“Great food but the pizza is so so and the Prosecco is rank.”
Review of Cafe Sopra - CLOSED

Cafe Sopra
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Inner South
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Seated really quickly (despite it being 8PM on a Friday and absolutely rammed) and we had the chicken liver pate to start which was delicious and the portion was generous too. I had the pizza (it didn't blow me away, if you want amazing pizza go to Devita in Manly) and my boyfriends cod, and our tiramasu dessert were both delicious.

The service was efficient and friendly and the place had a really nice vibe, so yeah this place is nice and I recommend it, but avoid the Prosecco. I love a bit of fizzy wine and this Prosecco is perhaps the worst I have ever tried - really cheap and nasty tasting. And at 52 dollars it just is not worth it!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ive eaten here more than a dozen times and never been dissappointed.
Be prepared to wait if you turn up at 12.30 -1.00 though but its not all bad news. We generally go straight up stairs to Sopra, put our name down and get an approximate wait time then go back downstairs and do some shopping in Fratelli Fresh their Grocery and Fruit store. Fresh Italian cheeses and great quality fruit veges bread and a plethora of imported Italian produce.Not the cheapest but the best quality does cost a little more.
Back to Sopra...the top floor of this large warehouse has been transformed into a no frills warehouse styled cafe. A large blackboard with the days menu displays the large variety of dishes available. Beautifully delicate zuccini flowers filled with a mixture of light Italian cheeses, Pastas with an assortment of great toppings. Dishes as light or as bold as you want. A good variety of Australian and Italian wines by the bottle or glass.
We always come for lunch and are always more than happy. Can be noisy but you expect that with such a busy place. Good service from knowledgable wait staff make this place one of our Sydney favourites

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've eaten at Cafe Sopra several times previously, prior to attending one of the nearby theatres. The no reservations house policy has always aggravated me, but my last visit was just that - my last. I arrived at 6.10pm (the cafe website states they only open at 6). All tables taken, ditto places at the bar, and the mob was queuing out the door. The door staff were polite and tried to be helpful, but it's difficult for them. All they could do was take names, and the cafe won't call you when (if?) a place becomes available. Not wanting to loiter in the forlorn hope of a feed, we decamped to the Bar At the End of the Wharf (that's what it's called) at the Sydney Theatre Company opposite. The food was not on a par with Sopra, but at least we got some. Give it a miss unless you're a masochist.

1  Thank Fell0w_Traveller49
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Brought family for celebratory breakfast. Apart from the deafening noise it was disappointing to wait 20 mins for the menus and more than an hour for any food.
I hate it when fresh orange juice isn't fresh.When it arrived the food was tasty. Frittata with goat cheese and basil needed the sides of bacon , tomatoes and mushrooms to satisfy the men at the table. Seriously guys the Baked rhubarb and raspberry could was tricky to eat with a fork !
The bill for 5 people was $156
I won't be coming back in a hurry.

2  Thank judef
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've been going there for years - love the one in Potts Point too. Every time it never disappoints. Gorgeous food, surrounded by the most attractive fruit and vegetables in Sydney.