“OK for a budget stay”

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
There are newer reviews for Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Everything about this hotel screams budget. From the absence of a telephone in the room to the tiny space provided. They don't even provide a bath floor mat. But still it was cleanish. Floor had some stains though. Air con was weak and noisy and it takes a long time for it to cool the room down. I was travelling by myself so the small space was fine but it is a room made for 3 people and if you had 3 people I would struggle to see how you could fit 3 people and their luggage into the tiny space.

Again I do not understand why Australia is so much more expensive when it comes to accommodation. In the US you can stay in a Motel 6 for about $30 to $40. This stay cost me $75. Whilst I know this is cheaper comparatively to other places in Australia it still doesn't justify the cost of what you get.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank shazam10
Reviewed April 24, 2014

So these guys took over from the formula One's and the only real change I can see is that they have gotten rid of all the foam mattress and replaced them with these hard innerspring matts that are horrible to sleep on anyway!
I arrived after the 12pm check in time and it was a very smooth check in as everything was paid, I entered my room on the ground floor just behind reception, the room had a queen bed, no bedsides, and a tv in a cabinet fixed to the wall.
As I previously stated the mattresses are not good but steer clear of the ground floor if you can, all you hear is people coming and going, having breakfast in the foyer, talking, and moving chairs around and this started for me at around 525am one morning.
Staff seemed to be very nice but also very allusive, I was greeted on 2 occasions by a lady and the rest of the time the foyer was manned by clunky junk food machines (didn't work) and a sign on the front desk.
I did have an experience with little fruit flys in the shower but have since advised the motel and they are going to rectifie.
Overall it was a very cold experience, look I know it's a budjet motel but the place did not have a good vibe about it, just felt cold and void of life?
With a little bit of redecorating this could be a nice hip place to lay your head (just not on the bottom floor).
Cheers and happy travels!

Room Tip: Steer clear of the bottom floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank macka28
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This was by far the least favourite accommodation on this trip. While the rooms were adequate it seemed they went out of the way to avoid providing any conveniences. From no soap dish in the shower and no bath mat to the lack of any toasters or tea making facilities. The $9 cereal and paid wifi are the last straw. The overall feeling is that you are being shelved in their tiny room rather than accommodated.
Find a regular motor inn and you will be much more comfortable.

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Andrew Z
Reviewed April 11, 2014

For $69, I had a clean room with TV, air con and ensuite. This is all I ask for a night in a hotel, so I am pleased with the Ibis Budget. It is conveniently located for people in transit, there is a pool and the possibility to have breakfast. Staff is helpful and friendly, there is a relatively secure car park just outside the hotel. For people who are used to Motels with tea and coffee or planning to spend a lot of time in the room, it might not be the best choice as the rooms are small and basic. However, I will happily stay there again while on the move.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris C
CoffsIB, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Hi Chris C,

Thank you for you uplifting review. I will definitely bring it to the attention of the Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour Housekeeping Team.

We try to be as affordable as possible at all times and glad that we have accomplished this with you and your companion.

Have an awesome day :)

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a stopover, and even for $75 it is not worth it!
The room was tiny! The bunk above the double bed was hard and very uncomfortable, you couldn't even call the bathroom a bathroom. While having a shower the whole bathroom gets wet because it is a toilet, basin and a shower curtain. The floor in the bathroom was filthy, we had to wear shoes while having a shower!! The air conditioner was old and dirty and on a timer so you have to keep getting up to put it back on.
We were happy to leave in the morning!! Will NEVER be staying here again

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emz_gunn
CoffsIB, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Hi Emz_gunn

Firstly, I do want to personally apologise for your poor experience at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour.

We had just completed approximately 3 weeks ago a complete service of our Air conditioner timers with our Air Conditioning Contractors. My housekeeprs have been endeavouring to ensure that the Air conditioners are not on timers as we had an issue with this with a previous guest earlier in the year.
I agree, every aspect of our rooms are basic, however I do not expect our cleaning to basic.
Please allow the team at Ibis Budget to look after you on your next journey through. You can contact me directly on H3497-gm@accor.com.
If you allow us the opportunity that would be awesome, if you don't even want to consider it because you feel it is laughable, that is something we here at Ibis Budget will have to bear and ensure that future guests don't feel the way you do.
If you do choose us again, I will guarantee you a clean room but that top bunk mattress is the same in all rooms, I could possibly get an additonal mattress from another room if we have one vacant? I can't change the bathrooms that we have, however we do have Access Rooms where their showers are nice and spacious. No single bunk overhead and they have only one Queen Bed in them.

I genuinely hope that you do contact me so you can let me know what I can do for you :)

Have a lovely day,