Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 AM

Recommended experiences in and around Sydney
from $68.33
from $153.75
from $384.15
from $61.64
More Info
All reviews blue mountains tour our tour guide three sisters great guide ferry ride visiting sydney sydney harbour company koalas scenery australia trees petting
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pick up was at the hotel, however a better use of everyone's time would have4 us meet at a central place. Had trouble finding 2 of the guests which wasted 30 mins.
Unofrtunately we were in the Blue Mountains when the fires were nearby, so we could not get a good view of the 3 sisters. The cable car ride is amazing in spite of the limited visability.
Featherdale Wildlife was the highlight for me. I had never seen so many koalas and they were even awake!
Ride back to Sydney by boat was a nice way to unwind. I very long and exciting day.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 3, 2020

Great tour through the Blue Mountains and more! Really felt like we got a lot of bang for our buck! Intelligent and funny guide that taught us a lot about Australia. Well worth the money.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 17, 2019

David our guide turned up at the exact time as emailed and trip started dead in 8 am.He was a great entertainer and really well versed in the history and geography of the region. He chatted to us the whole day and was eloquent and amusing passionate about this subject.
Making the travel time fly by.
First stop the Zoo
Lovely little place full of indigenous animals and birds many I have not seen before in UK
Time spent was ample for a whistle stop tour but personally another half hour would have been better as we did not get to all of the exhibits.
Seeing the close up was amazing we queued to have a photo and had to wait for the animal to be changed (he had done with us ).That took some time.
There is a cafe and shop there but we did not have time to go there ourselves.
Back in the bus and into the mountains.
Unfortunately there was a lot of smoke making our meal stop a bit uncomfortable.
The sisters rock and other land marks were hard to see due to the smoke but once we arrived at the Scenic World it was a bit clearer there.
There was a additional price for the rides but well worth it.
Not all the park was open but it did not detract from the time we spent there it allowed more time for the rides which were amazing. Being able to ride all day makes it a great place to go to.
More sight seeing On the way back reinforced the horror of the bush fires seeing some of the damage of this years fire but also seeing regeneration from previous years.
A quick trip around the Olympic park where we were shown the legacy of their Olympic games and onto the boat.
Unfortunately we just missed the boat but took the next one 40 mins later which was a fast one which I found the speed really exciting.I think this was the best organised trip I have been on

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Scowp
Reviewed November 23, 2019

To get the maximum out of this tour you need a bit of luck, both with the weather and with the rest of your group. Sadly, the fog was too thick for us to see more than 10 meters ahead of us for the majority of the morning, so we ran past several lookouts because there wouldn't have been a lot to look at, so we didn't get to see the three sisters. When we reached scenic world, which I had pre-paid for with the gold upgrade, nobody else wanted to go in, and not wanting the entire bus to wait just for me I felt pressured to accept the offer of refunding the money for the scenic world ticket to not hold everyone back. Because we had skipped a couple of stops in the morning we were ahead of schedule when we reached Featherdale wildlife park. Dave, the driver, let the group vote on weather to stay there for an additional hour or take an earlier ferry. That's the "cruise" part of the tour, just one of the ordinary ferries, but the ride down Parramatta river is beautiful regardless. Unfortunately I was the only one who voted for the former, so due to majority vote the tour was cut short by one hour. They say you should marry someone who likes to leave parties at the same time you do, this is true for tours as well - if everyone in the group agree on which/ how long to do the activities for you will have a better experience rather than feeling like you are missing out on stuff you've already paid for anyway. Not a lot the tour company can do about the weather conditions or group constellations, but these are factors that naturally will impact your trip. On the plus side, Dave offered interesting and humorous commentary along the way and with the right group on the right day I'm sure it would've been an amazing experience as there are lots of fascinating stops along the way. I would recommend not booking the gold upgrade and rather buying a ticket to scenic world once you're there should you want to do it.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 23, 2019

This was an easy to tour from start to finish. Easy payment, on time pick up. Schedule was as promised. Tour had a bit of everything. The wildlife park was really nice and I got to see my first koala bear. My boyfriend was also over the moon to see the cute bears.

Date of experience: November 2019