“Cheap hotel, fine for one night stopover”

Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour
Ranked #36 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Does what is says on the tin - budget hotel, comfy bed. No noise experienced (weds night) but paper thin walls so you could suffer if unlucky. Staff seemed fine & friendly enough.
Ground floor room, clean enough but a bit smelly - probably due to getting no air in, & no extractor in bathroom.
Breakfast a bit spartan but OK.
Still find paying for wi-fi in this day and age a bit weird!

• Stayed: January 2014
CoffsIB, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, this will help us better improve Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Compared to the other establishments this one night stay was not value for money as we stopped over on our trip to Surfers Paradise. for the AU$99 per night there was little I can recommend other than maybe as a budget hotel close to formulae 1 group you need to rethink your rates as you are a rip off.

Room Tip: bunk beds are bad got hurt on them
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback.

Our rates are kept as affordable as possible during high and low demand of accommodation. I would like to look after your accommodation needs should you be passing through Coffs Harbour in the future and decide to choose us to cater your accommodation requirements. Feel free to contact me directly on h3497-gm@accor.com to assist you in the future.
At Ibis Budget we strive for customer satisfaction and I hope you allow the team at Coffs Harbour the opportunity in the future to accomplish it.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
CoffsIB, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Reviewed January 8, 2014

my daughter, her 3 children and I stayed here. I was there for one night my daughter for two. for the price the room was good though I had to get a doona on double bed replaced due to a blood stain on it. On leaving my daughter and her son were covered in bites as was I. Think they were bedbugs but motel said they were bird mites. Either way this room and any others that had problems should not have been available. I would never stay here again

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny K
CoffsIB, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

It is unfortunate that this occurence happened while with your stay here with Ibis Budget.

Please feel free to contact me directly on h3497-gm@accor.com to allow us an opportunity to make your next stay more pleasant.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a stopover between brisbane and Coffs. Good place for a break from driving. It's located in sight of the highway so not too difficult to find. Our room was literally just big enough for the bed and bathroom. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you were clostrophobic. It was cheap and could book one night so that was a positive. Owner/reception was impersonal but I suppose some business people prefer that.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MarcPT

Thank you for writing a reveiw for Coffs Harbour Ibis Budget.

I agree it is a good stop over point when travelling and needing a place to rest. It is disappointing to hear that you found my management impersonal. We strive for customer satisfaction and interaction with our guests is what we at Ibis Budget aim for.

I do hope on your next stayover in Coffs Harbour you decide to go choose Ibis Budget as your preferred accommodation. Please feel free to contact me directly on h3497-gm@accor.com so I can look after your reservation and accommodation needs.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

If you want to sleep, better don't go there. I was there on a Saturday and the pub nearby makes it hard to sleep.

Also the rooms are quite small. The bathroom looked very old and was full of insects.

Breakfast is available for 9$ but only some toast, corn flakes, juice and coffee out of a machine.

Better go into one of the many motels.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank muhkuh77

Thank you for your feedback.

I have actioned with my Housekeeping team to ensure that they close the windows when they enter the room to stop any outdoor insects entering. I agree the pub is loud on the Saturday when they have a live band performing, reception are more than happy to locate you further from that side if rooms available are capable of allowing us to do so.

Please allow Ibis Budget the opportunity to show you what an awesome motel. Feel free to contact me directly on h3497-gm@accor.com so I personally look after your accommodation needs.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Best budget hotel ever stayed in. Comfortable bed and good breakfast - what more do you need. Coffs Harbour hotel for a transit stop that can't be beaten. Parking security was good and hotel was very pleasant place with great managers

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple