Really impressed with this Motel. We were a little concerned booking a motel in the first place but we arrived into a reception with a home feel, peaceful music and incense burning was a nice touch. We were greeted by a really friendly welcome and shown personally to our room which i thought was another nice touch. Once inside the receptionist (i forget her name sorry but she was lovely) showed us where everything was and left us to it. The room was a good size with a king and a single bed and had a real cozy feel with clean fresh bedding and smart brown quilts. The furniture looked like it was once from a 5star hotel, very smart, nice flat screen TV and even an iPod dock alarm clock. Very impressed. With the addition of good quality hot chocolate and tasty biscuits our stay here was perfect and we even got a goodbye like we were old friends.
They also have a cozy little lounge upstairs with FREE wifi and a good size pool.
The Motel is just off the main highway and I'm quite a light sleeper, I was really surprised how quiet it was. And forgot to say, nice little table and Chris outside door with daily paper delivered.
I would defiantly recommend this Motel and we will stay here again. Thanks Matador
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Matador Motor Inn has been operating continuously for more than 40 years and been a home away from home in Coffs Harbour for thousands of guests. In fact the Matador is one of the most popular stop-overs for travellers on the Pacific Highway travelling between Sydney and Brisbane. We have completed numerous refurbishments so now more than ever the Matador is a fabulous choice if you are looking for boutique style motel accommodation. You can enjoy a stay in clean and comfortable rooms. We offer a choice of room configurations: from premium queen and king rooms to twin and family room options. All rooms offer comfortable beds, quality interiors and amenities, LED TVs, Foxtel, ipod docking stations, Lanovera personal products, a tea and coffee larder with quality supplies, toaster, kettle, iron and ironing board and private dining space. All rooms face due north and upper level offers district views. Select family rooms offer a private balcony. We offer an outdoor pool and guest lounge to relax and enjoy as well as a quality, in-room breakfast package. Select pet-friendly rooms are also available, but regretfully we only accept small dogs 10kg and under. Not only is the Matador a regular choice for holidaymakers, it is also very popular with business travellers. We offer free WIFI, a desk area for your laptap or tablet and lounge access. Regular corporate clients are also eligible for special corporate rates so please make inquiries with our friendly team. The Matador provides off street and undercover parking but we must limit parking to one car per room.We wish you safe travels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matador Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matador Hotel Coffs Harbour
- Matador Motel Coffs Harbour