“Management helpful and receptive”

Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf
Ranked #100 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed December 25, 2009

I had an unfortunate change in my plans, and management were very receptive to making the changes I needed.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2009

Dear 'Frenchbo'

Thank you very much for your comments, Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf prides itself on the service provided to all guests and your feedback will serve as encouragement to all the staff.

I look forward to welcoming you next time

Benjamin Krieg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

994 - 1,000 of 1,125 reviews

Reviewed December 10, 2009

Why a hospital room comparison? Room was tiny and stark with all cold white decor and a TV mounted on wallmount with wires dripping everywhere. There was absolutely no warmth or charm or anything worthwhile about it- this hotel ruined the end of my trip, actually, as the surroundings were so depressing.

I stayed in a standard queen room alone (#710) and it is a good thing as there was not enough room for two people to even pass each other in the space- one would have had to step in to the miniscule bathroom or sit on the bed for the other to walk around easily.

Decor is modern, but on the very sparse side. Like others noted, the matte finish white paint must pick up smudges and scratches easily as mine was scuffed in several places.

Bed is a platform style (i.e. no boxspring or mattress foundation) and very HARD as were the dreadful hard-as-a-rock pillows. ugh.

Service was scattered at check in, but they did end up accomodating my request for a higher floor room as I was originally assigned to the first floor and for safety reasons, I do not like to stay close to the ground floor when traveling solo.

Nothing at all to recommend about this place except for location, quite close to King Street Wharf string of restaurants and there is wifi throughout entire property- including each guest room- but there is a charge fo $24.95 a day.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank 100kmilesperyear
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2009

Dear '100kmilesperyear'

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, I am sorry that you did not appear to have enjoyed your stay.

The hotel having been recently built has been fitted out in a contemporary fashion but definitely can not be compared to a hospital room.

Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf is all about great service, clean rooms in a ideal location at a great price, and I have no doubt like many over reviewers have commented that we succeed in delivering this to our guests, and it is my hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back for your next stay.

Reviewed November 29, 2009

Hotel was only one year old and was located 2 min walk from Darling harbour. Efficient and friendly staff. Room adequate but quite small with limited hanging space for a couple. Secure baggage drop in own locker ( had to pay ) which was very useful.

Extra charge for breakfast, pay either for hot or continental - but it was very good

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear 'MuchTravelled3'

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for your Stay at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast dining experience

Regards

Reviewed November 19, 2009

I stayed at this hotel during the month of October.

I have to say that lucky I paid only $99 to stay at this hotel, because I would not pay any more.

My friends who stayed with me thought the rooms were small and basic. The only thing going for this hotel is good positioning and the fact that it is clean.
(and they only stay at 3-4 star hotels). I have to agree them. My room was so small, I felt claustophobia. The room was situated near the harbour bridge ramp!

We have seen better 3-4 star hotels in the Sydney CBD.

I had to re submit this review because my previous one got deleted, which I believe is in such bad taste! What happened to freedom of speech. I can provide booking numbers of my hotel stay if you do not believe me!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Was very nice place to stay and very convenient close to station and short walk from attractions. The room although small was quite adequate and clean, but did require a little more attention to detail as there were dirty fingerprints on the bathroom door and dirty marks on the wall.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fionarMelbourne
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2009

Dear 'Fionarmelbourne'

Thank you for staying recently at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will investigate the issues you experienced with your room servicing accordingly, as you will see from previous reviews we pride ourselves on exceptional cleaning standards, and your comments will assist us as we continually review our systems to ensure we are always providing the best possible stay for our guests.

Reviewed October 28, 2009

We have just come back from a 4 night stay, and thoroughly enjoyed our trip. The hotel's location really is fantastic, just a short walk to Darling Harbour, which was jumping on Fri and Sat night. However hotel is located just far enough away that this does not interfere with a good night's sleep! We found the rooms to be compact, but when in Sydney I don't think that matters, as we hardly spent any time in the room. The rooms are also very clean. The only small negativ point was the lack of toiletries. Our shampoo wasn't refreshed by housekeeping and we had to ask at reception for a new bottle. But that was just a little thing. Overall I would highly receommend this hotel to those people looking for a clean, friendly hotel in an ideal location, that won't break the budget.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nthomson
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2009

Dear 'nthomson'

'The Best Location' Thank you for completing a survey on your recent stay at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did, and that found the hotel such a suitable location, clean rooms and good value, everything that Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf is about

Reviewed October 17, 2009

Great hotel, very reasonaly priced considering the location. 2 mins walk to Darling Harbour (King Street Wharf), 15 mins walk to Circular Quay, 10 mins walk to Pitt/George Street. 5 mins walk to ferries, monorail and cityrail (Wynyard Station).

The hotel was very clean and facilities in-line with the price. Rooms on the smallish side but very adequate. We had a room overlooking the busy road, but never heard any traffic noise...ever. Staff very friendly and always helpful.

If you want to be close to all the attractions that Sydney has to offer but don't want to spend a fortune, stay here!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank londonjp101
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2009

Dear 'Londonjp101'

Thank you very much to review Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, I am glad that you found the location, cleanliness, price and facilities all ideal for your stay.

I notice you mention the soundproofing at the hotel even for rooms facing the motorway/freeway works extremely well, and you were not disturbed in anyway by noise