“Good Location”

Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Melbourne, Australia
“Good Location”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here for two nights on the way home from Queensland. Certainly it is an older style resort but is still in good shape. The room was a good size and the facilities were up to date - my only complaint was that there was no free WiFi but this seems to be an Australian thing. Parking was under cover but our cases still needed to be carried down stairs which was a minor annoyance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Sydney
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed for one night on our way home from Qld. For this it was reasonable but I'm not sure I would want to spend much more than a couple of days here. The resort is well & truly showing it's age with the furniture etc well overdue for replacement. However everything in our room was very clean which is always a great starting point. There had been some improvements since we last visited - new carpets & balcony furniture. We had a very pleasant night with a really good dinner in the restaurant. Breakfast was good with a full buffet & eggs to order. We did have problems with phone reception & there was no free wifi - not even the 20 minute offer in the lobby which some hotels provide. I'm not sure but I think that even when you paid for wifi it would only be in the lobby/bar area due to the distance to some rooms. Free wifi in the lobby & restaurant would be a great addition to just check emails etc.The bed was reasonably comfy but with only one pillow as another reviewer already stated. Probably would stay again mainly due to having advantage plus card which gives us half price food and the food is really good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holiday-lover27
Dene_Zahner, General Manager at Novotel Coffs Harbour Pacific Bay Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback about your latest stay with us at Novotel Coffs Harbour Pacific Bay Resort.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and on behalf of the team at Novotel Coffs Harbour thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My second stay to Novotel Coffs for business. Room is very comfortable, furniture need to replacement but I love the big space not like most city hotel room is too small.

Room is very clean from in and out. Housekeeping staff (Asian girl) is excellent when I request extra towel in pool area, She bring it all the way to me and place extra in my room.

Ground man need to drive their buggy slower, almost hit me when I walk from reception to my room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lismore, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a business trip and I would definitely consider coming back if I had more time to enjoy the facilities. The room was very comfortable and clean and had a great outlook over the lagoon and golf course. Parking was the one hassle, but that was only a minor issue. I agree with some other reviewers that the rooms are a little bit tired and there were some cosmetic blemishes in my room but for the discounted price I paid, I was more than happy with the standard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dene_Zahner, General Manager at Novotel Coffs Harbour Pacific Bay Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We thank you for recent feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we are constantly looking at ways to refine and improve our delivery of service and the quality of our product and your feedback will certainly assist in this.

Kind regards

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Staying for business, scored a great cheap rate for 2 nights. At check-in, there was only one man at the desk and 3 people in front of us. Not his fault, as he was so lovely and cheery, it was a lovely arrival.

The room itself was large and comfortable. Very quiet, set back from the main road and close to the iconic Big Banana.

Breakfast was pretty pricey - $29 for full breakfast or $21 for continental - and you are kind of stuck as there is nothing else in walking distance. However the selection available was good.

I would stay here again,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

On arrival we received a room upgrade which was much appreciated. Food in Charlies Restaurant was excellent and Don at reception is so friendly and bubbly as you check in. Plenty of parking and nice views over the lagoon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We thank you for your recent feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Novotel Coffs Harbour Pacific Bay Resort.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us ,and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the not to distant future.

Kind Regards