After a lovely stay on the Gold coast we stopped here for three nights. Travel weary after a long drive, we checked in and were told someone will be along with a golf /luggagecart shortly to the car park to help us with our bags as the car park is a long way from the rooms. We waited and waited and waited and ended up taking the bags ourselvesover several trips. We noticed the golf cart ferrying two blonde girls around the resort which was more of a priority than this weary family after a long trip. I wanted to cry when i saw our accomodation nothing like the website. Our "villa" was nothing more than a sort of glorified cabin which we had stayed in, in caravan parks for a third of the price. We were placed next to the tennis court which was very noisy with bright lights stay on for some of the evening. The next morning I awoke to noise from a tile cutter machine as building work was going on in villas next to us. I asked if we could be moved but they said no. This seemed odd as it was not a peak time and we noticed over our stay that many other "villas" were empty.
On entering the cabin (which is what i will call it). I was very disappointed as it was nothing like the website and what I was led to believe we had booked. Our kitchen which was really just a cupboard was very unworkable. We put lots of ice bloacks/ice creams in the freezer for the kids but they all melted as it did not work.
The bathroom had cracked tiles a few which were mouldy. The furnishings were a bit drab and caravan park like not what I expected after parting with hard earned cash for our first ever resort stay.
We all tried to grin and bare it and pretend we were having a good time. We tried to hang around the pool bar area as this was the only thing that made as feel we were in a resort.
The day we went home we found a used nappy behind the lounge from a previous tenant. We were wondering what the smell was. We requested the luggage cart and help (which is advertised) to take us back to the car. Once again we waited and waited and waited asked again and nothing eventuated. As we struggled with our bags up to the car park the luggage golf cart passed us again with two blonde bikini girls in it with no luggage. There is more that I could go on about. I wrote to break free telling them of our horrid time and lack of help from staff. It would have been easy to move us, but at the time I don't think they cared. I just got a standard we are sorry you did not enjoy yourself letter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an absolute beachfront location BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort has magnificent ocean views from dining areas and is surrounded by acres of wide open parklands perfect for your next getaway. At the resort you can expect great accommodation, recreation and relaxation rolled into one and there are a range of facilities on offer ideal for couples and families. Choose from an outdoor rock pool with slide, children’s pool and play area, cave spas, tennis courts, mini putt putt golf, beach volleyball and Diggers Beach just a short stroll from your room. When it’s time to dine, choose from the award-winning Finz on the Beach or unwind at Casay on the Beach, both offering ocean views. Treat yourself to a Mi-Time Day Spa treatment for the ultimate in relaxation to help yourself unwind. At the resort you can choose from Studio Hotel Rooms, Paradise Spa Bures with spa baths and 2, 3 and 4 bedroom self-contained villas. To make your stay comfortable every room type includes air conditioning, Austar, DVD player, hair dryer, tea and coffee making facilities, microwave, toaster, iron and ironing board. Beach lovers can enjoy the seclusion of picturesque Diggers Beach which is literally at the resort's doorstep or sit back on the terrace with a long drink and admire postcard views of the sweeping lawns stretching down to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your BreakFree Aanuka Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Aanuka Beach Hotel Coffs Harbour
- Hotel Breakfree Aanuka Beach