“Tiny rooms - very claustrophobic”

Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf
Ranked #95 of 178 Hotels in Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 14, 2009

A new Hotel is always an interesting experience. This one is furnished very nicely, the design is great, and it is on the waterfront. Rates are relatively cheap too. I got no ego from the staff, which is how a hotel should be run.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank agisthos
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this review, April 19, 2009
Dear 'Agisthos'

Thank you very much for your comments at your recent stay at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon

adelaide
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Stayed second time. Still good. Great location for me as 2 minutes from our sydney office.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Dear 'Bradlinski'

Thank you for taking the time to again complete a survey on Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf and it is great to see you have returned for your second stay.

I look forward to continuing to welcome you back to the Ibis, and please contact myself directly if you foresee frequent future travel for work, in order to discuss the possibilities of negotiated rates

Reviewed April 9, 2009

I stayed at the Ibis King Street Wharf during a 4 day trip to Sydney in March and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and service received.
The rooms are new and therefore in great condition, very clean and comfortable. The staff are fantastic, very friendly and always remembered my name, even when I couldn't. I had to make a last minute change to my booking and they were very accommodating to my needs. The hotel is situated in a great location, a few seconds walk from King St Wharf itself which has some great restaurants, and a short stroll from the very heart of the great city of Sydney. Whilst the rooms are not huge, they are comfortable, with the bed, linen etc.all of good quality and offering a great nights sleep. I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of my stay at this hotel and commend the staff on a great job.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Woody_076
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this review, April 13, 2009
Dear 'Woody'

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a survey I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

At Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf we strive to exceed our guests expectations each and every stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Myself,daughter and 2 young grandchildren stayed in a Harbour King room for 1 night with 2 very comfy roomy rollaway beds.We still had plenty of room to move around despite being warned that there would not be any room left to put our cases.The room was really fresh, clean and new with all basics you need for a stay and very quiet. We had a great nights sleep after a busy day on the ferries and zoo.The hotel itself is very new and perfectly situated minutes from Darling Harbour where you can access ferries, restaurants, monorail, Imax theatre, aquarium and more. The staff are very friendly and helpful and choice of light,continental and cooked breakfasts very tasty.There is also internet access for a couple of dollars.A convenience store is on the opposite corner and there was a sign on the counter that for an extra $20 you can have carparking and late checkout at 6pm-excellent value. I really cannot fault the Hotel except maybe to put decaf coffee (which I prefer) in the room as well as normal coffee. This Hotel will be my Hotel of choice in Sydney in the future and reccommend it to others.We travelled by taxi from the airport for $40 (4 people) and a sign at counter said shuttle bus is $12.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Sunny58
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this review, April 8, 2009
Dear 'Sunny'

Thank you for your response, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf.

I am very pleased that you will use Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf for all of your future stays, and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Perth
Reviewed April 1, 2009

I travelled with my 2 small kids and other family members, we stayed on the 7th floor and the staff were excellent and very nice. The rooms were very small as well as the shower, but if you are a traveller that stays there only to sleep then it is ok. I had a great time and it is very centrally located. The only issue I probably had was the room being so small and with 2 toddlers they kept hitting there heads on the glass table and the vanity in the bathroom. Overall though a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank balazsd
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this review, April 2, 2009
Dear 'balazsd'

Thank you very much for your comments, regarding your recent stay at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, for your next stay we also have Harbour King rooms and Interconnecting rooms should you wish that little more space for your children

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf soon

Reviewed March 31, 2009

As other reviewers have said Yes the basic rooms at the Ibis King Street Wharf are 'compact' but I knew that before booking and it was important for me not to have to endure a ' well worn ' room. I took my 5yo daughter and it was fine for the two of us, but we only had one suitcase (there was room under the bed for more I guess)

The decor was lovely, as was the bathroom and there was nothing missing AND everything was shiny and new!!

We had room 611 and this faced the freeway and into some other buildings which was kind of pretty at night - I was impressed at how well the double glazing on the small window worked.

One of the "Sydney" websites suggests there is a restaurant - it is only for breakfast but the small bar is open late and I believe it has 'snacks'. There is a convenience store across the road, and only a short walk to all the cafes/restaurants of Darling Harbour.

We utilised the King Street Wharf ferry, but you can get there via Wynyard Train Station. I wouldnt try lugging luggage back up to Wynyard though (weekend access limited) We took the ferry around to Circular Quay, then caught the train from there back to the airport.

I booked direct on the Ibis website, as there wasnt much difference between that and the usual last minute booking sites. (it was a Saturday night)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank KimandJames
Dear Kim and James

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I am able to confirm we do offer snacks after breakfast and a 'Grab it and Go' menu in the evenings.

I am also excited to advise that as of the 1st of April we now offer 'chargeback' arrangements with a number of local restaurants, enabling guests to dine at a restaurant on King Street Wharf overlooking the beautiful water views, and charge it all back to their rooms in a single bill!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf in the near future!