Harry's Cafe de Wheels - Woolloomooloo
Ranked #13 of 478 Quick Bites in Sydney
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Harry’s Café de Wheels has proudly served customers for over 80 years, with the likes of Frank Sinatra, Sir Elton John and Prince Harry having been some of the many to sink their teeth into our iconic ‘Tiger’ Pie
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

We walked up having never heard of the place so no expectations. Spent a while looking at the photos which were great memorabilia.
Lots of reviews saying the pies are not very good.
I grew up with Holland's pies in the UK so do t really try any other as they can't be best.
We decided on the roast beef sandwich, really thick beef topped with tasty gravy
. Really enjoyed our sandwich and I'd say try it and decide for yourself.
I'm going back and will get peas next time.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank JohnK269
Write a reviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Quick trip to Sydney and my friends suggested we try Harry's Pie Van. For any Brit's reading this is pretty similar to a chip shop experience, although the pies are better. And they don't do fish. Only limited outdoor seating, and most people were just standing about eating. It's pretty cheap (less than £10 for pie chips and peas) and cheerful.

There is a varied selection of pie flavours (beef, chicken, curry), and the tradition here is to have them with a good sized dollop of mushy peas on the top. You can get chips and gravy and there is one with everything called 'The Tiger'.

It's good cheap filling nosh. No complaints from my chicken pie. Chips were good. Mushy peas as good as anything I've had in the UK. Don't know if I'd put it on my Sydney 'Must do' list but it was a decent meal.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Love so much the appearance of stand.
The size is large for me but I could finish eating by myself because it was tasty!
I like green beans’ bright color and taste.
It contains a lot of vegetables and meat inside as well.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 11, 2018

I like this place. Open for long hours, not huge lines and the pies are ok. They are fresh and tasty. Specially the simple pie with mashed peas and no gravy! :))
I would recommend this place because is affordable and the pies are fresh.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Great place to get a taste of the local flavor. We had the cheddar, bacon, beef pie, chicken pie and a hotdog. About a 20 minute walk from the Sydney Harbor through the botanical gardens. Definitely a Sydney hotspot

Date of visit: August 2018