“Two Good Eggs Rocks”

Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two Good Eggs Rocks”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Great Breakfast & Lunch, Good coffee. Decent value and big serves. Can be flat out on weekends but is worth the wait. Best Reuben in Sydney!

1 Thank PaulGrady

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“More like 'Two BAD Eggs'”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have frequented this cafe taking family and friends there for years, purely based on its location, not the food or service. The location is all this cafe has to offer. The service is poor and the food, is just tolerable. The two men that own/run this cafe are incredibly arrogant and rude. So much so they kicked me and my friend out on Sunday mid D and M just because they wanted the table, we had barely finished our breakfast. There is a certain way you ask people for their table in the service industry, such as 'excuse me ladies, is there anything else we can get for you?' IF the answer is no, then sure bring the bill, this is common sense and courtesy and the way you should do business. You do NOT come up to a table when the CUSTOMERS have barely finished their food, passively aggressively put the bill on the table and literally utter these words 'there's the bill, you need to leave, I need the table'. When we said we weren't finished and would like another coffee, the owner said 'I don't care, you can go somewhere else for that, I need the table'. In what world is this acceptable?! I then told the man that was very rude and that it is poor management on his part for taking the food order of waiting people when he didn't have a table. I always thought that it was the people waiting for a table that were the ones that waited or went somewhere else?! I also told him I was a regular and he simply said he didn't care while throwing his hands in my face! That I was to go somewhere else next time. I was gobsmacked! I could not believe it! I have never been treated with such disrespect in all my life. And for no reason except this man doesn't know how to manage people or a cafe. I strongly advise you to not ever go to this cafe. The food is rarely fresh and the hash browns taste like they are cooked with the fish. Do not be fooled by what seemingly appears to be a cute French cafe, you will be greatly disappointed upon entering. After this experience on Sunday, about 4 other tables left directly after my friend and I and came up to us and said they left because of how we were treated and they found it appalling. Even a French couple said to us, "You will NEVER be treated like that in France" and they were appalled the owner was giving their people this reputation. The review written by Icaruslanding2014 is obviously written by the aforementioned owner. Do not be fooled. Stay away. I will never return to this place and never want to after this recent experience. My family will never go back, they have never liked the place and only went when I wanted to.

• Visited April 2014
7 Thank Gabbagoo
Sydney, Australia
“Two Good Eggs is the standout cafe in cafe rich Surry Hills.”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Two Good Eggs is the standout cafe in cafe rich Surry Hills. Andrew and Laci the owner managers are charming hosts and the menu never dissapoints. Great coffee leading into one of the best breakfast menus in the neighbourhood. Dog friendly - there are tables outside overlooking nearby Harmony Park if you wish to experience the street life of arguably the best suburb in Australia with your furry friends.Can get busy on Saturday mornings so get in early and be willing to pass your table over to the next enthusiastic group wanting to share the love of this great little Surry Hills destination.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Icaruslanding2014
Tamworth, Australia
“Consistent, comfortable and good coffee”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place is just around the corner from where I usually stay in Sydney. I have always lucked upon a table and have not been disappointed with the food or price. It's not crazy-busy, nor is it crazy-noisy, it's a nice environment, it serves good food and good coffee. What more do you need?

• Visited March 2014
Sydney
“Most rude management I've ever experienced ”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here for a few years and my friend comes here very often. We generally really like the food and it's consistently a high standard. This morning we had only just finished our meals (and were about to order more coffees) when the manager came over with the bill and told us "we'd have to get moving" as they needed the table. We explained that we thought this wasn't fair and that we wanted to order more. He said there's nothing he could do as he'd allowed two people waiting to order food and coffees. We said we were regulars and we just needed a bit more time to catch up and have another coffee. He said he knew that but didn't care, and cleared the table. He said "next time why don't you go somewhere else?".

Then he started arguing and wouldn't let us speak- just taking at us with hand gestures right up in my friends' face. She was distraught and we both were shocked. We told him we thought he was being rude and unfair and he said he didn't care in the slightest, he just wanted us out.

We were really appalled to be treated like that- we honestly have NEVER seen such atrociously rude staff at a cafe. Other clientele were absolutely appalled and came up to us (knowing one of us is a journalist) and encouraged us to do a write up about the manner in which we were dealt.

We used to bring friends and family here for breakfast and lunch but we will never return nor bring anyone there. My friend particularly deserves an apology from the owner.

5 Thank MissMac616