“Harbour cruising”

Sydney Harbour Tall Ship Lunch Cruise
$39.53*
Sydney Harbour Afternoon Tall Ship Discovery Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: We are passionate people delivering personal and engaging, inspiring and world class experiences. We treat and respect our customers as if they were family. Our aim is to consistently exceed each customer's expectations as we share the joy of these incredible experiences that have the rare ability to inspire and enrich people's lives. The very nature of these ships , inspire people to DO more, BE more than they ever thought possible. DREAMS can COME TRUE !
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Shellharbour
“Harbour cruising”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had a wonderful experience on Australia Day evening cruising Sydney Harbour. Great food, drinks and atmosphere, finishing with the lap of Cockle Bay and the fireworks.

Visited January 2013

Melbourne, Australia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Are these people 'professionals'? Go for a sail and then go for dinner!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My mother bought this twilight dinner cruise as a gift for our birthdays; happened to coincide with Valentine's Day. A big disappointment from start to finish. The day before the cruise, I went to the booth at Circular Quay to confirm and the young man said we didn't need to bother. He seems totally disinterested in what he was doing.
On the night of the cruise, there was so many people waiting, we thought that both tall ships would be sailing. Unfortunately only one boat sailed.
I felt like the staff were just giving us 'lip service' as we boarded. There was not enough room for everyone to sit down. The food did not come out for a long time; people all around us were complaining especially when we were all paying TOP DOLLAR for the experience. It did put a real dampener on the whole experience. Having also bought the open bar option [read on tripadvisor that this was a good idea], they had one girl serving all those people. You had to wait forever for a drink of any sort. There was some tiny cut up fried sausage pieces and spinach/ricotta filos for entree, a bread roll stuffed in your hand in a napkin before cold boxes of chicken or prawn, our main meal. My husband had the prawn box;only had two prawns in it. The chicken was ok but really not my style. Then some beef pies came out. Obviously a forgotten entree. And then a tray of cream filled profiteroles hurriedly came out just before we docked.
For those who paid for the Valentine Day option, your loved one got a rose and a stingy little bag of chocolates for an extra $30 per head.
My husband said that it was like a band of gypsies were running the show! I felt that the whole experience was totally disorganised. And they said that they had been doing this for a long time.
We did enjoy the thrill of sailing Sydney Harbour under sail, it is definitely a wonderful experience but I think the people who run this should just stick to sailing the boat and forget about providing lunches or dinners. My suggestion is to sail on the boat and then go and have a good meal somewhere else. Very expensive with very little return for the customer.
If the crew want any suggestions, I'm sure boarding with a welcome drink would help if you only want to have one girl serving drinks; also a nice touch. And get the food out to people as soon as possible.

1 Thank hickster122
brisbane
“Family pirate cruise”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As a treat for our 3 grandchildren aged between 6 and 10, we took them on the Family Pirate Cruise on Sydney Harbour. The crew, the children and most of the adults dressed as pirates and it really set the tone of a great time sailing the harbour. We found the crew attentive, very informative and wonderful at keeping the kids occupied. The children drew on the decks, hoisted sails, had water fights and even a treasure hunt. There was entertainment at the stern for the adults but we preferred to stay where we could keep an eye on the children. One of the crew then gave us a personal commentary of the islands, history and sailing craft on the harbour. The food was fine, not fabulous but the kids demolished their sausages in a roll and we were impressed with the chef/pirate who cooked everything under the eyes of 20 children some of whom kept taking shots at him with their water pistols. A wonderful sense of humour was shown by all the staff and our kids had an absolute ball running amuck for 2 hours. Would not recommend this for anyone but families. There are plenty of other cruises. Definitely dress up and join in the fun. Our grand children kept saying it was the best day ever!

Appin, Australia
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice cruise - pity about the arrogant & rude Chinese and drinkers”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Received vouchers for a Tall Ships afternoon cruise on Sydney Harbour. Very efficient checkin and boarding a very friendly crew. Were served snacks (unexpected) and it was nice sailing down the harbour under sail. The only drawbacks were (1) a party of about 20 chinese in a tour group who think that they must already run the country.They were rude, loud and did not have the words "excuse me " in their vocabulary.
& (2) the 10 or so people who drank from embarking until disembarking - they may as well have just gone to a pub because they certainly didn't see many of the sites. Two of them were trying to hit on one of the young female crew and most of them spent their time sitting at the stern annoying the steersman.

However despite all this we thoroughly enjoyed the experience especially watching the young crew working the sails.
Am definitely considering going again - probably on a lunch cruise..

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Isobel sails on a Tall Ship”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

February 2013

Yesterday I sailed on a Tall Ship named "Southern Swan".
Captain James made us all feel welcome from the moment we stepped aboard.
The crew were friendly. The food was great and the music easy listening.

We were lucky because the harbour was full of racing yachts.
On the way out it was fun avoiding them while they dodged us.

Some brave folk, men, women and children climbed the mast
and had their pictures taken.
James let some children man the wheel.
"Four pulls to port. Eight to starboard."

On the way back we were under full sail. What a sight!
The whole voyage was like a dream.
Johnny Depp was only a whisper away.

I felt at home, as though I had done it all in some other life.
Did I sail with Drake when he circled the globe?

I come from Beverley, a small country town in Western Australia.
My experience on the Tall Ship was well worth the air fare.

You are thinking about going?
DO IT!