From someone who has always loved the idea of holidays, but not the reality of the lack of sleep that usually goes with it, thank you Aanuka!!! Being a light sleeper, I always have trouble with noise, beds and light where ever I stay. Aanuka is the FIRST (!!!) place I've ever found where there was no noise to keep me up all night. :-) There was no plumbing or air con noises to be heard from any overhead tenants (benefit of no overhead neighbor from duplex type arrangement rather than condo units).
The beds were great - also a pleasant surprise that is going to bring me back! There was minimal light from outside because there was no high lights to shine in the bedrooms. (I bring dark brown shower curtains and pegs with me whenever I travel to shield out these lights. This was the first time in quite a while that I could have done without them).
Yes, you have to walk a distance to your unit, but its mostly covered from the rain; its one that is pleasant and well-maintained and there's no steps to climb (other than inside your unit to the bedrooms), so I don't think there's a need for help with luggage unless you are an invalid. For me, the short walk is a tiny (!!) price to pay for a good night's sleep!
This was a perfect place for young and older families. With our two teens, we used the tennis court a lot, but they had great facilities for younger kids!
The only disappointments for us was that the 'gym' consisted of only 3 or 4 items (my 17 y/o son liked the idea of keeping up his training, so was very disappointed). I think that the cockatoo should have finer mesh at the lower part of the aviary so that kids aren't tempted to poke fingers in (my 13 y/o should have known better, but younger kids wouldn't. Like all parrots, it had a very nasty beak that drew blood easily).
Overall, lovely spacious units - beautiful garden surrounds - perfect for families young and old. Very happy! Look forward to our trip this year. (I convinced hubby to give Coffs another go, rather than another destination because selfishly, sleep is a higher priority for me than going somewhere new!) ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an absolute beachfront location BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort has magnificent ocean views from dining areas and is surrounded by acres of wide open parklands perfect for your next getaway. At the resort you can expect great accommodation, recreation and relaxation rolled into one and there are a range of facilities on offer ideal for couples and families. Choose from an outdoor rock pool with slide, children’s pool and play area, cave spas, tennis courts, mini putt putt golf, beach volleyball and Diggers Beach just a short stroll from your room. When it’s time to dine, choose from the award-winning Finz on the Beach or unwind at Casay on the Beach, both offering ocean views. Treat yourself to a Mi-Time Day Spa treatment for the ultimate in relaxation to help yourself unwind. At the resort you can choose from Studio Hotel Rooms, Paradise Spa Bures with spa baths and 2, 3 and 4 bedroom self-contained, air conditioned villas. Please Note**NO CANCELLATIONS OR AMENDMENTS** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Aanuka Beach Hotel Coffs Harbour
- Hotel Breakfree Aanuka Beach