“Blue Mountains and so much more :)”

Activity Tours Australia
Book In Advance
More Info
$103.90*
and up
Small-Group Blue Mountains Day Trip from Sydney with River Cruise
Ranked #44 of 341 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Silver Award in 2011 NSW State Tourism Awards!Award Winner Hunter Valley tourism awards 2010 and 2011!Finalist Blue Mountains Tourism awards 2010 and 2011!Family owned small group Sydney day tours to the Hunter Valley wine region and the spectacular Blue Mountains National Park. See Koalas, Kangaroos and the amazing Three Sisters. Savour many different wine varieties. Great value and friendly small group tours and now also fantastic half day Sydney Sights tours.Groups and tailored charters are our specialty. Visit the website for your complete needs.
Durham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Blue Mountains and so much more :)”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I took the one day Blue Mountains trip in August 2010.

As a single traveller on my first (brief) visit to Sydney I wanted to get the opportunity to visit as much as I could during my stay and was unsure about using a tour company to do this due to time and money. However I found the whole experience excellent and would definatley reccomend to others (in fact i allready have)

To begin with I was collected from my hotel even though it wasn't on the pick up list and we returned via ferry which gave an interesting evening approach to Sydney Harbour.

The tour guide Steve was very welcoming from the start and ensured all the group felt included. He gave commentary through out the trip, bought tickets in advance so we could beat queing, recommended a selection of places to eat and the best places to stand to get the perfect photo views. He's passionate about his job and the experience you get.

The day packed so much in and gave a great overview with fantastic views, animals, people, places and transport. With limited time in Sydney and so much choice over what you can see and do i personally felt that this gave you a mixture of it all.

3 Thank tickle78

Auckland Region, New Zealand
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“If you're going to do one tour in a day choose this one!”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

My one day tour to the Blue Mountains with Activity Tours was a real highlight. Our guide Steve was charming, knowledgeable and professional. Basically in 10 hours I wouldn't have believed it was possible to see so much, do so much and learn so much while relaxing and having fun. Quite Outstanding and I have no hesitation recommending it to anyone.

1 Thank Epitwee
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Hunter Valley Tour a disappointment”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I was initially disturbed when we first stopped at a service station (with a McDonalds, among a couple of other restaurants) and our tour guide was rude to a fellow traveller who was interested in adding the Blue Mountain tour. This fellow traveller's first language was not English and Steve berated him and was condescending to him because the only thing the guide was interested in was receiving payment for the current day's tour. He was
not about to answer any questions regarding other tours, and told the customer to "hurry up and get the wallet out" because everyone was waiting for him. I continued to be disturbed when we visited the wineries and were told that we should buy wine, otherwise they might not give the guide his discount. Given the fact that I paid nearly $100 to take this tour, I would think that I would be made to feel comfortable to buy wine if I felt it was
worth buying. In one of the wineries, I asked a question about wine they suggested be served cold. I am not uneducated. I have taken several wine tasting courses. The guide interrupted the oenophile at the winery to tell me that were I to drink this wine at room temperature, it would be like drinking " a can of warm coke." The day went on to include the guide honking at a fellow traveller who was walking back to the bust at 1:50 when we were told to arrive at 1:55 (he also told this lady's husband to tell his wife to hurry up). On the return to Sydney, the guide read the newspaper on the freeway, hitting the rumble
strip several times along the way. He did not point out anything of interest along the way. Overall, I was appalled by the tour. I took a couple of other tours while I was in Australia, and generally do not complain about my experiences. I would never recommend this tour to anyone based on my experience.

Further to this, when I contacted the tour company regarding my concerns with the tour, they took no ownership for the problem I encountered. They said that I must not appreciate humour, and made excuses for the guide's behaviour.

2 Thank robjay2
ActivityManager, Owner at Activity Tours Australia, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Firstly, sincere apologies to robjay2 from the company owners and tour guide for the issues which caused him not to enjoy his day tour.
Very few passengers bring negative items to our attention and as a small family-owned company we appreciate all balanced and constructive feedback so that we can improve our tour itineraries and experiences, and so that other future passengers can make their own assessment of the overall positive and negative experiences in deciding on the best tour for them.
Our guide Steve, has many favourable reviews here in TripAdvisor and he was horrified when we showed him the feedback and talked through in detail each item of the day and how they had negatively impacted the tour experiences of robjay2. Steve is very experienced and knowledgeable, and several of the items raised are part of his Steve's regular commentary because they are generally received very well by most travellers. However, no matter how well intentioned by Steve, this clearly did not add to the enjoyment of robjay2 on the day, and this commentary and approach is being reviewed for the future.
We travel directly from Sydney to the Hunter Valley and the first stop is usually for a quick coffee and bathroom break after which the guide will collect payment for the day as passengers return to the bus. Throughout the day, it is important to keep the group moving in order to maximise the wine and cheese tasting time and this stop is the first good opportunity to lightheartedly ask passengers to try to be on time and consider their fellow passengers. Other gestures such as tooting the horn while waiting for the last passengers to return to the bus and shutting the door to pretend to drive off, are intended as gentle reminders at other times of the day.
Guides such as Steve have conducted many hundreds of tours to the Hunter Valley, and have picked up lots of interesting information from the wine experts which they like to share with the group to enhance the experience. They also encourage the group to purchase wine if they like it because the boutique wineries generally do not distribute outside of the Hunter Valley so it may not be available elsewhere. We also need to remember that this is the reason why the cellar doors offer wine tasting to visitors and we are not able to return to the wineries a second time on the day for later purchases.
The return trip to Sydney takes several hours and can seem like a long one after a day of wine tasting. From experience, the tour guide will assess the level of energy and interest in the group and adjust their level of commentary accordingly. Regular driver monitoring is part of tour operator accreditation with the NSW Department of Transport and Infrastructure and at no stage has there been any risk to the safety of passengers on the tour from Steve's driving.
Activity Tours recently was a Gold Winner in the 2010 Hunter Valley regional tourism awards. We have addressed those areas of feedback from robjay2 which we can, and ask that all of those deciding whether to travel with Activity Tours in future take into account the whole range of reviews and experiences to avoid missing out on a great Hunter Valley tour.
Sincerely
The Owners, Activity Tours Australia
Bombay
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Blue mountains tour was a day well spent !!”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We booked Blue Mountains tour through activity tours website. We were visiting Sydney from India. We had only 2 days in Sydney. We had heard a lot about blue mountains and that it is a must visit. So, we booked it. The reason for booking it through activity tours was that we didnt have to pay using credit card. We could pay them during our trip. And these guys charged less as compared to other tour operators.

Blue mountains tour started with a bus journey. We went to different places starting with featherdale National Park. It was a small zoo like place but, it had interesting animals and birds. We saw Koalas, kangaroos among others. We came across beautiful scenic places. It was extremely cold there (mid August), it even started to rain!! The mountains looked lovely. We went to this small town (Cant recall the name), where we had stopped for lunch. It was a pretty place. But, we had probelm in finding good food as we are vegetarians. Otherwise, the place had nice cafes and shops. Also, there were optional cable car ride and train rides in the mountains which was excellent - not to be missed !! Only thing that I didnt like about this trip was visiting this waterfall, for which we literally had to climb up and down (250 steps each time) !! It was way too tiring. Otherwise, it was a very fun and informative trip. It covers all that is mentioned in the itinerary. Our guide was Steven and he was very well informed about the place, though he is from New Zealand !!.
It is important to take camera, a warm jacket, may be a folding umbrella, walking shoes, while on this trip. It is a must visit place for sure...

1 Thank Kanupriyahs
Los Angeles
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“I could not have done a better tour.”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This was a last minute booking. We booked it the day before, and half-way through it we were already amazed.

The Featherdale Zoo alone would have been remarkable, but then to continue on to the small city of Leure, seeing the three sisters, and hiking through some eye-exploding-waterfalll-views ... it was incredible. Our tour guide was so nice. He does such a great job.

Bring some warm clothes in case the wind picks up, and some extra money to feed the kangaroos!
... maybe next time he'll dive for the boomerang. :)