BreakFree on George
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$192
$241
$205
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$118
$195
$182
Agoda.com
2,262 results
All reviewsgeorge streetbreak free on georgecapitol theatredarling harbourgreat locationsussex stcentral stationpaddy's marketlight railclose to china townsmall kitchenettestudio roomgood sizeshort stayreception staffpublic transportmin walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Place had great location and reception staff very friendly. Room was not clean. We had a 2 bedroom apartment (1705) and it was not clean. There was rubbish under the coffee table when we moved it, there was hair in the bathrooms. The kitchen cupboards were covered down the front of them with obvious visible dirt and oil. We mentioned it to reception who said housekeeping would take care of this. Well that was pie in the sky, from what we could see housekeeping only make the beds and give you new towels! The rubbish was not emptied and not even the bench tops were wiped over. The rubbish from under the coffee table was still there. The glass must not be double glazed since you can hear everyword spoken if someone is on their balcony. The master room stank in wafts of cigarette smoke. The aircon vents are literally clogged with dust and the windows are filthy. I took heart in knowing (or hoping) the sheets and bedding were clean - they appeared to be. We come for business every 2 months and this is certainly not the kind of place business people did or would enjoy. Unfortunately when we booked it was left too late and it was the only 2 bedroom apartment available in the vicinity we required. Like I said the location is really good and if you're on a budget and don't mind things being grubby then no problem. Hey and if you are staying in a self contained apartment and want to cook anything - you have to request pots and pans from reception! More than a little odd and inconvenient. All in all the place needs a really good scrub and a revamp. Needing a revamp is forgivable.. being dirty is not. Not sure what star rating this place is touted as but it appears tripadvisor has it as a 4... not sure how that was determined.. I would give it a 2.5 maybe a 3 at a pinch. Good to see the GM has taken the time to respond to reviews left on here though. I think that's a pretty cool move.

Room Tip: Good location - Ok budget accom.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Graysyn
NathanQuinlan, General Manager at BreakFree on George, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank you for passing on your impressions from your stay at BreakFree on George.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to bringing this to my attention and pass on some valuable feedback. I am naturally disappointed to hear about the housekeeping service issues. Please do accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience and disappointment caused.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is a vital tool in identifying our performance levels, especially from a guest's point of view, and I really appreciate you taking the time to make these comments.

While unable to prevent the disappointment of your stay, I do hope we are given the opportunity to host you again when next in Sydney.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights in June we requested 3 single beds and to our delight we got them. The position is excellent walk to central train station,paddys market,china town,tram etc. What really impressed me was the front desk staff nothing was too much trouble. The cleaners were so so in that we got 1 face washer and 1 hand towel for clearly 3 guests. We tried to do the right thing by only putting face washer and hand towel in bath to be replaced but still had all the towel's replaced each day. Yes you can hear the noise from the street but you are in the heart of Sydney and it certainly didn't stop us from sleeping.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank BERYL W

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your stay at BreakFree on George Hotel.

I am naturally delighted that you enjoyed your stay and especially appreciate the comments on the helpful staff service. I will be passing these on to them. Sorry about the towelling issues, I have passed this feedback onto housekeeping.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is a vital tool in identifying our performance levels and maintaining quality standards, especially from a guest's point of view, and I really appreciate you taking the time to make these comments.

Thank you again, I look forward to welcoming you back to the BreakFree on George Hotel soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We arrived early but were given a room straight away which was appreciated especially with a child. It was a little smaller than I thought it would be but tidy and fairly modern. The only grizzle I would have is the staff weren't very knowledgeable about the area and they couldn't seem to get it right when it came to putting the correct amount of towels in our room - small niggle I realize but very annoying after a long flight and long day sightseeing when you want to freshen up and have to wait for towels. The rooms were also not serviced properly as the bath remained dirty for the 3 days we were there (other than the rough soap clean I did) There is a monorail station just round the corner down from Paddys Market (which is overpriced) and i strongly recommend that if you are going further into Sydney to Darling Harbor.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Emsmum10

I am disappointed to read your comments the towelling and cleanliness of the bath. I do apologise for the inconvenience

I do hope we are given the opportunity to host you again when next in Sydney.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed there for 3 nights in a one-studio apartment. Paid for 2 nights, 3rd night free through travelonline. Not too happy about it. Kitchenette was too small. Sink occupied half of the space. There was barely room to prepare the food. And there was no place to put the dishes to dry. Bathroom was handicap-friendly. However, it was a bit of a problem for us as there was no solid "wall" separating the shower area, which means the floor was flat. So after taking a shower, even the bathroom floor will be very wet. Another thing was housekeeping. They don't wash the dishes you use. They just leave it there. You have to wash everything yourself!
The best thing about this hotel was the location. You can walk to Paddy's Market, Market City and Darling Harbour. It's just a short distance away.
We checked out at 5am, and there was nobody at the reception. We had to wait 10 minutes before someone came down to assist us.
Tip: Bring your own toothbrush set. Only shampoo/body wash/lotion were provided. Nearest supermarket is Thai Kee/IGA in Market City which is just around the corner. (Do not ask reception. They will tell you the nearest is Coles, which is more than 3 blocks away).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your impression from your stay at BreakFree on George.

Your feedback is a vital tool in identifying our performance levels and the areas that need improvement, especially from a guest's point of view, and I appreciate you taking the time to make these assessments and comments.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Got a $125 a night with buffet breakfast deal off Getaway.(Aussie tv travel show). Was going to casino for a show and this place is very handy.Close to the light rail tram that goes to casino/theatre front door. Room and hotel location were very good,service fine but buffet breakfast (which luckily i didnt pay the $13.50 a head for) was pretty poor.Continental stuff( juice,coffee,cereal toast was good but hot food, bacon saus,eggs,hash browns were only just warm).I was in a hurry to catch a train that morning or I probably would have commented to management on poor hot buffet status. Overall, the good location and great value I got, was well worth it.

Room Tip: wait for specials
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple