“could be better”

More Info
and up
Sydney Harbour Tall Ship Lunch Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: We are passionate people delivering personal and engaging, inspiring and world class experiences. We treat and respect our customers as if they were family. Our aim is to consistently exceed each customer's expectations as we share the joy of these incredible experiences that have the rare ability to inspire and enrich people's lives. The very nature of these ships , inspire people to DO more, BE more than they ever thought possible. DREAMS can COME TRUE !
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Went on a tall ship twilight cruise we didnt pay full price, as we had a deals voucher. We would have been disappointed if we paid full price I dont think it is worth the money, you see the same thing on a ferry, the atmosphere is nicer but the food was not great for what you pay .chirizo sausage, spinach filo rolls for entree. chicken and beef shashlik sticks with rice salad and lettuce salad, if your lucky you might find some tomato in there. desert, brownie slice. The crew were welcoming but thats the last you saw or heard of them, they did bring around the entree and the brownies, with not much enthusiasim, but we didnt know mains was being served until we seen other people eating . There is not much cover if it rains I would take an umbrella.

David W, Owner at Sydney Harbour Tall Ships, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback however i would like to ask you to please contact me as i am not at all happy with what my team and ships have delivered and i really want to make it up to you one way or another. It does not matter how much you paid , what matters to me is that we deliver ( and hopefully exceed! ) your expectations. Something has gone awry on this day that i cant explain yet , but if you would like to get in contact , i would like to offer you a different experience , on a different ship and hopefully we can inspire you to rethink your opinion of us. We will meet this week as a team to discuss your comment. We have 2 and 3 hour , overnight, 3 day , 1 week and also full day epic whale and sail experieces that we are about to launch. We also have a 'Attack of the Pirates, and possibly the sexiest, funniest , most outragous Burlesque Show opening soon on board Southern Swan. Pls contact me on david@sydneytallships.com.au so i can organise something more exciting and perhaps different for you and your family and/or friends. I was put on this planet to build great business foundations under these ships, and the best way i know how to do that is delivering awesome customer experiences. Pls give me a chance to make it up to you. David Warne. Owner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)
All reviews
in 28 reviews
"two hours"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2014

How to spice up a cruise around the Sydney Harbour? Bring out the pirates of course! It’s one of those ideas that just clicked and it worked out well for our family.

I was initially a little concern if our young children find the pirates scary then we would have nowhere to run. Turns out my worries were unfound!

The pirate show was entertaining and the kids were engaged through the journey. The pirates were friendly and funny. It was like watching a show except you are in the middle of the set! With the kids occupied, me and my partner were able to relax and enjoy a peaceful cruise around the beautiful Sydney Harbour on a sunny weekend.

And there’s just something special, magical about those tall ships that bring the sea voyage feeling alive!

1  Thank OZ_AL408
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just completed this great night on the beautifull Sydney Harbour. The cruise was better than expected. About half full and therefore plenty of room to move around and enjoy the scenery.l

Right from the start, the staff made everyone feel welcome. Boarding passes issued about 30inutes before scheduled departure time. For theose who had not previously purchased the "extras" you could nominate to have the Mast Climb for an additional $25.00 and/or open bar for $20.00. Normal drink prices $6.00 for beer or wine so open bar good value. No problems getting a drink either.

Food was good and a bit better than expected for this type of cruise. Rice, salad Chicken Kebabs and also vegetable kebabs. Plenty of them. No it is not what you would call a "dinner" cruise but I still think it was reasonable value and would do it again.

We were lucky with the weather. Had been a few showers but these passed by the time we boarded the ship. If you are unlucky to have inclement weather, there is still pleanty on undercover space.

Yes they do raise some sails but lets be realistic - it is a 2 hour cruise and you should not expect every sail on thhe ship to be hoisted. It does hoever give you some idea of the work involved in raising and folding the sails.

Would have liked some comentary however pointing out the various districts of Sydney that we were passing

Oveall an enjoyable trip on a beautifull harbour

Reviewed March 14, 2014

What a lovely day it was to be on the harbour today! We had been looking for a cruise activity to do with the kids for awhile, but having 3 young children (8, 6 and 10m), a lunch or dinner cruise was not going to be a relaxing task on our half. Then we found out about this pirate show on the harbour for the kids. What an excellent idea it was!!! The kids were excited. The pirate crew kept the kids entertained the whole time. It was one of those few occasions where my husband and I could actually relax without having to worry too much about the kids. The view of Sydney Harbour was captivating. There were light refreshments on board. The pirate crew members were friendly. The kids had a great time! No whining, no crying. A win win situation for everyone. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a terrific day out in Sydney.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I booked this as part of a little weekend away for my husband & I. We had always wanted to visit the Islands of Sydney Harbour & Fort Denison, but had not done so in 30 years, despite travelling to Sydney regularly and living only 3 hours away. I searched Viator and found a tour to Goat Island on a Tall ship, it read very well so I searched tripadvisor and found some great reviews- So I booked it.

We went on Monday 10th March, although despite being a little too hot, you could not have asked for a nicer day out on the Harbour.

Lorraine our Goat Island tour guide and Margie a wonderful crew member welcomed us aboard The "Sorsen Larsen"- Yes, first impressions make big impressions- and I must admit I was somewhat disappointed with the condition of the ship, the white paint or lack there of it, makes it look dirty (it is in desperate need of a paint job, apparently it used to be black)

However, don't be fooled by first impressions.. The ship had started to pull away from the dock, when Lorraine had a call from 2 people stuck in a taxi, in traffic, in George Street. Most companies would have said, too bad.. and not waited, I know, I have experienced that first hand.

Champagne and Hors d'oeuvres were served and by that time the 2 people had arrived. Thanks to Margie the Champagne flowed as well as the Beer, Red or White Wine, Soft Drinks and water were also plentiful, there was no shortage of Hors d'oeuvres either.

After a short cruise to Goat Island we all given a Bottle of water to take with us. Lorraine was great and was very knowledgeable in regard to the Islands past. It was very hot and it's a rather steep walk up the hill from the old Gun powder store/ quarry to the top of the Island where the Main house is..Margie to the rescue again, she were welcomed us with a cold drink.

Soon after we boarded the ship, lunch was served. Again this was a delight, Chicken Kebabs, Vegetable Kebabs, Mini Quiches and Salad. Then some more bubbly for me, but you could have had Beer, Wine, Red or White, Soft Drinks or Water, no shortage in the refreshments department- The ship headed towards the Zoo, then Brownies were brought around as well as Cheese and crackers, as we headed towards Kirribilly and back to Campbells Cove.

The only negative was that we didn't see the "Castles" part of the Convicts, Castles and Champagne Cruise.

" Cruise past some of the wealthiest and most prestigious suburbs in Australia and take in the harbour side castles. You will see the most expensive property in the country and also learn about the history of beautiful Kirribilli House and Admiralty House".

This part was missed.. But on a whole ...

All I can say is, what a wonderful day, leaving at 10.15 and arriving back before 2pm meant that we could enjoy the rest of the day. I was very impressed with Margie, she was so happy, friendly and obviously loves her job it made our day wonderful. I did overhear the crew saying that they had run out of food the day before, so it would appear that it is a bit hit and miss, but for us I cannot praise them enough we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

My advice as a very frequent traveler and avid tripadvisor follower- to anyone who experiences poor service or if the tour, hotel or restaurant has not lived up to it's promises or your expectations -tell them on the day and follow it up with an E-mail to the owner, then if you get no answers, apologies or satisfaction- THEN write a not so positive review on tripadvisor, as it makes it hard for business owners to deal with complaints if they have to read about them online do not know about them.

1  Thank Edleg