It was pouring with rain when we arrived and we were able to unload our luggage under the shelter of the driveway, before parking the car underneath the motel. Room was spotless and the bed was comfy. Tea and coffee provided.
Breakfast came on time, which is a plus, as I think most people only stay o/night on their way to and fro between Brisbane and Sydney. Bathroom could be updated, but it was clean and the towels were soft.
We were in room No. 1, which is away from the Pacific Highway and on the same level as the front desk, so ask for this one if you want a quiet room with a window overlooking the neighbourhood. Check in and out was efficient and fast. Would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Matador Motor Inn has been operating continuously for more than 40 years and been a home away from home in Coffs Harbour for thousands of guests. In fact the Matador is one of the most popular stop-overs for travellers on the Pacific Highway travelling between Sydney and Brisbane. We have completed numerous refurbishments so now more than ever the Matador is a fabulous choice if you are looking for boutique style motel accommodation. You can enjoy a stay in clean and comfortable rooms. We offer a choice of room configurations: from premium queen and king rooms to twin and family room options. All rooms offer comfortable beds, quality interiors and amenities, LED TVs, Foxtel, ipod docking stations, Lanovera personal products, a tea and coffee larder with quality supplies, toaster, kettle, iron and ironing board and private dining space. All rooms face due north and upper level offers district views. Select family rooms offer a private balcony. We offer an outdoor pool and guest lounge to relax and enjoy as well as a quality, in-room breakfast package. Select pet-friendly rooms are also available, but regretfully we only accept small dogs 10kg and under. Not only is the Matador a regular choice for holidaymakers, it is also very popular with business travellers. We offer free WIFI, a desk area for your laptap or tablet and lounge access. Regular corporate clients are also eligible for special corporate rates so please make inquiries with our friendly team. The Matador provides off street and undercover parking but we must limit parking to one car per room.We wish you safe travels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matador Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matador Hotel Coffs Harbour
- Matador Motel Coffs Harbour