“poor offerings” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bills Surry Hills

Bills Surry Hills
Reserve with
Bills Surry Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 5,816 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Description: Bills Surry Hills opened under the hotel on Crown Street in 1996. A great spot - since then, Surry Hills has transformed itself from a quiet rag-trade area of Sydney to the centre of the city's media and arts communities and its restaurant hot-spot. The open kitchen at bills Surry Hills is lively and fun all day: locals pick up their coffee or fresh juice on the way to work; friends chat over brunch; business lunches are held next to prams, backpacks and the occasional celebrity; and neighbourhood families drop in for an easy dinner.
London, United Kingdom
“poor offerings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stumbled upon Bills whilst walking down Crown Street. Although pretty full i got a table quickly and service was brisk.
That said i found the waiters to be indifferent and the food pretty poor considering the hype. The restaurant was mostly full of tourists who had come for the fritters. I will not re-visit on future trips to Sydney.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Good simple fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Bill's Restaurant in Surry Hills is famous for it's scrambled eggs of all things. Breakfast diners on the weekends come here for this wonderful example of how scrambled eggs should be done. I know what you are thinking, scrambled eggs? Yes, if a Chef can not cook scrambled eggs properly, then they can't cook, end of story! There is plenty of other great food to be had here so do not despair. The food is simple, honest, fresh and oh so tasty.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NSW, Australia
“Great spot for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

A group of 5 of us visited for breakfast on new years day. There was a bit of a line but they clearned tables quickly and we didn't have to wait as long as I expected.

The food was good, the service ok, but the portions were on the small side for the price. It wasn't something I'd go out of my way for but would eat here again if I was in the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had the advantage of coming to this restaurant not knowing anything about it...We walked around Surrey Hills hungry and stumbled upon it. We had a great meal - simple and delicious. The calamari appetizer was fresh, my tuna dish was perfectly cooked and my partner's curry was amazing. The service was unpretentious and very attentive. The best meal I've had in my two weeks in Australia.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ruchei
Sydney, Australia
“long wait for average food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

the wait is ridiculous on a sunday morning for either brunch or lunch. We arrived at 11.15am and waited for 50 minutes- another 15 minutes after being seated to order and the food took another good 20 minutes to arrive. Service is non-existent. Waitress told me I was still able to order the breakfast menu after 12pm, when we sat down I wanted the brioche roll and was told you can't order after 12 because it belonged to the breakfast menu! Told the staff what waitress told me and this was passed onto management but NO THEY DON'T MAKE IT ANYMORE. So much for brunch- you can imagine my frustration.

Food was ordinary. Corn fritters were too oily and overpriced, and my coffee cooled way too quickly.
As for service- there was none.
Will not be returning! cheers.

• Visited December 2012