“Would Be Very Dissapointed If Paid Full Price”

Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf
Ranked #101 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Check in staff were friendly and quick. We got this on a super special of about $68 AUD.
The room was not carpeted, the air conditioning did not work very well at all. The room was clean and towels etc. provided. The room, small, very small.
There was no room noise from the motorway above at all, but the heat in the room and lack of cooling was noticeable.
I was very happy with what we paid. However, we tried to book for our return stay and the same room was around the $280 mark. We did not book.
Overall the room felt 'bare'.
I would be very weary paying over $100 for this room.
I rated the sleep quality and rooms so low as it was very hot. The bed was not of high quality.

Room Tip: Get a room that the A/C works.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Steven S, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Traveller,

Thankyou for taking the time to write your post on Trip Advisor. Yes its always fantastic when we drop some gret sales rates in market, Im glad you had the opportunity to secure one for your stay. Generally the floor boards in rooms are well received particularly those travellers with dust allergies. I am sorry you encountered the issue with the AC cooling, I can assure you all of our units are on a rotating service program in partucular with the lead up to summer. I am pleased you mentioned our friendly staff, they certainly are a great crew to work with.

Thanks again.

Regards Steve

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Compact, clean and well equipped.
Great management and all staff members were very helpful.
Extremely close to to bars, restaurants and chic night life. Fantastic location!! Highly recommended it to all travellers. I will definitely revisit Sydney and this will be my first stop!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Traveller,

Thanks for posting your great feedback on Trip Advisor. Feedback like yours makes all of the hard work and effort the team put in extremely rewarding. I also agree our location is fantastic for all of the reasons you mentioned. Thanks again and I hope we can look after you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I didn't spend much time there as I was in Sydney on a business trip, but the hotel is well located near Darling Harbour and just a few minute's walk from Wynyard. Room was small, but comfortable. The bed was certainly comfortable and I slept well. Staff were excellent and very helpful. My only complaint is that curtains could be a little thicker, as the I awoke with the sun because the curtains let in so much light. The hotel was spotlessly clean and was ideal for my purpose.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank The_Grumpster
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Only had a one night stay but the staff were great, location is perfect for getting around the city and the room exactly what I needed. Would have loved to have had more time to spend. Client service was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My first impression on walking through the lobby was it was more a backpackers than hotel, next impression on opening door was "OMG! Thats small" Once over the initial shock though I found the room was actually very well layed out with excellent cabinetry which mean that, yes it was small, but for a solo traveler on business is was more than adequate. Also the price is right, and the location superb. Location wise it is a few steps to the wharfe and all the restaurants, a pleasant stroll to madam toussards and the Imax and 5-7 minutes walk to the train station. Rooms were clean and tidy and desk area great for working. They were happy to accommodate an early check in and were really helpful for recommending morning running routes (which are superb). Also soundproofing was excellent. never heard anyone/thing else when in the room. Didn't try the cafe/restaurant, but the coffee shop on the wharf just down from here did the best Banana bread. All in all I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed for two nights in August with my partner for a weekend in Sydney. The rooms are very compact, but who wants to sit in their room all day in Sydney when there is lots to do around town? They are clean, have a bed and a shower - what more do you want? Location is excellent - walking distance to Darling Harbour and Wynyard Train Station. The Darling Harbour Ferry is only one block away, and a nice alternative getting to Circular Quay. The staff member I dealt with for both check-in and check-out was very friendly. Offered to help with directions, and on check-out offered assistance with luggage storage and offered to call a taxi. Very impressed. I will be sure to book in here for my next private trip to Sydney.

Room Tip: All rooms are double-glazed, quiet, and have no view - get outside on a ferry for a better view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at Ibis Sydney King Street Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Patrick M,

Thanks so much for your awesome post on Trip Advisor.

I 100% agree with you on all counts particularly the fantastic location and what it has to offer, restaurants, bars, attractions, shopping the list goes on. I am also glad to see you had the chance to meet our great staff, they all work hard at delivering great service to our guests.

Thanks again and we look forwardc to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, the location was fantastic an easy walk to Darling Harbour and the City. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was small but clean and comfortable and quiet. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo