“Great place to stay-perfectly situated!!”

Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf
Ranked #101 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Myself,daughter and 2 young grandchildren stayed in a Harbour King room for 1 night with 2 very comfy roomy rollaway beds.We still had plenty of room to move around despite being warned that there would not be any room left to put our cases.The room was really fresh, clean and new with all basics you need for a stay and very quiet. We had a great nights sleep after a busy day on the ferries and zoo.The hotel itself is very new and perfectly situated minutes from Darling Harbour where you can access ferries, restaurants, monorail, Imax theatre, aquarium and more. The staff are very friendly and helpful and choice of light,continental and cooked breakfasts very tasty.There is also internet access for a couple of dollars.A convenience store is on the opposite corner and there was a sign on the counter that for an extra $20 you can have carparking and late checkout at 6pm-excellent value. I really cannot fault the Hotel except maybe to put decaf coffee (which I prefer) in the room as well as normal coffee. This Hotel will be my Hotel of choice in Sydney in the future and reccommend it to others.We travelled by taxi from the airport for $40 (4 people) and a sign at counter said shuttle bus is $12.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunny58
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2009

Dear 'Sunny'

Thank you for your response, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf.

I am very pleased that you will use Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf for all of your future stays, and look forward to welcoming you back soon

There are newer reviews for Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf

Reviewed April 1, 2009

I travelled with my 2 small kids and other family members, we stayed on the 7th floor and the staff were excellent and very nice. The rooms were very small as well as the shower, but if you are a traveller that stays there only to sleep then it is ok. I had a great time and it is very centrally located. The only issue I probably had was the room being so small and with 2 toddlers they kept hitting there heads on the glass table and the vanity in the bathroom. Overall though a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank balazsd
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2009

Dear 'balazsd'

Thank you very much for your comments, regarding your recent stay at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, for your next stay we also have Harbour King rooms and Interconnecting rooms should you wish that little more space for your children

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf soon

Reviewed March 31, 2009

As other reviewers have said Yes the basic rooms at the Ibis King Street Wharf are 'compact' but I knew that before booking and it was important for me not to have to endure a ' well worn ' room. I took my 5yo daughter and it was fine for the two of us, but we only had one suitcase (there was room under the bed for more I guess)

The decor was lovely, as was the bathroom and there was nothing missing AND everything was shiny and new!!

We had room 611 and this faced the freeway and into some other buildings which was kind of pretty at night - I was impressed at how well the double glazing on the small window worked.

One of the "Sydney" websites suggests there is a restaurant - it is only for breakfast but the small bar is open late and I believe it has 'snacks'. There is a convenience store across the road, and only a short walk to all the cafes/restaurants of Darling Harbour.

We utilised the King Street Wharf ferry, but you can get there via Wynyard Train Station. I wouldnt try lugging luggage back up to Wynyard though (weekend access limited) We took the ferry around to Circular Quay, then caught the train from there back to the airport.

I booked direct on the Ibis website, as there wasnt much difference between that and the usual last minute booking sites. (it was a Saturday night)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank KimandJames

Dear Kim and James

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I am able to confirm we do offer snacks after breakfast and a 'Grab it and Go' menu in the evenings.

I am also excited to advise that as of the 1st of April we now offer 'chargeback' arrangements with a number of local restaurants, enabling guests to dine at a restaurant on King Street Wharf overlooking the beautiful water views, and charge it all back to their rooms in a single bill!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf in the near future!

Reviewed March 29, 2009

My fiancé and I stayed here over the Mardi Gras weekend. Although it was a busy weekend in Sydney the rate we got was really good. Yes the rooms are a little small but why go to Sydney to hang out in a hotel room! The room was extremely clean and quiet. The location is excellent with everything we wanted to see well within walking distance. The staff were very friendly and when I left my Blackberry charger there it was promptly returned to me – thanks Benjamin! The breakfast was great with a selection of fruit, cereal and warm food. It was a good start to the day!

Next time I am in Sydney I would be more than willing to stay here again. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cookieUk
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2009

Dear 'CookieUK'

Thank you so much for your review, I am glad you and your fiancé enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 12, 2009

We stayed here for two nights in March and were really pleased. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Darling Harbor and about 20 minutes from the Opera House. The surrounding area includes some 24 hour convenience stores and a few restaurants, but most of the restaurants are in Darling Harbor or Pitt St, only a few minutes walk away.

Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a rollaway bed in our room which was nice and not at all as bad as one might fear. Overall, we were very pleased with the room. The breakfast is from 6 to 10 and has a lot to offer. It is worth adding if you choose one of the room bookings with breakfast.

The staff are a real benefit of staying here as well. They are friendly and courteous and helpful. They knew our names when they saw us in the morning and could give advice regarding sites to see.

In all, a very good experience. I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it.

One word of advice if you are coming from the airport. If you take the train, get off at the Wynyard station and walk to the hotel (about 10 minutes depending on which door you exit). However, this is a really bad way to get to the hotel. Save money, time and walking by taking one of the shuttles from the airport to the hotel for less than the cost of the train.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank mhnstr
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2009

Dear 'Mhnstr'

Thank you very much for your comments regarding the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2009

I recently spent a night at the new, well-located Ibis King Street Wharf, and after doing so can say that it is a fabulous hotel for visitors who spend most of their time outside their rather compact rooms, either in business meetings or being busy with sightseeing. The rooms offer everything you may need, including an iron and ironing board. The bathrooms are equally functional, they have a shower but no bath. My room was on one of the higher floors, and there was virtually no traffic noise. The air conditioning was quiet, too, so even light sleepers should be able to get a good night's sleep in the very comfortable bed. The flat screen TV is not huge, but that's no big deal. Next to it was a biggish black and white photograph showing the hull of a boat in the rain. Not exactly an uplifting sight ! I was able to check in early, which was a bonus, even though it took a while to get to the front of the queue. Check out was much quicker. I paid $99 for the night, which was a special and more than value for money, but I wouldn't stay at the regular rate. The hotel invites you to leave your email address, so that they can email you a questionnaire for feedback. I'm still waiting for mine, so I've decided to air my views on tripadvisor.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank lutzy
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2009

Dear 'Lutzy'

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, we do offer specials most months so please keep an eye out for further specials and packages to entice you back

I look forward to welcoming you to the Ibis King Street Wharf in the future

Reviewed February 21, 2009

We just arrived back from a weekend in Sydney with friends. Three couples all staying at the Ibis Hotel King Street Wharf.

The hotel is in a good location - a few blocks walk from Wynyard Railway Station and a block from King Street Wharf/Darling Harbour. Checking in to the hotel was no problem with the staff friendly and welcoming. Our friends were already checked in and after mentioning this to the receptionist, she changed us to the same floor. Nothing seemed to be a problem. We phoned later to get a bottle opener and it was delivered very quickly with no fuss. Would have been nice to have one in the room though.

When we entered our room, we were a little surprised to see how tiny it was. Just enough space for the bed, mini fridge, small table & chair and bathroom. My 5ft 11 boyfriend slept with his feet hanging over the end of the bed. We had to shuffle around each other which was a little annoying. For a one night stay, that was ok, but a few days of this would have driven us nuts. The bathroom (shower & toilet) was also on the small side but ok for what you had to do in there. Was also surprising to see timber floors in the room - was fine, but something I hadn't seen before.

The room was clean, tidy and the bed comfortable. The hotel is new, so everything is still looking and feeling lovely. It was quiet with double glass windows (also small) considering we had a major road going past our window.

Checking out was fine and handled professionally but felt a little sorry for the receptionist as it was right on check-out time and the foyer was packed. He handled it well and everyone seemed ok. No cranky people or yelling. A good sign.

We did hear from a few of the other guests in passing who had had issues with a mistake with the parking charge, elevators that couldn't find the basement levels and a room that smelt like cigarette smoke (a unconsiderate previous guest who didn't follow the rules obviously!...which is out of the control of the hotel).

We thought the hotel was affordable, clean, tidy, in a good location with friendly staff and would definitely consider staying here again for a night.

My only other recommendation would be to larger, taller people - you may need to consider somewhere else with more space.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Opanook
IBISKINGSTREETWHARF, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2009

Dear 'Opanook'

Thank you very much for the time taken to review the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and found the service and all of our staff helpful, I will definitely pass on your complements

For future stays we also have some Harbour King rooms, which feature two windows, and outlooks over King Street Wharf as well as a King Size bed, which may be more suited for your partners height

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf soon!