“I go there for the ricotta hotcakes!”
Review of Lumiere Cafe

Lumiere Cafe
Ranked #555 of 6,519 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Description: All Day Breakfast and Brunch in a great Surry Hills location .A choice of internal or external seating . Wheelchair and Family friendly .We are also Licenced. Pets and Kids welcome. Free 1 Hour parking on site.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

great breakfast, the ricotta hotcakes are the best I've ever had. Service is ok, they don't really pay close attention to when you're looking to order. the amazing breakfast menu is worth it though.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Love popping in here to one of my favourite local haunts for a great coffee or lunch after a trip to my hairdresser nearby. Coffee is always good and the service is second to none. LOVE the baby chino, hot chocolate and pastry for the little people too. The salads for lunch are a hit with me, especially when I am trying to "be good"!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Attended at breakfast on a Sunday and found the service very good. Although I only had coffee it appeared to be a very popular breakfast spot with both internal and extenal seating. Will go for breakfast when in area again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Despite being in a good location and serving good food, the poor attitude of the staff really lets this place down.
It feels like all the waiters/waitresses would rather be somewhere else.
Surry hills has lots of great cafes, this isn't one if them.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Never again, not only is the food & coffee average and prices high but the service is just appalling & the staff rude and not very helpful. The owner herself is the rudest of them all so I guess they are just following her example. Have moved on and so have my friends. Plenty of great cafes in Surry Hills, give this one a miss.

andrewp145, Owner at Lumiere Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We appreciate all comments on our Cafe and appreciate the positives and not so positives.However,your comments regarding the staff and in particular my manager require me as the owner to investigate further.I welcome you to elaborate further on your comments and detail specifically what you found so rude and appalling. I can then review the recordings from that day to deal with my staff accordingly.