“Nice place to stay!”

Holiday Lodge Hotel
Ranked #169 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The receptionist Sally was very helpful and tries to get out her way for the satisfaction of
the clients.Maybe noisy sometimes, but well this is a budget accomodation.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Henry S
There are newer reviews for Holiday Lodge Hotel

Reviewed September 19, 2011

We spent 3 nights. We were told rooms were fully booked and to 'go away'. Wouldn't even look at our booking receipt, talked to us only through the intercom system and were extremely rude. Even refused to help us find anywhere else.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank Nina J
Reviewed September 19, 2011

In all honesty, my experiences at the Holiday Lodge Hotel in Potts Point has not only left me disgusted and repulsed, i have been scarred for life. Utter filth! And im not just talking about whats behind the reception desk. The lady at reception named SALLY was ghastly and unprofessional to say the very least. We were asked to leave a 150 security bond which was never mentioned in the confirmation email. The room was revolting - holes in the walls - tv did not work - bathroom was rancid. I was appalled at the bedding as there was 1 sheet on the bed - no quilts whatsoever - what little sheets we had were unsanitary. The email said checkout BEFORE 10.00am, although sally didn’t show her face until well after that time. My guests and I were forced to leave due to the fact we couldn’t wait around for Sally to stroll in whenever is suited her. We had to call Sally numerous times and were told to leave both sets of keys on the back of the door and she would deposit the 150 back into my account. When I arrived home, Sally called to say id only left one set of keys and would not be getting my bond back. Sally is liar, a thief and personally I think she is deranged. All I can say is DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE DISGUSTED, ROBBED AND TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank meganjh_11
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This place is disgusting. The workers are so dodgy and will steal your money. I cannot even describe how unproffesional they are. It is dirty, smelly and should be knocked down. i would rather stay in a jail cell! i was disgusted and strongly recommend for no one to stay there otherwise you will be extremely disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank nukeynat21
Reviewed September 8, 2011

No staff on duty when we arrived at about 9.30am
Smelly corridors (like insect repellant)
Staff member requested 150 dollars deposit for room key (he didn't get it!)
Very run down outside and inside and not as it looks on website

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank G K
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Everything about this experience was negative. The staff were incompetent. Despite paying for specific bedding requirements, the staff presented a quaint bunk bed and trundle bed configuration which was exactly the point of my paying an additional cost, which was not refunded. There was no tv reception. This "hotel" was the worst, most delapidated, ramshackled, eye-sore I have ever had the misfortune of staying in. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank james m
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The beds are riddled with bed bugs, there were old cigarette butts and dirty tissues on the floor in our room.
the lady who runs the place was unhelpful, dismissive and rude at the best of times.
The television did not work.
there are termites that have eaten away the majority of the skirting board around the room
the sheets had not been changed on one of the beds from the last people that stayed, probably the reason for the bed bugs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends