“These folks really took care of us” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Australian Wildlife 4WD Tour from Sydney
Ranked #13 of 89 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're looking for something personalised, flexible and unique, then welcome to Boutique Tours Australia! Our multi award-winning, small-group tours are designed to get you away from the tourist traps, and immerse you in authentic experiences - showing you the very best of Australia, on Sydney's doorstep. From our wine tours visiting the boutique wineries of the Hunter Valley, to our exceptional wildlife tours which take you into the bush to see Australia's "Big 5" in the wild. In the Blue Mountains we stay away from the crowds to show you the beauty and solitude of this World Heritage-listed wilderness area. Luxury vehicles and enthusiastic, informative guides create a tailored, real experience. Boutique Wine Tours - our focus on the smaller, boutique wineries of the Hunter Valley ensures a personalised, relaxed feel as we meet the winemakers and winery owners themselves. We vary our itinerary daily, depending on the preferences of our small group of travellers, while flexible lunch options allow you to join us for a fabulous two course gourmet meal, a quick, tasty cafe lunch, or to do your own thing. Winner, Best Tour Hunter Valley four times! Boutique Wildlife Tours - travel to the stunning bushland of the Southern Highlands, just 90 minutes from Sydney, to see Australia's iconic wildlife in the wild - kangaroos, koalas, platypus, emus, wombats and a whole lot more. This afternoon / evening tour includes lunch or afternoon tea (seasonal variations), plus dinner in one of Australia's oldest pubs, before night-spotting in the Australian Bush. Boutique Mountain Tours - get away from the crowds and see the world famous Blue Mountains as they should be seen - from remote lookouts and peaceful bush walks. A focus on Aboriginal culture provides insight into this fascinating ancient culture, with lunch in the quaint mountains town of Leura, and return by stunning Harbour cruise. Small groups only, limited seats so please book early to avoid disappointment! Winner of numerous Tourism Awards, including Best Tour Operator in NSW. Please - come join us!
Edgerton, Kansas
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“These folks really took care of us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Our tour was booked months in advance by our travel agent. We were Picked up at our hotel exactly on time. The guide and driver introduced all us on the tour, only 8. We were on a wine tasting tour of vineyards in the Hunter Valley near Sydney. The coach was clean and comfortable and the driver made comfort stops as necessary. We stopped at 3 vineyards and tasted wine at each. The staff was always expecting us and our group was exclusively attended to. The country was beautiful and our guide was excellent. I would highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gary D
Annalise A, Owner at Boutique Tours Australia, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thanks for letting everyone know you enjoyed your tour Gary, and we're so delighted that you did. Great to hear that it all went smoothly so you had the chance to relax and enjoy your day.

Come see us again some time!

• Korean first
Glenn Dale, MD
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A Great Tour And A Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I was prepared to be angry when they called up and wanted to switch my tour of the Blue Mountains to the next day. After all, I had planned my schedule around this tour (to a certain degree).

However, the tour and the tour guide more than made up for it.

We were picked up on time and after picking up two other people (one of whom was a fellow Rotarian in Sydney for the same convention) we were off to the Blue Mountains.

Howard, our guide, was an amazing source of knowledge and an extremely personable guy to be with for an entire day. Lots of driving but he knew where he was going and knew the history of the places we were going along with nice personal anecdotes.

The stopover for coffee and snacks and then lunch in a local cafe made for a great way to break up the day.

It was just a fantastic experience all the way around and I would heartily recommend Boutique when you're in Australia.

Visited June 2014
Annalise A, Owner at Boutique Tours Australia, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us, and so glad you enjoyed your day so much. Thanks for being honest also about having to re-schedule your tour. This is something that I'm pleased to say happens very, very rarely, but in the Sydney winter season we'll very occasionally be faced with the rare prospect of having just 1 or 2 people booked on. In this case, we'll hopefully (in order of preference) move you to a day that suits, offer another of our tours as an alternative, recommend another trusted operator, or refund you. I'm so glad you had another day free.

Thanks for letting Howard know you enjoyed the tour so much - we make sure all the guides see your great comments, so please keep them coming!

And thanks to you, and your 20,000 or so Rotarian friends who have visited us in Sydney this week!

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An amazing day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Having 8 hours only free on my trip to Sydney on business I gave Boutique Tours my wish list of what Id like to see and do and they arranged the most amazing day which ticked all the boxes. Steve was the best of companiions for my day. An absolute mine of information on all subjects Aussie as well as excellent company, he gave me a walking tour of the city centre with basic Sydney history before we embarked on the first of our harbour trips across to Taronga Zoo. Steve left me in the capable hands of keepersTim and Paul who gave me a wonderful 2 hour behind the scenes tour including the Bilby exhibit opened recently by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and baby Prince George. I was able to give George the Royal Bilby a mealworm! Then it was back across the bay for lunch at Doyles fish restaurant overlooking the water at Watson's Bay. Delicious. Final trip back to Circular Quay to have a tour of the Opera House and a stroll back to central Sydney with a last visit to the map in the floor at the Customs House. Everything ran to time and was beautifully organised. Steve even found me an antiquarian map shop which had just what I wanted. I cant praise Boutique Tours highly enough and I will certainly be back to tour with them again. Thanks so much.

Visited May 2014
Julia, thank you so much for telling people about your day. Julia took one of our private, tailormade Bespoke Tours, and the girls in the office had great fun putting together something that was authentic, personalised and FUN for you, so I'm really glad that you enjoyed it so much.

I agree that Steve is a fabulous companion and a source of amazing knowledge. So glad he helped you get the most out of your short time to play.

Please come back and travel with us again Julia - we'd love to show you even more of our gorgeous city.

Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great service and guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We joined the Saturday Hunter Valley tour with Keith as our guide. He was an all-round brilliant host - friendly, knowledgeable, considerate and shared plenty of stories and jokes throughout the trip.
While I personally wasn't a big fan of the majority of wines we tasted that day, I can't fault the genuine service we received at all three wineries. It was great to see the passion and pride that the winery staff had for their products. Ended up with two bottles of beautiful dessert wines.
We also stopped by the Smelly Cheese Shop and it was a treat to taste the variety of cheeses. Highly recommend the mild creamy blue. For what it's worth, the Tempus Two store was much larger than the other location near the Jams.
Big thanks again to Keith and Boutique Tours for an enjoyable day out to Hunter Valley (also to Lindsay (?) on the phone who was a breeze to deal with for trip details and pickup locations).
We left with a big smile and would not hesitate to recommend this tour.

Visited May 2014
Thank you Lin T, and a big sing-out to Keith for his always-fabulous guiding, and to Courtney in our office for helping look after you well.

So glad you enjoyed the day, though sorry we didn't find more wines to suit your palate. Thank goodness for dessert wines!

Thanks also for pointing out the passion and pride of the winery staff - it makes an enormous difference when you visit the boutique wineries, when that passion is on display day to day.

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Annalise - Owner, Boutique Tours Australia
“A tour of small wineries with Keith, a great guide who is a storehouse of history, assorted interesting facts, folklore and joke”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The "one sentence" says it all. Keith's knowledge of the wine country and our winery hosts put us all at ease and in good spirits

Visited May 2014
Annalise A, Owner at Boutique Tours Australia, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Indeed, one sentence does say it all, so I'll try the same...

Thanks so much for taking the time to let others know you had such a great time, and for letting Keith know how much he's appreciated!

Cheers,