“One of the worst rooms we have stayed in”
Review of Toreador Motel

Toreador Motel
Toreador Motel
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Had room 19, which was the last available room. It is well away from the highway, so you would think that would make it quiet, but the noise from the ceiling fan (clunk, clunk, clunk) and then the airconditioner, which sounded like a truck in our room made it impossible to sleep well. There was tea and coffee making equipment, which was good. The bathroom was not clean, dirt and dust built up over the years, and the face washer smelled awful, and there were cockroaches in the room. We left very early in the morning as we couldn't stand being in there anymore. Yuk.

Room Tip: Don't go there or at least avoid room 19,
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Liznnev
John and Val S, Owner at Toreador Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We are disappointed to read this review as we work hard to keep our rooms clean and pest free- in fact recent guests commented to us on the cleanliness of this room. Most of our guests leave very happy and those who have a genuine concern raise with us on departure so we can attend to.Judging by the other hotels Nev & Liz have stayed in and reviewed they should have chosen a 5 star resort to meet their expectations.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Nice and clean. John, the owner was fantastic and went out of his way to assist us with accommodation. We rang at 5pm New Year's Eve and job found us a room. Room was clean and very spacious with a king size bed. Grat value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John F

Thanks for this - we aim to provide the best service we can.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I'm a business traveller,(my company pays, and I requested this place over more expensive rooms) my wife accompanies me, and we like this place a lot. John & Val the owners are incredibly friendly, the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable. Sorry, that's all I need in an hotel/motel. Close enough to walk to CBD. We're regulars and will stay that way.

Room Tip: Expect road noise, it's right by the Pacific Highway, that's called convenience.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nazeingian

Thanks for this great review - your appreciation endorses the hard work we are doing to improve the motel to encourage guests to return.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The people who run it are very friendly and helpful.
The room allocated to me is right next to the highway. Quite noisy at night as many trucks passing through during the night.
Unfortunately, the room is very basic. And it seems to be the case when you travel with your pet.
Same room as the others but charge more.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank David97sydney

Our Pet Friendly rooms are always very popular and we are frequently told "good value for money".
Unlike our other rooms they are equiped with vinyl flooring for easy cleaning and after each pet stay sprayed and thoroughly cleaned.
Pet rooms are located close to garden area for exercise and toiletting.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The couple who owned it were helpful, can't fault that. I walked into the room after a long day driving and the smell hit me like a wall. I wanted to walk straight out again, but I was exhausted. I think it was the bedspread. The place was down at heel. No coffee or tea making, I have had much better for less money. Then I noticed that separating me from the outside world and truckies was a push button bathroom lock. As a woman traveling alone this didn't amuse me and I set up a noisy barrier behind the door. I didn't shower, I didn't think I would feel much cleaner. I wouldn't book this motel, there are much better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KFP777
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We rented the spa room. How it fit in there I do not know, as it is unbelievably small. We had room 18 which is in the corner with no parking. The walls needed to be washed down. There was a brown hand mark on one and a green smear on another. I don't want to know what they were. We tried to stay here but only got through to midnight before realizing we would not be able to sleep on the lumpy sack that used to be a mattress many years ago. So we locked the key in the room and kept on our journey. No one has contacted us. Seriously, this was not up to any commercial standard I know, camping is more comfortable.

Room Tip: The best room to stay in would be somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gareth W
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We had a long drive from Sydney to Noosa and decided to overnight at Coffs - we arrived in the rain and it was dark, but managed to luck out with the Toreador Motel - John made us very welcome - gave us the keys to room 17 (at the back away from the highway) and even looked up Italian restaurants for us - as we had a craving for pasta! Spotlessly clean - free wifi and cable tv - all you could ask for really! When I got back home and realised I had left my nightie behind - John has offered to post this back to me! We will definitely be back! The restaurant we went to was Maria's and again excellent!

Room Tip: Room 17 was Joh'n's recommendation for quiet
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family