“Really Noisy- Next Door to a Pub”

Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Bulli, Australia
“Really Noisy- Next Door to a Pub”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here with kids , was just looking for an overnighter so initially didn't worry about getting a fancy room in town as we would be in late and out early.

The room was basic , the bathroom facilities are like that of a caravan.

Come 10pm and the pub next door is in full swing. This continued on till 3am. Needless to say we were spent the next day.
I would not stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank maryado
Coffsf1, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Our sincere apologies for the disruption of sleep and rest that you required for your overnight stay. We always do our best to provide our guests with the Western side of the hotel particularly for Friday and Saturday nights when the Coast Hotel next door has live entertainment. But as we are a popular hotel and fill up quickly, it is sometimes difficult to manage quiet rooms for last minute bookings. As your feedback is important to us and both Mauri and I wish all our guests to have a comfortable and enjoyable experience, we hope that you will stay with us again - please call us directly on 02 66509101 to discuss further.

Kindest regards,
Angela and Mauri Van Den Bosch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Staff were really friendly and helpful. Room was clean, common area with microwave was handy as we had brought leftovers to heat up to save money on food. Rooms weren't very sound proof as we could hear someone talking on the phone in the next room. But for the price it was great.

• Stayed June 2013
Hastings Point
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week and found it very clean and cosy. Had a great nights sleep It is simple and clean very good value I had a room with a window faceing onto McLean st. The highway noise was not a probuem and I didnt hear any noise from the pub next door. The location is great as you can walk to all the near by hotels and clubs, and restaurants in the CB of Coffs Harbour. Tea and Coffee facililties are in the main entrance instead of your room, but this worked fine for me

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is 150m from Woolworths, which is 100m from Coffs Central shopping centre.
The coffee at the hotel is from a Nescafe machine, so no espresso. For me, the lack of espresso meant that the $9 for toast, cereal, juice, and yoghurt is not worth it.
A bacon, egg and cheese pie for $4.20 from Cutty's Cakes,or sitting at one of the cafes, or the food court in Coffs Central is a better option.
No fridge, microwave, or kettle in the room. I believe the family rooms have a microwave.
The bed was comfortable. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here for one night whilst on a business trip. The room was clean, quiet and I had a great nights sleep on a very comfortable bed and pillow. The only thing missing for me were tea making facilities in the room. You had to walk to the main entrance where they had an urn of hot water but, then you needed your own coffee and tea bags. There were hot drink vending machines though. I would stay again and next time take a travel kettle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Coffs Harbour
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel was clean, simple and cosy. The doors from the rooms are a little noisy as they close and you do hear traffic from the highway and pub next door. But, if you're looking for a cheap stop over in a clean room, with ample simple facilities, this is your place. I live on the midnorth coast and what most people don't realise, is just how easy it is for a truck to plow off the highway and into a building on the side of it. People die all the time from this. What I loved about this hotel was how safe you were from this happening. It is on the high side of the road, so you can sleep soundly and safely. I was impressed with this place. It was close to town and very well set out. Next time I would bring ear plugs to make it even better, but it was perfect for one person for a night. Recommended for those who are looking for simple, clean and cheap accomodation in a friendly, safe environment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Booked a room at the ibis hotel last night with my partner came back to our hotel and had alot of trouble with our key working so we couldnt get into the hotel we knocked on the door and the receptionist who was very arrogant and extremely rude basically came out and told us to shut up and opened the door. After this we had trouble getting our key to work in our door and asked him again for help. He told us very rudely we where probably trying to get into another room not our own and came and openned the door and said " it works fine!!!" And pushed the door open extremely hard and marched off. In the morning beforewe left we kindly said we where not happy with hes service and i was going to write the review i am now and he replied with why dont you try thinking next time and that he was going to reply to my review!! Another thing - both times and only times I have stayed at this hotel the power has cut out so we cannot shower or watch tv! I am extremely angry about this man who was working in reception who has no customer courtesy at all. We knew quite a few people staying at this hotel last night and because of hes actions we are all happy to say we will not be back.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank sophlee6654
Coffsf1, General Manager at Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Budget Coffs Harbour. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my apologies.

I would however like to clarify a few points with your feedback. Firstly Mauri assisted you with your key entry at 3.30am as you were clearly intoxicated and needed assistance, we do not have an issue with this, but our policy of no extra people in a room for 2 people is not allowed and therefore that is why he explained that you were required to purchase another room for your extra friend. The power cut the next day was communicated to all our guests at check in both verbally and a letter was on the reception desk at check in, which was organised by Essential Energy for the entire grid of Coffs Harbour that our Hotel was located on from 8.30am until 6.00pm on the Sunday - we understand the inconvenience of this but we did inform all our guests - this was out of our control.

Kind regards,