (A$3.50) away, or you can take a walk through the parks. You can also walk over the park to the Westfield shopping centre.

A decent lift takes you to your room which for me was a small single, well-appointed; and it looked out not over the busy streets but a centre courtyard with palm trees The included breakfast was good, with hot dishes as an optional extra.

My hire car was parked in a nearby multistorey carpark, which charges high prices, but the hotel reception provides a voucher for A$20 (p.d.) which allows you to exit the car park. However when I drove out for a few hours and returned for another overnight I needed another voucher, so paying a total of A$60 for two nights.

Booking with the hotel direct by email after reading the website was not satisfactory. To reserve the room I was asked to provide full credit card details by email, an insecure procedure which is poor business practice. I phoned repeatedly to give the final card details, only to hear a recorded announcement promising to call back. The calls never came. When finally I did get to speak to some one at reception after numerous calls over ten days, my comment on the inappropriateness of the demand for full card info by email fell on deaf ears.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't overlook the street
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed at the Y Hotel in Sydney in April 2013. We needed a basic hotel that was affordable and central and Y Hotel Hyde Park fitted the bill! Check in was easy, quick and although our room wasn't ready we were allowed to keep our bags in storage and start exploring. As we were on a budget, we opted for the floor with the shared bathrooms. The bedroom was nicer than I had expected when booking, the room had many amenities such as a kettle, fridge, large wardrobe and even a TV. The shared bathrooms were also a very nice surprice, decorated nicely and very clean, which is always important! The location was absolutely fab, right on Hyde Park, a short walk into the main shopping districts, Sydney Opera House and Bridge and Darling Harbour and a 15 minute bus journey to Bondi Beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would like to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a budget hotel in the centre of town. No frills but cheap, well located and clean. Breakfast on offer was basic and adequate. Service was good. Location was superb. Next to Hyde Park....nice place to walk/run, near Museum railway station for easy airport access and few minutes stroll from the main tourist spots...China Town, Opera House, big bridge thing and SCG all within 10-20 minute walk. Perfect position for a short 5km run ( Hyde Park, Botanical Gardens, around the Opera House and back). Great place, would use again for a budget trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Caveman1801
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed in a standalone room with a double bed (but no dedicated en-suite). The room was small however equipped with the basics (TV, refrigerator, iron). The service provided was excellent and hotel staff were willing to go the extra mile to solve our queries.

The breakfast (included in the price) was quite good and satisfied our needs for the morning.

Location was very good, close to major attractions and parking facilities.

Overall, if we were backpackers staying in a shared dorm room at a lower price, we would most likely walk away from Y Hotel Hyde Park very satisfied. However we are more traditional customers seeking a traditional hotel experience. Overall we found this hotel was not really for us and for what we experienced the price could have been lower. For backpackers, I would recommend this hotel if the nightly price is competitive.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WayneK227
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I was on a over night transit in Sydney recently and had booked Y Hotel for the stay, mainly because its in the city. When booking, we saw the pictures of the room and thought it was a decent one for night. In reality, I was booked in a dorm with a shared bathroom, and I was with my family, including a toddler. Fortunately, for some extra payment, we upgraded to a better room with en suit. Everything went fine thereafter. Room was good, clean enough. The next morning breakfast was included in the deal. The breakfast included cereals or toasts and tea/coffee. You could upgrade it for some $6. Overall, it was decent for the money. Staff are friendly and its a great location in Sydney. However, one needs to really confirm about the rooms prior to booking online.

Room Tip: Studio apartment with king size bed and en suit is a good option.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family