“Highly recommended”

Royal Palms Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Reviewed April 11, 2012

During my 4 night stay I found my room to be clean, well lit, comfortable, and quiet. The brick construction means you rarely hear a sound from other guests.The room was nicely appointed, and included a large counter / workspace, fridge, microwave, flat screen TV and free (!!) high speed wireless internet.The owners are super friendly and helpful; on arrival I was given a number of maps and brochures to help me plan activities for my stay. They also offer a very reasonably priced home cooked room service breakfast which was much appreciated. The location is about 3 blocks from the beach, but you'll probably want to drive to the lifeguard supervised part of the beach near the SLSC. There are several restaurants and a regional shopping mall conveniently close by. I highly recommend Royal Palms for your trip to Coffs Harbour.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank D M

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed as a stopover, traveling north from Sydney, easy to find, good directions provided. The check in was easy, the lady at reception was friendly and helpful. Some good information about local amenities, points of interest etc. as provided at reception. The room was clean and quiet, we chose a family room all things considered it was good value, True the room looks a little dated and if you look really closley there is some light wear but it's clear that the rooms are well maintained and of good quality, everything functioned well. I would recommend this motel

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kevlar740
Reviewed February 27, 2012

On a recent holiday to Coolangatta my wife and I stopped over at this hotel. It is about half way from our starting point of Newcastle. The property is clean and seems to be well managed. The location is convenient as the beach is just a couple of hundred metres away and there is a shopping centre about the same distance in the other direction. There is a club and a pub (Hoey Moey) nearby as well as a couple of restaurants. Access back to the highway is easy. Overall, a very handy place to rest up or break down a longer trip.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem just fine.
1  Thank Peterg61255
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here on night. Got in late they called me and we arranged for the room to be left open for me. All good. Rooms are basic, but all I needed was a bed. Slept really well. Nice and quiet, I was advised to get a room off the highway and I would advise this as well.
good place reasonable price for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed for 8 nights at the beginning of January 2012, the room although basic was very clean, in fact, we couldn't fault the cleanliness throughout the whole motel. We found the service very efficient and friendly, the pool area was kept clean & tidy at all times. 5-10 minutes walk from a lovely beach. Local shops 2 minutes walk away. Motel quiet. Perfect for our short break visiting family.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two evenings (one going up to Queensland and one coming back). The hotel was very reasonable, clean and air conditioned. The location is walking distance to Park Beach Plaza and we also walked to the Bowling Club and local restaurant, Macauleys for dinner. The staff were fantastic and even called me to let me know that I had left an Ipod charger in the room. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing a stopover on route to Queensland.

Room Tip: Family rooms have double bed and two single beds.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one evening. The hotel was very reasonably priced. While the hotel is dated, it is clean and comfortable. It was walking distance to the beach, but better to drive a minute or two to it. The hotel is located centrally to many Coffs Harbour sights, including the Big Banana, Pet Porpoise Pool and the Beach. The wifi was free but you could only use it in 2 hour timeslots and needed to return to the office to get a new password. The pool was clean and swimmable.