“Very Average”

Ranked #489 of 6,032 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Surry Hills
Description: All Day Breakfast and Brunch in a great Surry Hills location .A choice of internal or external seating . Wheelchair and Family friendly .We are also Licenced. Pets and Kids welcome. Free 1 Hour parking on site.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Never again, not only is the food & coffee average and prices high but the service is just appalling & the staff rude and not very helpful. The owner herself is the rudest of them all so I guess they are just following her example. Have moved on and so have my friends. Plenty of great cafes in Surry Hills, give this one a miss.

andrewp145, Owner at Lumiere Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We appreciate all comments on our Cafe and appreciate the positives and not so positives.However,your comments regarding the staff and in particular my manager require me as the owner to investigate further.I welcome you to elaborate further on your comments and detail specifically what you found so rude and appalling. I can then review the recordings from that day to deal with my staff accordingly.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We all ate excellent eggs benedict with different accompaniments. Excellent fresh juice too. Sat outside, surrounded by a rather openly trendy crowd, but no harm in that I guess. Swift service and swanky fodder. Bonza!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great place to sit and enjoy watching the world go by while eating some genuinely fantastic food. Someone commented about the staff being rude which is nonsense, they were fine and catered to our every need. You pay the same price for some really mediocre food elsewhere in Sydney so it is great value. I'll definitely be back, thank you!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a great choice for a wonderful breakfast. We arrived pretty early (9:30 or so) on a Sunday morning to avoid the lines we’d heard about and were seated at once. There were still open tables when we left about an hour later. The café is not large with seating along a curved wall of windows as well as outside. True to its name, it is bright and sunny.

Members of our group had baked eggs (ok), eggs Benedict with prosciutto (very good), and muesli, yoghurt with berries (outstanding). Often cereals like that are heavy, but this was the right combination of flavor and texture. The coffee was fantastic.

The wait staff is friendly and service was excellent. This restaurant is in Surry Hills, a 15-minute cab ride from Central Station. The cab cost us about $10.00 each way.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Swung by here with a friend while visiting Sydney last week and was super impressed. I got a latte (delicious, and the foam came in the shape of a whiskered cat, which impressed me) followed by the steak sandwich. The sandwich was fantastic- simple ingredients and just plain delicious. My friend had the wagyu burger and said it was excellent. I'm completely blanking on the dessert we got (and why doesn't their website have a menu??) but I remember it being fantastic. Oh, well.

We sat indoors. I wish it had been a beautiful day when the front sections of the cafe are opened up and there's a nice blur of indoors/outdoors.