“Amazing! ”
Review of Nour Sydney

Nour Sydney
Ranked #47 of 7,453 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Description: Nour is built on a dream of presenting classic Lebanese flavors in a fresh, exciting way. Who said falafel has to roll to the same old beat, meal after meal? Why does eggplant only get to hang out smashed with tahini? Don't you think the humble vine leaf deserves to encase a little mystery once in a while?At Nour we use an unrestricted approach to create food that is vibrant and bold, yet familiar
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

Amazing food & service - like no other restaurant in Sydney.
Standout dishes - octopus, calamari & Lebanese dumplings.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Lebanese food through a fine dining lens.

The food is superb - simply superb. I absolutely challenge you to find Octopus that is cooked better than this. Anywhere.

Aubergine roasted in an oven? Sounds meh? Think again - spoonfuls of creamy moorishnes served with freshly baked spiced flat bread.

Smoked goats loin ? Yep - tastes even better than it sounds.
Been to Spain and think croquets are the best fried thing ever? Pulled lamb encased in kataifi says ‘no’.

Ever wanted to go to a place where’s Chateau Musar was sold by the glass ? You and I have finally found it.

Finally, service. This dude named Carlo - if service gets better than this guy, then please let me know.

Watched him - run the bar, shake all the cocktails,make all the coffees, take our orders and clear our plates, serve the wine - and know more about the wine than most Somms. And, and - also chat and be warm and funny.

If I ever open a restaurant, I need two things to make it a success: That Octopus recipe and Carlo running the front of house.

Go to Nour, be happy.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

We ate here before a show at the Belvoir St Theatre. We chose a slow cooked dish that was said to serve two people, along with a couple of sides. When it arrived it was clear that it was meant to serve 2 super-models rather than people who actually eat a meal at dinner time. The sides were also tiny. Despite the tiny serves the food was absolutely delicious. At the conclusion of this pre-show meal, with a glass of wine plus sparkling water, the bill exceeded $100. I'm torn therefore between recommending the excellent food, and being appalled by the extortionate prices. If money is as of nothing to you I recommend unreservedly. However, if like me you would like some semblance of value for money, this is not your dinner venue.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed February 8, 2019

Nour is only a 10 minute walk from our home in Surry Hills. We are always looking for good local restaurants. Friday and Saturday nights are a problem for good restaurants in Sydney because of always being packed and high noise level. Our server was slow to greet us and bring anything except water to our table. The seating was very comfortable though we were seated next to a table of 8 young woman celebrating a birthday which meant most of them having to speak very loaudly because of the high noise level in the restaurant. The background music had a lot of base and set almost a dance party atmosphere. What a different atmosphere would be set by having Middle Eastern music! The food was excellent in the tasting menu we chose. We also ordered a somewhat reasonable bottle of wine. Our Canadian server was very personable when we asked her where she was from when we noticed her accent. The owner came by for a chat and was also very personable and a handsome young man. I Originally thought he was the best dressed of the servers because he was working on the floor the entire time we were there. Overall my partner enjoyed the experience more than I did. I prefer a quieter atmosphere and less pricey menu so this could be a weekly experience rather than a once in a while treat. The bill was about $250 for two of us ordering the more reasonable tasting menu and one of the cheapest white wines.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

We were two couples having dinner on a Saturday night in summer. We had the set menu and liked some of the dishes, including the fish, but found some a little underwhelming, like the lamb. The service was sensational and the food came quickly, but we didn’t feel rushed at all.

Date of visit: January 2019