Oaks on Castlereagh
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$394
$137
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$240
$164
$158
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$216
$131
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
Agoda.com
$223
$202
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral stationthai towngreat locationone bedroom apartmentcapitol theatreclose to china towndarling harbourkitchen facilitieswashing machinegreat apartmentworld squaregood sizelight sleeperclose proximityfull kitchenbed was comfortableshort stay
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stay here for 4 nights in February 2012.
On arrival even though we rang and confirmed our 2 room, 5 people stay they still stuffed up the room and tryed to give us 1 bedroom for 3 people.
The room was not the best, a bit dirty and as for the city views I asked for....well...if you looked hard to your left you could see a few building and a crane. Our view was of other high rise hotels that were very close and all filled with long term tennants that liked to get dress without curtain pulled, loud drinking...just overall crap.
The shower was a total joke, spent more time adjusting the temp then in the water.
It was very loud, doors slamming, noise from other rooms. The bed was 2 singles pushed together in the main room and the sheets didn't fit.
On a good note it was big but thats about all I can say that was good.
For the cost I wont stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My kids and I booked and paid to stay at the Regis for 4 nights in January. We lasted 2 nights only. This is not a 5 star accommodation. It doesn't even deserve 1 star. Regis is student accommodation for foreign students. Even before we got to our room, a fellow holiday maker asked me whether we were just arriving and when I said yes, she told me to have a look at the room as they are dirty. I should have listened to her. My children walked into the room the first day and said' "Mum, this place is the pits". Firstly if the smell of the over powering air freshener doesn't kill you, then the lack of sleep from the constant trains and the constant doors slamming by students going in and out all night will kill you. The bed was dirty, stained with who know what! Security is a joke, they spend all night talking to the students in the lobby. The hall ways smells like a curry hut. Oh and if you stay at the Regis, you must love cold showers. Trying to have a hot shower is a joke especially if the person in the next room is constantly flushing their toilet. As I said we only lasted 2 nights, we moved to Meriton on Pitt st and all I can say is wow. Meriton is a definite 5 star establishment.
The only good thing I can say about the Regis, is that I got back my money for the 2 days I didn't stay but unfortunately I cannot get back the 2 days of my life that was wasted.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank mummybear67
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I purchased internet using the Wifi Now service available. I would not recommend doing this. It didn't work for most of the 24hours I had it activated and the service line wasn't staffed at night.

I spoke to a company representative the next day and was assured a refund would be in place later that day. It wasn't. I have since been given some interesting excuses by this same person over four weeks and now my calls aren't being answered or returned.

Although it was "only twenty bucks", I feel I was promised a refund only because it was thought I was a tourist and wouldn't be about to chase it up. I am resigned to no refund, however thought I would share my experiences about this seemingly insincere, poor internet provider.

We stayed here for four nights in December and it was ok. The location is excellent, near to everything in Sydney's CBD. The cooking facilities weren't fantastic and the spa and gym are VERY tired.

The place was clean enough, the room was quiet and the bed was comfy but overall it was a little rundown. The aircon was very poor and as the window wouldn't open the room was stuffy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdoptedSydneysider
Reviewed December 6, 2011

There was a bed bug infestation in the room we stayed in and both my partner & I got covered in horrible bites that itched for about 2 weeks after. I went straight down the next morning to reception and she immediately changed our room to the penthouse room for the next few nights, then we had to change rooms again to a smaller room. The rooms are newly painted and nicely furnished but the kitchen and bath were poorly cleaned & there was built up grime everywhere. Overall the location and rooms themselves are great but for the price you pay the rooms should be cleaned much more professionally.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tresvelas
Reviewed November 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a week in October. Central Sydney accommodation tends to be very expensive so we were glad to find we could get a deal on a studio apartment for £100 per night. As it turned out we got an upgrade to a 1 bed apartment for no extra cost which was great. We expected the worst after reading the reviews on this site! However, we were pleasantly surprised. The receptionists were helpful (especially the one who upgraded us!). The apartment was very spacious and was pretty well equipped. Yes, it’s true what some of the other reviews say that the carpets were a bit frayed and perhaps the apartment needed a bit of a face-lift, but it was perfectly adequate and very comfortable for us. We used the pool every day which was great especially since we seemed to be the only ones in the pool every time we went. The only downside was that there were building works going on while we were there so it was a bit noisy. However, the location was good... close to Central and just a few minutes’ walk to Hyde Park and George Street where you can get a free shuttle up to Circular Quay. It suited us well for the week we were in Sydney and I would recommend it as a decent place to stay which doesn’t cost a fortune.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple