“great brisket”

Endeavour Tap Rooms
Reserve a Table
Ranked #159 of 7,382 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighborhood: The Rocks
Description: The Endeavour Tap Rooms; a brewery, bar & restaurant is a collaboration by the teams from Endeavour Vintage Beer Co and Applejack Hospitality. The venue follows both brands philosophies of using all-Australian, seasonally-harvested ingredients with no preservatives. The restaurant menu offers a range of smoked produce from the land and sea, served feast-style and accompanied with vibrant salads and house-made sauces. In addition to beers, The Endeavour Tap Rooms’ taps pour seasonal cocktails and NSW wines from the keg.
Reviewed December 7, 2018

Stopped here after gym to grab a healthy bite and had the beef brisket and the Poached Mixed Grain Salad. The brisket was top notch and the salad a very tasty and filling side option. Def would like to go back next time in Sydney

Date of visit: December 2018
ApplejackHospitality, Manager at Endeavour Tap Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Thanks for the great review! The brisket is definitely a favourite on our menu & we're so glad to hear you enjoyed it! We do hope to see you back for another visit when you're next in Sydney!

Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

We’d stayed previously in The Rocks and liked this part of Sydney
We wanted to visit the Market on a Saturday and after strolling around for a while hit on The Tap Rooms.
I’m not a big Beer drinker but the Blond Lager was excellent and my Son has a really nice, tasty Steak which he really enjoyed.
We sat outside so could people watch on a lovely Sunny day in Sydney with The Bridge in view.
The Service was also very friendly.
It was an impromptu decision to go to The Tap Rooms but one we were delighted to have made!

Date of visit: December 2018
Endeavour T, General Manager at Endeavour Tap Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Hi Greatblackhawk, thanks for the detailed review! Happy to hear you had a nice afternoon here, we'd love to see back again soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

I asked what beer do they have and beer tasting paddle. The bartender proceeded to pour 4 same beers. I refused the other 3 beers and requested the tasting paddle. I started to drink my beer and had to go toilet. Returning to my beer which was now missing , And security staff were there to escort my off premises. I will not recommend your business to anybody. Poor service. Rude staff.

Date of visit: November 2018
Endeavour T, General Manager at Endeavour Tap Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Hi Steven,

NSW has the strictest liquor laws in Australia and there are huge penalties for staff and venues that serve an intoxicated patron. Unfortunately, it does come down to interpretation and staff can only go with what they see. Please feel free to get in touch, I would be more than happy to discuss in greater detail.

Kind regards,
John - General Manager
9241 6517 or john@taprooms.com.au

Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

Walked by tonight and decided to eat at this restaurant after the Sydney bridge climb with my family. Was refused a beer. Manager said they thought I had been drinking. I had not and was with my family.

Definitely got a vibe that they were racially profiling me. Would avoid Tap Rooms completely.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank R N
Endeavour T, General Manager at Endeavour Tap Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2018

Hi R N,

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, however an accusation of racial profiling is incredibly serious and well off the mark. NSW has the strictest liquor laws in Australia and there are huge penalties for staff and venues that serve an intoxicated patron. Unfortunately, it does come down to interpretation and staff can only go with what they see. It's never easy for the venue to make these on the spot decisions and we don't always get it right. Please feel free to get in touch, I would be more than happy to discuss in greater detail.

Kind regards,
John - General Manager
9241 6517 or john@taprooms.com.au

Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

This was our first lunch stop in Sydney after the long flight from the US.  Seated outside, we enjoyed a cold pint, a decent reuben sandwich and burger with fries. Bartender was friendly and quick.  For the seats outside on the sidewalk, order at the bar and they provide you with the drinks and number for your table.  Great place to sit and people watch in The Rocks.

Date of visit: October 2018
ApplejackHospitality, Manager at Endeavour Tap Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Thank you for the awesome review! We're honoured we were your first lunch spot and so happy to hear you enjoyed everything, we love a spot of people watching!

See you next time, The Tap Rooms Team.