All reviews executive apartment darling harbour coles supermarket full kitchen large fridge washing machine restaurants and shopping these apartments king size bed capitol theatre decent size great apartment excellent location lounge area apartment was clean central station stayed nights
Reviewed February 2, 2019 via mobile

We found the staff very helpful and polite. The room very clean and well provided. Location suited us very much we walked to Darling Harbour, loads of restaurants and pubs everywhere. Trains close by. Great stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KarinaK2348, Guest Relations Manager at APX World Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at APX World Square and for taking out time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

APX World Square is conveniently located in the heart of Sydney’s entertainment district which makes it easy for our guests to explore all that the city has to offer.
The team is happy to learn that you were very impressed with our overall service and facilities and we would like to let you know that it was a pleasure to be at your service during your stay.

We value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 30, 2019

Good points:
- Location convenient for Chinatown, but also a short walk to central, Darling Harbour and city centre
-Apartment had a full kitchen with fridge/freezer, toaster, microwave, dishwasher and ample kitchen utensils to cook meals
- Check in quick and friendly
- No noise from adjoining rooms or outside
- Large balcony, long lap pool and well equiped gym
- Room very clean
- We only stayed 2 nights and booking said there was no cleaning. Despite this, the cleaners did come in whilst we were out. Then- 4hrs later they returned to vacuum!! Very odd that they'd split the cleaning like that.
- Comfortable bed, but it was 2 singles zipped together.

Bad points:
- A month before the trip, I emailed the hotel directly to find out what qualified for their event package deals- advertised on their website. 2mths later now, I still havent had any reply to that email!!!
- I rang the hotel weeks beforehand to ask about event package offers as we were attending a wedding nearby. The male receptionsist had no clue, despite me saying its was on their own website that they offer an events discount! I never got a clear answer from him!
- I asked to price match the price I'd found on a 3rd party site because I'd prefer to book direct. The receptionist just said ' book with whoever you want to'!!!! So I booked on another site and saved $30!
- TV in lounge pretty small, and the one in the bedroom didn't connect to the TV at all!
- Our room was at the exact level to receive direct exhaust blowing from the nearby Chinese restaurants
- The shower door didnt close completely, so let water leak all over the floor
- A male cleaner advised that there were towels in the pool toilets to use. On arrival at the pool though, there were no towels! We therefore had to return to our room to use those ones.

After the trip, I was sent a survey to compete from the hotel, which I sent back the same day. I specificaly asked to be contacted about it. That was over 3 weeks ago and I've not had any reply at all!

Overall, the apartment was clean, well equiped, reasonably priced and in a great location, BUT, their customer service and communicatons need improvement!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank dalton1skiing
KarinaK2348, Guest Relations Manager at APX World Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Dear Guest,

Allow me to first of all sincerely apologize to you for all the inconvenience caused and I thank you for providing us with valuable feedback .We have received your feedback with a great deal of concern and assure you that such comments are not normal and a definite deviation from our standards.

Reviewed January 27, 2019

After reading some reviews we were a little worried - But upon arriving we had nothing to worry about. The staff were friendly and helpful the room was great value and clean. Yes the furnishings are a little outdated but there is nothing that can be faulted in the way of service and cleanliness.

1  Thank maryann636

Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

The hotel called me the night before our booking on Australia Day (almost 2 weeks after I had a confirmed booking) to advise that they had to move me to a different Apx hotel in the city as they had double booked the room. They called me back 3 hours later (at 8pm the night before we we’re supposedly to check in) to advise the second hotel was also double booked. Disgraceful!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
KarinaK2348, Guest Relations Manager at APX World Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I do hope that you shall provide us with another opportunity to play host to you which will allow us to truly show you what our APX hospitality stands for and provide you with a far better overall experience.

Reviewed January 24, 2019

** Never stayed**
I was booked (and paid) for a room at this hotel.

Upon check in, I was advised that there was an issue with my booking and that I had been transferred to their sister hotel down the road APX Darling Harbour.

Didn't bother me to much as I was in for work, traveling light and could manage the 550 metre walk to the other establishment. I suspect that if you had just found parking and had family and children in tow than you wouldn't be as understanding.

I mentioned this to my work colleagues and apparently it happens regularly at this chain and it is "suggested" that the two hotels "load balance" to maximize revenue opportunity.

In principle, this is not cool. If you don't have the rooms, don't take the money is a simplistic but apt ethos for a hotel I think. *shrug.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Allow me to first of all sincerely apologize to you for all the inconvenience caused and I thank you for providing us with valuable feedback.We have received your feedback with a great deal of concern and assure you that such comments are not normal and a definite deviation from our standards.

In your case the room allocated to you at APX World Square had last minute maintenance issue and we didn't want you to face any inconvenience if the room was not available.The only solution available at that stage was relocating you to our sister property APX Darling Harbour. I have personally made a note that for any future reservations you don't prefer relocation and the same has been updated in your profile as well.