“great choice”
Review of APX World Square

APX World Square
Ranked #113 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We planned to go to Sydney and this place was recommended to us. It could not have been a better choice. The rooms were large, superclean and very spacious. I smoke so the balcony was a real plus!!.

The reception staff was very frinedly and helpfull. They provieded us with good tips about the city and helped us to book the transport for the concert.

On our second night,we needed some help to organise accomodation in Melbourne for my cousin and the receptioninst (a lady) wentout he way to assist us. She even made a couple of calls on our behalf. Thanks !!

Over all a great experience. We definetely will go back.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I have stayed in many similar places (chain appartment style accom - quest, merriton, oaks etc etc) but this place is simply the worst ever.

There is a noxious odour that is so strong and nasty in the corridor outside my room that I fear that if I have to go out there I will surely not make it to the lift. Even if I did make it to the lift the smell (different to that of the corridor but equally unbearable) I wouldn't have the strength push the button to call it.

This place stinks to high heaven! I feel sick from it.

I asked the girl at reception what the hell it was and she said it was that the garbage contractor had not collected
the garbage for a few days. Charming that the smell could reach up to me on the fifth floor.

The tv above the bed hasn't got Foxtel like the one in the living room (which has crap reception). The noise outside is incredible. The shower has great pressure but water leaks out all over the floor and pools in the middle of the bathroom.

Not actually at World Square for a start. Entrance via a very dungeon like Cunningham St. Should be demolished and guests refunded. Pure rubbish. Lift your game Quest! You've lost me. I feel sorry for you if you read this and still book to stay here.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
qoddh, Manager at APX World Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2010

Our records show that on the day of this complaint, the garbage was not collected by the City Council as expected. On the same day we contacted the Council and were advised that new contractors missed the regular collection in our building as they were still familiarizing with the local area. The problem was rectified.

Reg comments about laud noise, our property is located in the heart of Chinatown; however unlike other neighboring hotels, we are located in Cunningham St corner with Goulbourn (away from the busy and laud parts George and Pitt Streets). Because our location, our guest would normally enjoy a safe and peaceful stay. We always welcome on time request to relocate guest with special requirements or concerns to other rooms better suited to their needs.

Please feel free to contact the Property Manager if you have any further concerns.

Reviewed January 14, 2010

Checked out my self from another nearby hotel. The reception girls was very attentive and informative. The rooms were absolutely great and found extremelly clean and very well maintained.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed September 1, 2009

• Stayed: September 2009
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed August 26, 2009

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I stayed at Quest World Square for 3 nights on a business trip. The cleanliness of the hotel, or lack thereof, is absolutely atrocious. Upon arriving, I found the toilet seat dirty, and stained. I told the reception staff, and luckily this was cleaned up properly. But still, bad impression. Then on the second night, I found huge blotches of dried blood on the quilt. The quilt was covered by a sheet on the top and a sheet on the bottom, no wonder I didn't see it on the first night. But the thought that I had slept in the same quilt still sends shudders down my spine. It was 930pm at night that I discovered this, and I called the reception staff, who changed it for me (seems like there was only one person on duty). It was disgusting and feral. Will never ever stay there again, and will think twice about staying in other Quest establishments around Australia. The hotel is nicely situated, but it's way too noisy to sleep. Very very disappointed. Absolutely will not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank shezz84
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I asked concierge to help me book Taxi. The Taxi driver asked me for high booking fee and gave me a fake receipt. Then the taxi company couldn't find the driver.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business