“Bonza Bike Tours - great way to explore the city!”
Review of Bonza Bike Tours

and up
Sydney Bike Tours
Ranked #28 of 256 Outdoor Activities in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Bonza Bike Tours was founded in 2004 to create a unique experience in Sydney. Before we came around, there was no way to see all that Sydney has to offer without killing your feet or being stuck behind the window of a bus. We focus on creating a fun environment where you can become part of the active lifestyle that Sydney is famous for, while having a few laughs with fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you in Sydney – and Melbourne, too!
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Fantastic staff giving a fantastic tour (I did the City Highlights tour) in a fantastic city...what more could you ask for? Seriously, I interacted with the staff Brendon, Patrick, Jane, and Mike - all of them were super friendly and helpful. My friend was coming from the USA to visit me in Sydney. She had the idea to do something "active" after the long flight, so I booked the bike tour. Problem - her flight got cancelled, and she didn't arrive until the next day. Another problem - she had a pretty packed schedule for her time in Sydney, but we really wanted to make up the bike tour. The guys (and gal) couldn't have been any more helpful in making sure we were able to reschedule the tour, and it was well worth it. I live in Sydney, but I still enjoyed the tour, the information, and the views from a different perspective than rushing around during my daily life. They just got new bikes which were easy to ride and comfortable. Also, you are provided a bike helmet and a bag that attaches to the bike for any small valuables (wallet, keys, camera, etc.) Bonza Bike Tours is a super activity to do in Sydney!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I contacted Bonza bike tours whilst I was still in the UK planning my trip. Patrick replied straight away. I wanted to do the Manly tour because I figured I could do the classics of Sydney on my own, but unfortunately I was the only one at the time interested in that tour and you needed a minimum of two people to book it. I decided to do the classic tour instead and Patrick suggested that I'd have enough time after that tour to still go to Manly afterwards and that he'd draw a map for me of where to go so I could still do the tour on my own and I could rent a bike for half the usual rental price been as I was doing a tour aswell. I was a bit worried that I'd find the classic tour a bit boring as Sydney really isn't that big and I'd seen a lot just the day before. But the classic tour was great and Kat really made it fun and interesting. I learnt a lot about the city and it was great to cycle half way over the harbour bridge. I also made a new friend on the tour and she decided to come with me to Manly afterwards.
We jumped on the 4pm ferry to Manly, cycled up and down the beach and then, as advised by Patrick we rode to the northern scenic point/view. WOW!! It was absolutely amazing!! This has to be one of the highlights of my trip! I would never have thought of doing this on my own. Once at the top (a bit of a steep climb) you get a view of the cliffs and Sydney harbour from a far. The weather wasn't great that day but the view was still phenomenal! We really enjoyed the ride and the views! We then cycled back down and had some fish at a restaurant opposite the harbour (garfish) before jumping back on the ferry back to Sydney harbour. On the cruise back we enjoyed the views of Sydney harbour lit up at night. I really can't thank Patrick enough for his advice and allowing me to see a hidden side of Manly. This was truely a memorable day. Thank you.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Thank you Kat for a superb tour, it's the best way to see Sydney. If you are short of time or don't know which tour to do, these guys are for you :)

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Outstanding day. Very knowledgeable and funny staff (Matt & Louise you guys were great!). What a great way to see the city. If you havent ridden since your childhood days dont worry, it is just like riding a bike. If you think you are overweight or unhealthy, dont worry the tour is a very gentle pace with plenty of stops. If you think you would not be safe riding around the streets of Sydney, dont worry the tour is rarely on roads and when it is safety is not an issue i promise.
Everyone in Sydney should go on this tour whether resident or tourist!
Thanks Bonza Mike, Matt and Louise for an AWESOME! Day.

1  Thank hdd69
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We joined a group of 6 others for 4 great hours on the Classic Tour riding through Sydney on Saturday, November 10. Our first full-day in Sydney - it was a terrific way to get acquainted with the area. Our guide, Matt, had interesting information and fun stories that livened each stop. I think we visited every area of interest: Observation Hill, the Bridge, Darling Harbor, the Botanical Gardens - it was really excellent. Some places we visited again - others we were glad to have gotten a quick taste of. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone. The groups are always small - 8 ish and to us it was great value for the cost! Loved the stop at the Lord Nelson pub, one of Sydney's oldest, as it gave us a chance to visit with the other guests who were from different countries. (Beer was good too)