“Relaxing Afternoon On Sydney Harbour”
Review of Sea Sydney Cruises - CLOSED

Sea Sydney Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sea Sydney Cruises are the small group cruising specialists on Sydney Harbour offering 4 hour harbour cruises for minimum 2 people maximum 12. Be engulfed by the beauty and magic of Sydney as you “Cruise like a Local” for four hours aboard Calypso, a 52-foot Motor Yacht. Cruise the foreshores of Sydney Harbour past the world famous, iconic landmarks including the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House before dropping anchor in a secluded cove, where you’ll enjoy a gourmet barbecue lunch. Go for a swim, row into the beach, try your luck fishing or just relax on the expansive sunbeds soaking up the Sydney sunshine.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I took the "Cuise Like A Local" tour with Sea Sydney Cruises back on November 25, 2013. If you want to escape the tourists traps, and want a private, relaxing tour with no more than 12 people on the yacht, then this is the tour to go on. It really doesn't even seem right calling it a "tour". You literally feel like it's your yacht for the affternoon since it's such a good size yacht (52 feet, I believe) and there is plenty of room for folks to move around and enjoy the day.

The pictures and the past reviews hit the nail on the head. It is a relaxing cruise with very informative and helpful deck hands. Alex is very personable and the meal is a true Australian feast. Beer, wine, and all drinks are unlimited. Bring your bathing suit even if you think you may not go swimming. We went in November as mentioned, and we were fortunate to have a very warm spring/early summer day. The water was cool, but it was worth the dip. Refreshing and a lot of fun. There were folks swimming off the beaches, so I knew I wasn't that crazy to go in. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

All in all. it's a great way to see Sydney and some areas of Sydney you may not get a chance to see from the water's view point. Also, if you are touring around the city (or Australia in general), this tour gives you a nice break from the hustle and bustle of playing "tourist". Great relaxing afternoon. We'll do it again some day when we get back to Australia. Thanks to the captain and crew for a great afternoon. Cheers!

PipSydney, Owner at Sea Sydney Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

HI MightyWa
Glad to hear you had an excellent time on board the Calyspo. Sounds like you are a local and really pleased you got to experience this magnificent tour. Small group cruising is the way to go because it truly allows crew and guests to interact and for us to show the best spots on the harbour and then give you the tim eto enjoy. Swimming in Sydney Harbour, lunch in the sun - doesn't get much better than that!!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We spent a beautiful afternoon on a 52 ft. yacht with just 14 other passengers. The view of the city from the harbour is incredible. The crew-Polly and Alex were wonderful and had a wealth of information. The lunch on board the yacht was delicious. I would recommend this company for the quality of the yacht, the service and overall ambiance.

G'day Pat from Wisconsin,
Th crew remember you well and said to say hello. Loved having you on board and pleased you enjoyed your Cruise Like a Local experience.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were on a half day cruise on a very nice yacht. There were ony two other families on board. We had a nice look at the Sydney Harbour, had a delicious lunch and even got to swim. The staff was very friendly and we got good info. Thank you for an enjoyable day!

PipSydney, Owner at Sea Sydney Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thanks Sipe62 for your review of Sea Sydney Cruises and your experience on Sydney Harbour. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your invaluable comments with other travellers. As the owner of this business it is very uplifting to read these comments and know people just love our Cruise Like a Local experience. Thanks and keep enjoying all your travels and recommend your friends to come visit.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I am not a fan of touristy things and crowds but Sea Sydney Cruises is a completely different "tourist" experience.

The yacht only caters to 12 passengers for the Cruise Like A Local cruise. On the cruise that my husband and I went on, the captain and tour guide were very friendly and knowledgeable and took our group completely around the harbour and showed us some spectacular sights and beautiful waterfront homes.

During the cruise, the views of the bridge, opera house, and bay are stunning... Bring a camera!

Wine and beer on the cruise is unlimited and the lunch is a delicious Australian feast. When my husband and I went on the cruise, we enjoyed a full lunch of shrimp, salads, bread, salmon, and kangaroo - it was absolute perfection!!!

Overall, it's VERY worth the money and is the most regal and fun way to see the city!!!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I can't believe I didn't find this company until now. I had to organise a work day out and after hours of google stumbled across Sea Sydney Cruises.
Within hours I'd booked and organised.
When we turned up they were so helpful and the boat is lovely.
I've booked a lot of Sydney cruises in my time and this is the ONLY one that ticked all the boxes. It's also the only one that felt like good value for money as they are good honest tour people. They aren't dodgy like some other cruises. They are nice people too.

The boat was clean, tidy, good food, great cruising and the staff went out of their way to ensure we all had a good day - and it's the only time I've ever been told my boss that "you did good".

Thank you Sea Sydney Cruises. We will be back!