“Average food, lively atmosphere”
Review of Pendolino

Pendolino
Ranked #50 of 5,994 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is an attractive restaurant with very dimmed lighting and professionally correct service. However our dinner was extremely expensive by Sydney standards and we found the food to be very average. it was far too fancy in presentation, basic ingredients were lost in rich sauces and too many different flavours were mixed together at the same time - sometimes creatng conflicts of taste which we found quite unpleasant. We have dined a lot in Italy and love Italian food, so were very disappointed.. Maybe their pasta is excellent but we did not order this. We were unimpressed and will not return here..

There are newer reviews for Pendolino

Reviewed February 7, 2014

A very busy restaurant. The food was outstanding and it felt like I had stepped back to Italy. Like must restaurants in Italy, the service is at a leisurely pace. Not a fast food restaurant. It was during the lunch hour so it was filled.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is really one of the better Italian restaurants I had the pleasure to eat. My wife and I had only six days in Australia and after having spent our second evening at this restaurant we decided to spend our last evening in Sydney in this restaurant again. I guess that best describes the very nice total experience in this restaurant.
Staff is really nice but in this very specific Italian way, let's say very proud. The wine-waiter made us some great recommendations and the food was without any doubt really good. All in all, in for a fine Italian dining experience in Sydney? This is the place to be!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

As a full blooded Italian I am always concerned about going to Italian restaurants because they just never quite stack up to mum's cooking - well I'm a convert - My Pendolino experience was absolutely divine - I recommend all Italians and their friends spend an evening in the exquisite establishment called Pendolino - food, wine, service and atmosphere is the best!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My chef wife and I are restraunteurs and whenever we are in Sydney we make a point of lunching at Pendolinos. The cafe outside is cheaper than dining in the main room but every bit as delicious. Attention to fine detail in food and service is the hallmark of any great venue. This is one of them! Do go and enjoy.