other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
tgold111
“They cancelled my reservation the day I arrived and are asking for a review”
Reviewed March 13, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Wow, I am having some bad luck. After paying for a stay with TripAdvisor and MadeComfy I received multiple confirmations that all was in order with my reservation. The only thing was the link to the address in the confirmation emails didn't give an exact address. As I was walking out the door to catch an Uber to the airport, I finally called MadeComfy on the phone and was told that they had thought I checked in the day before. It turns out they double booked it and I no longer had a reservation or a place to stay.

MadeComfy suggested a few alternatives but none were as nice or would accommodate one of our party who could not walk up stairs easily. Then TripAdvisor got involved and also suggested a few alternatives, including one that was over four hours away by car! This was a very busy weekend in Sydney and I do wonder if they just got a better offer and sold the place out from under me. In any case I spent thousands of dollars to find a suitable place at the last minute. You do not want to try to find a place in Sydney at the last minute, and though we had booked at least a month in advance that's exactly what we had to do.

Both MadeComfy and TripAdvisor were quick to offer a refund, but nothing extra for my troubles. To add insult to injury, a few days ago I recevied ANOTHER confirmation from MadeComfy even though my trip has been done for a couple of weeks. TripAdvisor has refunded HALF of the amount I paid but I am still waiting for the other half and at least an offer of compensation for all of my expenses and troubles.

What is interesting is when we were looking for a place my wife saw a review for this property where this exact thing had happened to another guest. Now that review has been taken down. We'll see if this makes it up and how long it stays up, and if I get the rest of my money back.

I've been renting from TripAdvisor from the very early days and they are constantly telling me that I am in their top 10% of reviewers. I guess that doesn't count for much. Will I get points for this review? I wonder.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Island_Gy...
Punta Gorda, Florida
“DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE”
Reviewed February 11, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

These people are unreliable and not trustworthy. Here's the story:

We inquired with Madecomfy through Tripadvisor about the availability and cost of this property for a 9-day stay for late December 2018. Quirin Schwaighofer, the Chief Operating Officer and a co-founder of Madecomfy, replied with a quote valid for 24 hours and implored us to accept it quickly. We accepted the offer and paid for the booking in full. Quirin confirmed the booking and removed our days from the availability calendar for the property. Four weeks later Madecomfy illegally cancelled the booking in violation of our rental agreement/contract. The sole justification given for cancelling was that they made a mistake and should not have booked the property more than 6 months in advance. Despite having dozens of Sydney properties under management,Madecomfy made no effort to locate a replacement - a further violation and breach of our contract with them - and instead immediately issued a refund.

Madecomfy and Quirin Schwaighofer are unethical and should not be trusted.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing