“Avoid at all cost”

Golden Crown Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #175 of 219 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The worst Chinese restaurant I've ever dined in.

We ordered squid balls for starter which tasted fishy and I don't think there was any squid in there. Our mains were crispy king prawn with honey sauce and cheow mian (which was combination stir fry with deep fried noodle). They came at small potions compare to the price I paid for them. Also, I expected more vegies in the cheow mian!

Besides, the food tasted really salty.

The same dinner at any other Chinese restaurant could have costed me only half of the bill here.

1  Thank Minh T

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner here on Good Friday.

Waited a while to have order taken.
Was given our drinks 15min later.
Received our meals 90mins later.
Food was average.

While waiting for the food staff kept saying the order would be done in a few mins giving us and other customers false expectations. If we had been explained how long the wait would be we would not have eaten here.

While we waited for our food other customers were coming in and given a table. No customer was explained about the wait for food.

The only waitress on was really nice and trying hard under the pressure (I felt sorry for her). The waitress was saying that some staff had not gone in to work. This I don't believe was the case. The manager on however did not acknowledge the situation which was rude.

While waiting for the food customers were able to hear the manager and the chef argue in the kitchen.

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I popped in for takeaway on our way up the coast. This food makes baby Jesus cry.... Short soup was dishwater, beef and black bean sauce was tasteless and the meat questionable. Hideously expensive, the prawn toast crispy and hard as a rock. Avoid at all costs! I hate to write a bad review as I like to think of it as just another experience however this place should be closed down. Sorry folks !

1  Thank Jenelle S
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

It's never a good sign when you have to ask for chopsticks in a Chinese restaurant! The staff were pleasant and service quite good. Our waitress even came unprompted after not too long a wait and told us the food was on its way (it arrived straight after that) and apologised for the wait.

It was a shame therefore that the food was just AWFUL. The salt and pepper squid was undercooked, dripping in oil and the batter just tasted like dough. We ordered the beef chow mein; the 'noodles' turned out to be that crispy garnish stuff you get with some Chinese salads. The 'stir fried Chinese vegetables' was baby bak choy cooked to mush. It was the second worst Chinese food I've ever eaten (the worst was from a greasy take-out at the Grand Canyon in 1999).

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Do not eat here! Should of read trip advisor before eating.....poor quality food....not much else I can say