“A great way to see Sydney!”
Review of Bonza Bike Tours

and up
Sydney Bike Tours
Ranked #29 of 251 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Bonza Bike Tours was founded in 2004 to create a unique experience in Sydney. Before we came around, there was no way to see all that Sydney has to offer without killing your feet or being stuck behind the window of a bus. We focus on creating a fun environment where you can become part of the active lifestyle that Sydney is famous for, while having a few laughs with fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you in Sydney – and Melbourne, too!
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We had a terrific tour with Bonza in December 2008. The tour gives a good bit of history and geology of Sydney peppered with a lot of humor. The more than four hour tour gave us a great overview of the city and lots of recommended activities for the rest of our 8-day visit. I would highly recommend the tour for the beginning of your stay in Sydney. Our group had four parents and five kids with ages 20 to 10. Everyone had a good time. Our tour guide Nick put up with all of our incessant questions and was incredibly knowledgeable!

Reviewed December 1, 2008

I went on a oneday tour with Bonza Bike Tours. The tour was called Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb. I had expected that I would get on a real bridge climb but in stead we drove over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. So there was not much of a climb in it. This is all the negative I have to say about them!

I was the only one on the tour but dispite this fact the guide was very enthusiastic and really good. He told many funny stories and was a good representative for both Bonza Bike Tours but also of his country Australia. He did a great job and knew many things about Sydney and the history of Sydney as well.

I liked the tour and I can recommend it as one of the first things to do when in Sydney. It is a good way to good an overview of the different parts of the city and an introduction to understanding Sydney City life.

Olav Jessen
Denmark

Reviewed November 29, 2008

My husband I did the 4 hour Classic tour around Sydney Harbour. As a former resident of Sydney - nearly 20 years ago - I wanted to try a different way of getting round and revisiting the city. Sydney is a marvellous town and never fails to deliver. But our guide was dreadful, he didn't really know much at all, I didn't learn anything from him and I suspected a lot of what he said was made up. He couldn't answer any of my questions either. I felt I should have just hired the bike straight out and used a map. The pub break was too long - especially for the Americans who didn't drink (it just after 11am after all) - and the guide sat outside reading the paper....I felt the break was more for him, than for us. The guy behind the desk afterwards was really helpful, pointing us to a fantastic restaurant to go for dinnner that night, so I thank him for that, but this particular guide definitely needed more training.

BonzaBikeTours, Owner at Bonza Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2008

We appreciate feedback from every guest. I am greatly disappointed to hear that this guest was unhappy with their guide. We are in the process of finding out additional information from the guests to take appropriate action to ensure this does not happen again, and these guests go away happy.

We take great pride in the quality of the product we deliver and the guides we use. Our guides now get reviewed once per quarter, and they undergo additional training should they not meet our service level standards. This appears to be a case of possible retraining for this particular staff member.

I am pleased to hear that the guests were happy with our other staff, as that is indicative of our usual high standards. We aim to ensure that guests not only have a good time on our tour, but their whole time in Sydney.

Reviewed November 7, 2008

I highly recommend Bonza Bike tours. My experience was very unique in that I was the only person that showed up for the tour that day! They said that this was very rare, so I considered myself very lucky! My tour guide Nick was great! I was traveling on my own and felt like I had a friend for a day. I saw things that I would have never seen otherwise and the tour actually lasted as long as it was advertised to last even though I was the only one. I took lots of tours on my visit to Australia and this was by far my favorite one. You won't be disappointed with Bonza...unless of course you don't like to ride bicycles. :)

1  Thank iamlb23
Reviewed October 17, 2008

I did this on my first full day in Sydney and was a great way to get rid of the cobwebs after the flight from London to Sydney. I had decided to do the four hour classic tour and it was worth every penny.

Mike the guide was fantastic and not only pointed out the usual sights and history of the city, but also some great places to drink and eat during your stay.

A very easy to do tour and if you have only cycled a few times, it really doesnt matter - you are taken on cycleways and quiet roads and safety is always the guides priority. There's a number of tours you can do.

If its your first time to Sydney this is a really great way to cover a lot of miles in a few hours and see the sights. It then also allows you to then make most of the rest of your time in Sydney.

Really advise you to do this!!