Song Hotel Sydney
$160
$152
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$156
$284
$206
$179
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$126
$119
Orbitz.com
2,067 results
All reviewshyde parkmuseum stationhot breakfastgreat locationshared facilitiesbudget hotelprivate bathroomfree breakfastoxford streetdouble roomwalking distancecentral locationpublic transportwould stay againdarling harbouropera housefridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

for the price you pay, its great. Lots of places within walking distance. Can find many great restaurants in the area.
If you want private bathrooms it is worth paying a little extra for. We tried both and both were satisfactory. You dont get luxery as you are paying for the location, but location is most important.
Breakfast is included and served daily. Its continental with a cheap upgrade fee for more cooked options. We would go back.

• Stayed: October 2012
JCNiederer, General Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear thepagemaster99,

We appreciate the time taken to review our hotel and thank you for your kind comments.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our great location to enjoy the sights of Sydney.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to Y Hotel Hyde Park on a return visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed in a single room with a shared bathroom. The room and hotel facilities were adequate except that the water pressure in the single shared bathroom shower was atrocious. Also the hot water fluctuated between freezing cold to scalding hot with 1/4 inch tap turns and even when not turning the tap. This consistently happened when showering at various times from morning, afternoon and evening, weekends and weekdays.

I added my review to Expedia who I booked through and then saw that every second review on that site was complaining about the poor shower facilities. I had not seen these reviews because I'd just checked Tripadvisor reviews so felt the need to warn others here about this. The other reviewers said they mentioned it to staff and were told that's just how it is.

Location is great in the city with transport (bus/train) and plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance but AVOID THE SHARED BATHROOM if you require a working shower!!!

Room Tip: AVOID THE SHARED BATHROOM if you require a working shower!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear indie,

I appreciate your time and thank you very much for your review.

I am concerned by your comments in regards to water pressure and water fluctuation and have asked our Maintenance Manager to review the water pumps as well as the water flow valves that were installed a few years back.

I am certainly aware of the importance of a good shower in hotel accommodation and want to ensure that this situation is remedied. It would be helpful if you could contact me or Stephen Peace, the Rooms Division Manager, personally so that we can ascertain in which room you were staying.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have to say the photos from their website were too good that I had some expectations of the room conditions. It's kind of disappointing that the conditions of the rooms are not as maintained than I thought. The decor matched the photos but hm ... too much here there of "lack of maintenance". I also don't like the shared bathroom although it's not that far away from us. I would consider this a hostel rather than a hotel. For that price that we paid, I realised that the money all went to the location. Glad that we spent most of the day outside and come back to the hotel for a rest before dinner that sort of convenience to get our money's worth.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ConnieY

Dear Weeksey1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
I regret that you had two issues with our housekeeping department and I have since addressed these with the relevant manager.
Since we do not have phones in the rooms we have decided to offer our guests, as an additional service, the usage of a mobile phone supplied free of charge with a small small amount of credit already available. Guests can then decide how they want to use the phone during their stay and return the mobile phone on departure.
Y Hotel Hyde Park offers various room types suited to various travellers, some with private facilities and others with shared bathrooms. We make every attempt to ensure that all documentation on our website and all other websites where we feature provide the same clarity.
Against a trend where breakfasts are charged as an extra, we are proud to continue to offer a light continental breakfast included in our rates.
Warm regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We checked in and went into our room to discover it stunk of smoke no phones in the room so we walk down to the one in the corridor and are told to come back to the desk where we are told there's nothing else available unless we pay extra? The lady checked the room and said we could sleep with the window open - great?! They eventually moved us, the blinds in the room let light through its noisy from the traffic, no phone, hairs on the towels and just overall a bad experience this is a backpackers/hostel not a hotel, you get a breakfast included but its just cereal and toast
For the same price you can stay at the travelodge which is 100% better same location

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Weeksey1
Reviewed December 10, 2012

pros: excellent location, right near the train station. could easily get everywhere. the 2nd week we stayed in Darling Harbor which was less convenient. free breakfast is always a money saver. It's just coffee, bread, juice, coussaints, several cereals. You know, real basic, but good enough for me. we had a 3 bed room for me, hubby, kid, and it was clean, no problems
cons: the shower pressure is bad and the first day the alternating hot/cold made for the worst shower. I figured it out better the second time, but I skipped to every other day showering b/c of that. Our room was right near the shared bathroom which was great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank heather k
JCNiederer, General Manager at Song Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear heather k,

Many thanks for the time taken to comment on your stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed our position, particularly in comparison to another Sydney location. Thank you for your feedback on the accommodation and facilities we provide, as well as our breakfast.

I am sorry that our shower water pressure was not up to par. I will get this checked.

With kindest regards,