“Lazy with oodles of attitude”
Review of Bills Surry Hills

Bills Surry Hills
Ranked #190 of 6,144 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Description: Bills Surry Hills opened under the hotel on Crown Street in 1996. A great spot - since then, Surry Hills has transformed itself from a quiet rag-trade area of Sydney to the centre of the city's media and arts communities and its restaurant hot-spot. The open kitchen at bills Surry Hills is lively and fun all day: locals pick up their coffee or fresh juice on the way to work; friends chat over brunch; business lunches are held next to prams, backpacks and the occasional celebrity; and neighbourhood families drop in for an easy dinner.
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Bills had always conjured images of yummy food and good service - but that was in Darlinghurst and Surry Hills is obviously a world away.

After standing outside for an hour watching empty tables sit idle while staff contemplated whether they could be bothered inviting the next group to take a seat and a group of people sitting for an 30mins drinking water and the staff not offering them their bill I was ready to leave, but my friend was keen to wait and so we did....

When we finally got a table the waiter came to take our order: 'How would you like your eggs?' He asked. 'Poached' i replid. The waiter then said 'boiled or scrambled only' - WTF?

Bills in Surry Hills is over rated big time. Never again for me!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Darlinghurst people are much nicer. Here the staff have attitude and the man in charge on the weekend treats patrons as annoyances. When we tried to pay he said 'We don't split bills. Obviously.' Why the attitude? Just say no. Coffee great, my Bircher muesli was a little bland. Sometimes (when I was last at Darlinghurst) it was lovely. My friends hotcakes were delicious as are the corn frittatas.
This cafe has lasted the test of time. They just need an attitude adjustment. So many great cafe's around so they shouldn't rest on their laurels.

1  Thank love2travel1983
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hi. I love giving good reviews but in April I had breakfast here. Food was ok maybe expected too much but the the waiter was "outrageous", when he took our order for breakfast he faced each off us individually <4 guys> as if we were alone and said loudly with his face in the air "Order Pleeeezzee" then swung on his heel to the next off my party and after four Order pleeeezzzee orders then left for the kitchen, after eating everywhere in the world I have never ever has that happen, we are all laughing still and often go Order Please to each other at restaurants since. It was totally bizarre, and we had said not a word before to anyone, we had not offended anyone or had no issues with this place. That sort off attitude was astounding!! Not worth the wait!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had a late brunch with an old friend in this restaurant, table with a gentleman who was so generous to share his WIFI with me! The scrambled organic eggs with sourdough toast total made me satisfied coz the eggs was well cooked, tasted tender and light.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Breakfast menu is imaginative. Coffee blend is great. Staff are attentive. Breakfast is good if a touch expensive - but this is Sydney.