$214
$159
  • Pool
Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Holiday Inn Old Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$121
$118
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$269
$182
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

$133
$125
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$113
$107
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$177
$152
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$197
$109
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$205
$155
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

All reviewsexecutive apartmentdarling harbourcoles supermarketfull kitchenwashing machinegood sizethese apartmentscapitol theatrecentral stationlounge areapublic transportstayed nightshyde parklocation is excellentpitt streetopera housebalcony
Reviewed May 27, 2018

I book this apartment because I can cook. However, I found the stove didn't work at 8pm and called reception to fix it. The staff told me will call maintenance to come immediately and asked me to wait. There was no one to come when I was waiting for an hour. I go down and asked but the staff keep telling to wait. I wasted whole night for waiting almost 2hrs and all the food i bought from supermarket. Next day, I called reception again and the manager told me maintenance will not come at night. But the staff told me to wait !!!! How Ridiculous !!!!! Just waiting my time and I cannot get service what I have paid!!!! I would not choose this apartment anymore! Never!!! so disappointed and not acceptable!!! This is the worst apartment I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank LLLilian
Karina K, Guest Relations Manager at APX World Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at APX World Square and for taking out your valuable time to give us a constructive feedback.

Allow me to first of all sincerely apologize to you for all the inconvenience caused and I thank you for providing us with valuable feedback .We have received your feedback with a great deal of concern and assure you that such comments are not normal and a definite deviation from our standards.

While we respect your decision on not wanting to stay with us again I do hope that you shall provide us with another opportunity to play host to you which will allow us to truly show you what our APX hospitality stands for and provide you with a far better overall experience.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Great location, walking distance to everything. Lots of shops and restaurants. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment that had everything you need. TV channels were a bit difficult to figure out. People next door kept going in and out all night so their banging door kept me awake. The entrance is in a dark dingy lane and there are buildings right in front that don't provide a great view. Lots of repairs needed to walls and doors in the apartment.
Would stay there again for the great location and reasonable price.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Karina K, Guest Relations Manager at APX World Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at APX World Square and for taking out time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

APX World Square is conveniently located in the heart of Sydney’s entertainment district which makes it easy for our guests to explore all that the city has to offer.
The team is happy to learn that you were very impressed with our overall service and facilities and we would like to let you know that it was a pleasure to be at your service during your stay.

We value your patronage and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

The guy at reception APX World Square is very rude. His English is terrible, we cant understand anything. Not friendly at all, not clean at all. We paid for our room, not stay without money! Never never be back again.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Hồng Hoa N
Karina K, Guest Relations Manager at APX World Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking out your valuable time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are reviewing your feedback with utmost urgency however we could not trace your name in our property management system to carry out a detailed investigation. Would you please contact me via guestrelations@apxhotelsapartments.com as I would like to further discuss your experience and ascertain some more details.We would appreciate your cooperation to address your grievance and ensure that they don’t reoccur in future.

At APX Hotels, we urge all our guests to contact us during the stay so that we are able to rectify any issues while they are still here and to ensure their stay is enjoyable.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night last Saturday night, the hotel is out dated and run down, the lift was out of order making it difficult to get up and down the lift. I paid an expensive $171.00 for the night (not woth the money) they didnt unform me of the extra $50 charge to park your car so it ends up being $221.00 to stay here. its also noisy at night all you can here is the traffic. The staff are not pleasant. My advice dont stay here as its not worth that money there are much better hotels near by at a cheaper rate.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business

Dear Mr.Mike W,

Thank you for choosing to stay at APX World Square and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advsor.

Your comments certainly do sound out of character as typically our guests consistently comment on our fantastic hospitality that we pride ourselves on providing.Your serious allegations with regard to staff seem very unusual. As many reviewers here on Trip Advisor can attest, our staff are very professional and helpful.

We do urge our guests to contact us during the stay so that we are able to rectify any issues or concerns while they are still here and to ensure their stay is memorable. During your stay, hotel management was in constant contact with you for your feedback on the stay.

The property has a secured paid parking.This is clearly advertised on our website and third party websites including Booking.com.However, you were adamant on not paying the parking charges and threatened to post negative reviews on social media portals to spoil the online reputation of the hotel. Inspite of the your inappropriate behavior, we were very calm and displayed highest standards of professionalism during the entire incident.
Quoting the lines from your email sent post departure-"I wont return and I will tell everyone about your expensive unfair parking rates. It will cost your bottom line. No problem."

On the issue of noise all our apartments are designed to allow the guests to be insulated from outside noise once doors are closed. We are now checking all our outside doors and windows to ensure that they are able to filter out sounds as per design.

I would request you not misuse social media as the team at the hotel works really hard to curate exceptional experiences for all our guests and an inappropriate review like yours will affect their morale which we as a company would never want.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

There's a very strong odour throughout the public spaces in the building. The carpark entrance was located along a very grotty lane and was filthy. Noise from the bars and smell of cooked food from the establishments below crept into the room day and night, so opening the room window is not a good option despite the balcony. Fortunately, the room was clean and the location was convenient.

Was asked for a $200 security deposit on my card despite having checked in prior to arrival via their online check in system which also took my pre-authorisation details. Reception staff issued a carpark pass (paid $100 for 2 nights) which didn't work; we were stranded in front of the carpark gantry which wouldn't lift up. When I called the reception desk, I appreciated that the staff came to assist us promptly and politely. When we got into the lift which was the nearest one to our parking lot, it wouldn't read our card. Returned to the reception and was told that the lift to the apartment was a little away from the lift we had taken. We weren't informed about this during check in.

The next morning, the fire alarm went off with an announcement to evacuate the building. Gathered at the assembly area with the other guests but no hotel staff came to brief us about anything.

In the afternoon, received a missed unsolicited call from a certain Karina Kaur, who's apparently the Guest Relations Manager. Returned call and spoke to a staff named Mohammed who wanted to know if all was well with our stay. Gave feedback that there hadn't been any information from the hotel about the fire evacuation incident. Mohammed politely suggested that I should have asked him at the reception counter and he would have updated me then. I was speechless as I wondered if that had been the hotel's standard safety and communication procedure - to have every single guest crowd around the reception and inquire about a crisis rather than having a staff address the crowd which had already gathered anyway upon being instructed to evacuate the building. Still, as a goodwill gesture, I gifted the reception staff who had personally assisted us with the carpark problem on Day 1 with a small gift.

Upon check out, I requested for the refund of my $200 security deposit. The reception staff assured me that she had immediately sent the pre-auth cancellation request to my bank and I would get my refund within 1 to 5 days. I authorised her to charge the $100 parking fee to my card but for which I was not issued a receipt. I was in a hurry to leave and didn't have time to ask about the payment documents. I then received an email from Karina Kaur once again asking for feedback about our stay. She then followed up with an unsolicited phone call on the following day for the same purpose. Took the opportunity to tell her my concerns that I had neither been refunded the $200 security deposit nor received proof from the hotel that the pre-auth had been cancelled, which hotels around the world that I had stayed at would automatically and transparently provide or demonstrate to guests upon check out as a standard practice. I also told her that I did not get a receipt for the parking fee which I had paid for. She explained that no receipt for parking was issued as I had booked via Booking.com, that the hotel had sent a request to my bank to cancel my pre-auth when I checked out and I should receive the $200 security deposit refund in my account within 3 to 5 days. I clarified that I had booked my room via Booking.com and already received my payment confirmation for it. However, I had paid $100 directly to the hotel for parking along with $200 security deposit (my bank statement showed a total of $300 had been debited from my account) but received no payment evidences from the hotel. To my surprise, with obvious annoyance in her voice, she defensively asked if I had asked for the payment evidences from the reception staff and since I hadn't she would email them to me. I was shocked by the tone of her response and said if she had genuinely called to seek my feedback, I would like to suggest that the issuance of receipt and pre-auth cancellation should be a standard and automatic financial procedure of the hotel in order to give guests peace of mind. It is afterall a hotel, not a market stall. She raised her voice and said, "That's why I asked you if you had asked for the payment evidences from the reception" and then accused me of being rude. Appalling is an understatement. She had been "chasing" me for feedback on three occasions only to be highly intolerant of customer's genuine concerns. I ended the phone call immediately as I could not stomach any more shock and stress coming from a "Guest Relations Manager" who is obviously in urgent need of guest relations training herself.

The hotel then emailed me the receipt for my parking fee and a copy of the pre-auth cancellation request form which they sent to my bank. What further baffled me was that, as evidenced on the written details and electronic transmission timestamp on the form from the hotel to the bank, the pre-auth cancellation request was sent to the bank just minutes after my phone conversation with Karina - which was a day after I had checked out of the hotel not at the point when I checked out as alleged by her and the reception staff. They had also assumed my name on my bank card without verifying first and unsurprisingly indicated the wrong name on the form. I have asked that they amend the error and for an explanation regarding their claim that the pre-auth cancellation had been processed immediately upon my checkout when as it turned out, was only done one day later. The hotel has yet to respond.

This experience has been highly stressful for me as I continue to wait with bated breath for the refund of my security deposit. In regards to the Australian tourism industry, this hotel is an absolute disgrace. Headed by a Guest Relations Manager who has demonstrated that she is far from fit for her role, this hotel does not possess that trademark Australian professionalism and courtesy at all (because it isn't). Above all, DO NOT use their online pre-arrival check in service which asks for all personal and card details but is clearly not functioning as intended. I am worried that my details are now stored in some dodgy system. Also, INSIST on evidence of the security deposit cancellation upon check out. BETTER STILL, don't even consider them for your Sydney holiday. Will never recommend them to anyone. There are numerous other hotels in the vicinity worth exploring.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Vanda_MSJ
Karina K, Guest Relations Manager at APX World Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Dear Ms.Vanda

During your stay, hotel management was in constant contact with you for your feedback on the stay. We do urge our guests to contact us during the stay so that we are able to rectify any issues or concerns while they are still here and to ensure their stay is memorable. It is unfortunate that we were not informed during the stay. Your comments were noted post departure and resolved with utmost urgency.

Your serious allegations with regard to staff seem very unusual. As many reviewers here on Trip Advisor can attest, our staff are very professional and helpful. I, the Guest Relations Manager, was just trying to facilitate you with all the documents and invoices that you needed post departure. However, you were very abusive towards me and threatened me to post negative reviews on social media portals to defame the character of hotel staff and spoil the online reputation of the hotel. Inspite of the your inappropriate behaviour, we were very calm and displayed highest standards of professionalism during the entire conversation.

We would like to sincerely apologize that your stay was disrupted by the sounding of our fire-alarm and for the inconveniences this might have caused. It is very unfortunate and certainly far from the experience we set out to achieve for our guests. I would like to assure you that we treat the safety and welfare of our guests and team members with the utmost importance. Whilst the sounding of the alarms represents a significant disturbance to our guests, the alarm system and other measures are in place to ensure everyone's security. With minimal staff on duty, the situation was handled very well by our most experienced guest service associate and there were no guest dissonances reported.

Please note that it is standard industry practice that most hotels request for a pre authorization at the time of check in. This is an electronic request is made to your bank and the bank confirms that funds are available and confirms this has been set aside in case required by us. There is no physical transfer of any money to us from your account. This normally takes 3 -5 days to be released back to your account which is normally dependent upon your banks policies in this regard. In your particular case, the bond was released the same day post departure and the copy of bank release form was send to you a day after your checkout after our conversation but that doesn't not mean that the pre authorisation was not released on time. May I recommend that when you check out next time you provide our Guest Service Agent to give you a copy of the bank release form for follow up with your bank in case of an unusual delay.

With regard to your invoice, since the booking was made through a third party website(Booking.Com),the invoice is generated and sent by them. The additional invoice for parking that you required was never requested at the reception, who would be happy to provide you the same on departure. This was also sent to post our conversation.