“overnight stop”

Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Coffs Harbour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My family and I were travelling home to Sydney from Surfers Paradise and just wanted a clean bed to sleep in for the night and a warm shower. The ibis fitted the bill perfectly. The room was small and no frills, but we expected this so there was no drama. The room was clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable. Perfect for a quick overnight stay.

Room Tip: There is no lift so ask for a room on a lower floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Diane H
CoffsIB, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hi Diane H,

Thank you for your reveiw. Ibis Budget Brand is pretty much what you said in a nutshell :)
I too agree, we are good for an overnight stay.

Have a lovely day
christchurch
Reviewed March 11, 2014

we stayed sat 1st,very poorly run,staff had no uniforms so we had no idea who was who with people in foyer area.arrived back at 7pm to find guests drinking in front and in rooms .management should have put a stop to this then.Quietened down as all went off to pubs.Woken to drunken fighting,women shouting and people banging on doors to get in.Topped off at 4-30am by man and woman having dometic outside our door.We felt trapped in our room at end of corridor as their was no way we would open door and there was no phone in room.we cancelled our next nite and left by way of smashed front door and drunks at a table in front drinking and taunting us.a hell hole

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sidneyChristchurch
CoffsIB, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hi sidneyChristchurch,

Thank you for the reveiw.

It was an unfortunate night and my lack of experience in this particular did show. However, because of this incident, I have better organised my policies and procedures which should minimise such behaviour and eliminate should it occur again after one warning.

I would like to apologise for the poor experience, and do encourage you to use the Ibis Budget brand. It is an awesome, cheap and comfortable option, and I apologise for Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour not being able to provide that for you and the other guests that stayed on that eventful night.

Travelers are raving about these Coffs Harbour hotels

Maleny, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

HAD NO SLEEP!! Management really needed to call the police on a noisy, violent group of guests who were fighting and drinking in the hotel and smashed their front window. We questioned management as to the action they took to control the guests and asked why they hadn't called the police - their blank expressions did little to answer our queries. The sight of passed out guests at the pool area and the rowdy group of guests continuing to drink and swear at the front of the hotel was a great advertisement for the hotel I'm sure. We (and lots of other guests) couldn't check out fast enough the next morning!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heidi W
Hi Heidi W,

Thank you for your feedback.

I agree I should have done more to control the noise. It did take me by suprise as I have never encountered a situation on this scale in my hospitality career. I have since then placed strong policies and procedures for front office to action in all situations, which has in turn required me to place processes for guests upon check in. The noise of these particular guests we as a hotel team had the ability to cease, however due to my belief that the guests were settling down and their agreeance to keep noise levels down was in vain. To say the least, I was naive to take the word of the guest that they would settle down.
All in all, an invaluable lesson learnt for myself and my career, nothing of a similar nature will ever happen again as the policies and procedures I have placed are strict, it should never of happened, however it did happen and it will never happen again.

Canberra
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was impressed by this hotel it was low cost and modern clean facilities..For a one night stop over it was ideal,
Many eateries with reasonable prices nearby. Clean facilities and quiet(Wed). The front counter staff member was were exceedingly helpful with internet etc.
An ideal stopover motel at a price less than some of the others in Coffs but some frills are not there.
It is a place to sleep and shower and move on with nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hi Clefys,

Thank you for the reveiw, I agree that our accommodation we provide is basic yet satisfying especially for a stopover.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Gosford, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Brawling and Alcohol fuelled fighting inside Motel all night long and the downstairs breakfast area was not able to be used due to intoxicated people in the immediate area.
Bathroom/show recess not clean.
Other Guests had alcohol in common areas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Stella M
CoffsIB, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Good morning Stella M,

It was a very eventful Saturday night to say the least. To say the very least, I am implementing strong policies and procedures for group reservations and sports teams to eliminate behaviour like what we witnessed. This too was a good learning curve for myself and what actions the hotel needs to proceed with to eliminate similar issues before they get out of control.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss what I can do for you in the future in regards to accommodation. My email is h3497-gm@accor.com

Kind regards
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Having stayed at Ibis Budget (formerly Formule 1) properties previously, I didn't expect much more than very basic, clean accommodations. And that is what I found at this property. The room was small and spartan, but the bed was comfortable, and the room was spotlessly clean. There is a tiny corner desk barely big enough for a laptop computer and an ensuite bathroom with sink, toilet, and shower. Check-in was efficient. Based on these things, I would have rated this establishment as "good."

I lowered my rating to "poor" based on the high level of noise, which I experienced throughout my stay. When I checked in, I was placed in a room on a corridor with a visiting rugby team, which partied and thought nothing of taking their noise out into the corridor. After making reception aware of the issue, they quickly moved me to another room on a different floor, which got me away from the partiers, but which was within close proximity to a nearby pub that had large crowds and loud music blaring. While annoying, there was little that the hotel could do about that, and I was still able to sleep. In the morning, however, various guests started filling the corridor and lobby area (not far from my room) and started conversing loudly, and some guests on my corridor started taking conversations out into the hallway, which resonated up and down the hall and made it impossible to continue to sleep. My concern here is that the front desk wasn't too far away, yet, while they had been helpful the night before when I had brought the noise issue to their attention, they had made no visible effort to keep the morning noise down.

Part of what one pays for when staying at a motel is an atmosphere conducive for sleeping, and while the rooms here are clean, comfortable, and adequate, the noise levels were unacceptable, and a full good night's sleep was impossible with the noise the way it was. With the exception of the pub next door (which was annoying but tolerable), management could have done a much better job policing the noise levels, and had they done so, I would have rated this property 'good'.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet area if you are sensitive to loud noise when trying to sleep.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank step12dude
Dear step 1 2 dude,

Thank you for your reveiw.

I too feel we could have done better with policing the noise as well and eliminated noise before it got out of control.

I am currently in the process in placing stronger policies and procedures to minimise such behaviour.

If in future I can do anything to assist you in your future accommodation needs please do not hesitate to contact me directly on h3497-gm@accor.com