“Quest is not on!!”
Review of APX World Square

APX World Square
Ranked #115 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The location was fine as I needed to near Hyde Park and I know the area. BUT this is not a good area! Quite stroppy reception Demanding a $200 deposit when my credit card had been deducted over a week previously and they had all my details. very lame excuses given by the staff. A lot of disputes at the reception area over this, one family walked out! The apartment was well equipped the views terrible...,into neighbours living areas! The public areas were dirty and i did not use the pool as it seemed lacking a cleanliness standard. No business centre, but I made use of the internet in the next building run by a charming chinese helpful manager. My transport arrived to take me to the airport and could not park outside the entrance so I left without tipping him . So sorry...

Room Tip: can not advise any
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank sidonie
Srinivas K, Manager at APX World Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Quest World Square. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your recent experience.

Your comments have certainly outlined areas for improvement and I have addressed each of the areas with the relevant department managers.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Clean, and a great location. Easy walking distance to everything.

But seriously, NO WIFI?? They claim to be a business centre, but in this day and age, which hotel/service apartment doesn't have wifi! Even starbucks round the corner has wifi!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Specopspaintball

Dear Guest

Your comments have certainly outlined areas for improvement and we have addressed this issue by installing Wi-Fi

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel on hotelclub as a last minute as my mother in law passed away . Hotel club charged me $149 total for 3 persons including all taxes . When I turned up at hotel they said I have to pay an extra $45 for use of sofa bed . After long discussions with reception they insisted I have to pay the extra. I then had to make phone calls to hotel club in la. usa and with more long discussions they were willing to send me a email where I could send to them and they would investigate . No good for me when I'm waiting to get into room at 630 at night . I know it's not much money , but it's the principle they apply in ripping people off . They should call a spade a spade and not employ their conniving tactics . Just a ripp off and something everyone can do without. My advice ,GO ELSWHERE.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank sunc0asttraveller

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a great apartment for families (we travelled with a child) We had the main bedroom and had a child in the living room on the fold out couch.

The reception was very busy when we arrived and there is no parking so you have to navigate getting bags out and getting keys to valets with barely any parking area... if there is a backlog of people and cars it can be a nightmare (as it was for us). We parked in a alley around the corner in front of their parking garage and ran our bags out from there.

We waited a long time to check in due to the backlog - a lot of foreigners. However, the check in agent was very kind and efficient and I couldnt speak highly enough of his professionalism.

Once in the room it was perfect for us, clean, tidy (small but fine for us) if you had 4 or more people I would get something larger than a 1 bedroom.

There is a small convenience store next door that will rip your wallet from your hands for some shampoo, I think I paid $12 or $14 for a bottle of shampoo! Needless to say, that will teach me to remember in the future!

The area it is in is not so great. It's about a 10 minute walk to Chinatown and any Sydneysider will tell you Chinatown is the 'bad' side of Sydney (unless you want good Chinese!) Its seedy and dirty. However, walk in the opposite direction for a good 20minutes and you will come across Hyde Park and then The barracks, this is a lovely part of Sydney and the cafe in the barracks is to die for.

That being said, its hard to find a decent apartment in Sydney for a decent price and this place had good prices! We stayed 3 nights in all and it was fine. Id stay again for the price, but if you are all about location, try Darling Harbour or somewhere down near the Rocks area, more expensive, but right in the heart of everything!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank thetravelingtrio3

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting to stay at Quest World Square and taking the time to provide us with your feedback pertaining to your stay.

We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared the same with all our team members. Positive comments such yours are also huge motivational factor for the team who strive hard to please our valued guest.

Karim

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. The apartment was really large and well appointed. The location was good being a 30 minute walk into the harbour area which was great for us as we went at NYE so could easily get home in the early hours. Lots of eating places around particularly Thai. The reception staff were really helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paula F
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here in early December with a Friend because we were here for a concert and chose Quest because it seemed fairly central to other places. We arrived at about 10am hoping to be able to check in straight away (since we'd informed them when our flight got in) and get rid of our bags. However, ours wasn't ready till 2pm, but because they couldn't check us in straight away, we found out that they actually upgraded our room.
It was a 5min walk to Darling Harbour and about a 30-40min walk to Circular Quay. The room was fantastic - very spacious and a wonderful large Kitchen, which came in quite handy!
The staff were very helpful when asked - we needed direction/public transport advice on how to get to Allianz Stadium and we got a call not long after saying they had given us slightly wrong advice and they were incredibly worried we'd already left to go there - so the level service and care for customers was quite high!
All in all a wonderful stay and we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cassie1911
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. The living area of lounge, dining and kitchen was huge. Well equipped kitchen. There's a Coles supermarket opposite the building. We bought a grilled chicken at Coles, some bread rolls,salad and wine and had a banquet in our apartment!

The bedroom is quite small, but all considered it was only to sleep, so that was OK. It did have a TV in that room as well as a TV and DVD player in the lounge.

The bathroom is a reasonable size, but the shower cubicle a bit cramped.

The swimming pool area is very spartan, and there were no towels, so I had to go back upstairs to collect one.

Inside the room there are many signs of wear. Scuffs on the walls, polyfilla marks on the ceiling. But at that price for the facilities, it is all about give and take, so we didn't mind.

The room has a balcony, but all one can see is the shopping centre over the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple