We were two couples - including elderly parents/in laws. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment for two nights over Australia Day weekend having driven up from Sydney enroute to Brisbane.
It was not cheap at about $850 for both nights, but it comfortable accommodated all of us and I guess one has to pay a premium during public holiday weekends.
The grounds are expansive, with paths leading from accommodation to restaurant area - and for the most part undercover. On the first night we ordered a couple of pizzas and some salt and pepper squid from the menu - and then picked it up when they phoned to say it was ready. Would only give an average ranking.
But the restaurant that we went to on site on the second night made up for it. Lovely food all round. We would certainly recommend the in dining experience.
Oh, and I just remembered the above total cost included breakfast for everyone on both mornings. I remember reading on TA about these breakfasts and had included this in the booking at the time. Wide buffet selection, and great coffee. The breakfast staff were amazingly efficient - that part stood out for me, as I when I go and get next courses and return to the table the dirty plates have been removed. Well done guys.
The beach was great for swimming - and it was a relatively short walk from the apartment. We did not use any of the hotel facilities available - but saw people swimming, playing tennis etc. Nice coastal walk is also close by.
We would certainly return should we stay again in Coffs Harbour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an absolute beachfront location BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort has magnificent ocean views from dining areas and is surrounded by acres of wide open parklands perfect for your next getaway. At the resort you can expect great accommodation, recreation and relaxation rolled into one and there are a range of facilities on offer ideal for couples and families. Choose from an outdoor rock pool with slide, children’s pool and play area, cave spas, tennis courts, mini putt putt golf, beach volleyball and Diggers Beach just a short stroll from your room. When it’s time to dine, choose from the award-winning Finz on the Beach or unwind at Casay on the Beach, both offering ocean views. Treat yourself to a Mi-Time Day Spa treatment for the ultimate in relaxation to help yourself unwind. At the resort you can choose from Studio Hotel Rooms, Paradise Spa Bures with spa baths and 2, 3 and 4 bedroom self-contained villas. To make your stay comfortable every room type includes air conditioning, Austar, DVD player, hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities, microwave, toaster, iron and ironing board. Beach lovers can enjoy the seclusion of picturesque Diggers Beach which is literally at the resort's doorstep or sit back on the terrace with a long drink and admire postcard views of the sweeping lawns stretching down to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Aanuka Beach Hotel Coffs Harbour
- Hotel Breakfree Aanuka Beach