“One of the best places in Sydney”
Review of The Establishment

The Establishment
Ranked #388 of 5,891 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Thai, Australian, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Classic elegance meets a pitch-perfect party atmosphere at the ground floor Establishment Bar. Flanked by lines of magnificent iron columns and a 42-metre-long marble bar centrepiece, the former George Patterson House retains much of its formal glory. A space packed with heritage features that make this historic venue a unique place to enjoy a drink. Quick bar service, an experienced staff and a multi-award winner all add up to a true Sydney icon. Step inside for a cool drink, a light snack, or a delicious meal from our extensive bistro and Thai menu.
Gold Coast, Australia
“One of the best places in Sydney”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

A friend of mine took me to this place the last time I was in Sydney.
Food was amazing. The staff were above excellent. And I should know....I have been managing hotels and restrauants on the gold coast for 28 years....
Do yourself a favour, next time you're in Sydney.....treat yourself and go to the Establishment...
You won't regret it......

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I went there with my partner last week end. Great service and excellent food and drinks. Can't wait to go back.

“Lunch with colleagues”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went during work lunch time with a couple of colleagues, as we work in Wynyard and it's pretty close by. Loved the decorations and interior, the ambience felt pretty nice. Food was served reasonably quick, however I thought the prices were a little bit on the high end. For city prices I guess this is what you get. Was quite surprised the place was pretty packed even on a lunch time, and overall a very nice place for friends to catch up. Enjoyed it.

“Great service”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I think overall the experience was great, they were prompt, professional, friendly and attentive. Bit overpriced compared to others but location wise its understandable. Would go back there.

• Visited June 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Up & Go”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My friends and I came here for breakfast on a Friday morning and while I thought the food was a tad overpriced for what it was (sides are all $5.50 and I chose avocado and bacon) it was a nice place to meet up and have a few strong coffees. We watched the winter rain through the glass ceiling in one of my (now) most favourite architecturally-designed spaces. The staff were lovely and friendly, plus the food was delicious.