“Not a friendly place”

Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The accommodation was acceptable and would have been great for the kids BUT the managers were rude and unfriendly. Check out time is 9:30 am which is just not normal and we did not know or were told when checking in, no indication anywhere obvious that this was the case (the manager told me that I should have read the blue folder in the room). Also not told when booking, that's not acceptable. Made our kids feel like they were criminals, even though they were in the room watching movies at 9am. I would not recommend this place until they change the owners.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Miranda R
Alan C, Owner at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

The great thing about Trip Advisor is that the managers get the opportunity to write a response.
We reluctuntly accepted a group booking of 6 apartments of 13 year old ice hockey players and their parents. From the minute they arrived the kids were out of control.
Paul the organiser of the tour asked if they could use the pool area past the normal time of 7p.m which I agreed to. The kids were screaming and chasing each other with water pistols until I asked them to hop out the pool at about 9pm.They then proceeded to chase each other around the whole complex until about 10:30 pm. I have this on CCTV if the parents who were still too busy drinking by the pool would like to have a look.My main concern was for the other guests staying in the complex.
The next morning when three families in the apartments were due to check out went to an ice hockey game with no intention of checking out by the 9:30 time that is clearly stated on the booking in form that was signed by Paul the tour leader.I rang and advised Paul that we had other guests arriving and that they needed to check out. The group arrived back at 10am and then I had the misfortune of listening to Paul rant and rave that he was not advised of the checkout time even though he signed a form with it clearly stated on it and it is in all the compendiums in the apartments. Paul became verbally abusive and even called my wife a "feral thing". He had no support from the other parents in the group that were standing near him as I think they were emabarrased by his appalling behaviour.Paul advised that he was never coming back. That is probably the best thing that he could have said as he is not welcome back. We pride ourselves in running a quiet complex for everyone to enjoy and will not tolerate unruly behaviour.Paul seems to think that the customer is always right.I draw the line when it comes to personal attacks. We have an above average occupancy rate and most of our business is from repeat customers.If you are looking for a place to run riot and abuse the managers please look elsewhere.If you would like to stay in a complex where the managers care for the well being of all of its guests we welcome you with open arms.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a ground floor 2 bedroom apartment and it was fantastic. The kids could walk straight out the door onto a grassed play area and to the pool. All the facilities required are there. As discussed before the colour scheme/tiles etc are not the modern look but I have never seen a place that is so well maintained. It is immaculate. It is only a block away from anything you need (restaurants, beach, petrol, clubs/pub) but is in a quiet side street so there is no noise. We loved both the spas and the BBQ facilities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rating_service
Alan C, Owner at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thanks Anthony for the great review. I am pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay.
As the new owners we have started renovating the apartments with new kitchens, new bathrooms and new furnishings, as I agree with you the previous decor was a bit dated even though clean and comfortable.
We look forward to seeing you here again.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

These apartments are well looked after, close to the beach and parks BUT they are very dated and could do with some renovating. Owners/Managers not so welcoming which is a shame maybe it's because they are trying to sell and are feeling a little tired.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank emerging_lotus
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I Stayed in Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments for 2 days and found the apartment to be well equipped and comfortable just what I needed.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the apartments if your looking for a well run establishment with a relaxing atmosphere.
With friendly welcoming owners, it makes all the difference, looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2011

This place was a lifesaver. After searching the horrible motels along the Pacific Highway - 9 or 10 - either full, expensive or cell-like and smelly, discovering these apartments was a relief, especially since it was dark and many places were closed for the night. As big as flats I have lived in, a well equipped apartment apart from lack of dishwasher, and a cranky cold water washing machine it was great for 3 nights. There were 2 bedrooms, and living room and kitchen, all for $90. My one real complaint is there was no heating and it was very cold at night. Other than that it was close by car to the beach, the marina and mutton bird island.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
chha, Owner at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you for your feedback.

I am concerned you say there was "no heating". Each apartment has a reverse cycle air conditioner for heating and there is an instruction sheet contained in the compendium in each apartment. I wish you had asked the question while you were here to give us the opportunity to show you how it worked.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stopped at coffs harbour on our way back to brisbane during easter holiday. The Apartment is a very nice place. Although we only spent one night but its good value. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2011

My partner & I have stayed here 5 times & have already booked for 2011 summer.
A warm, friendly atmosphere, close to everything especially the beach with everything you can possibly need in your self contained apartment.
The facilities are well kept, clean & spacious & not to say the least at a very reasonable rate. We love jumping into the clean pool & warm spa while we enjoy the complimentary use of the 2 undercover bbqs. The owners/managers are very friendly & accommodating to all guests & we highly recommend booking your next stay in the Coffs coast area at Coffs Harbour Holiday Apartments - no need to go anywhere else !

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple