“Much better than expected!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sanctuary Resort Motor Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sanctuary Resort Motor Inn
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Sydney, Australia
“Much better than expected!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

My family and I stayed here in January 20012. The room was spotless, newly decorated and was presented better than many four star hotels we have stayed in.
The staff were very accommodating and I will certainly stay here again when I am in Coffs Harbour. You would not be disappointed staying here!!!

Room Tip: Make sure your not in the family section as the connecting rooms do not block out the noise of any s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pillazz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

when we walked into our roon it was spotless! After previously staying in 5 star 6 star hotel we have 2 admit it was really nice 2 be greeted & the service & food was fantastic! Great for the family as well! Love love love. Recommended highly especially for families. recommended from a event planner!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank silvrom
Gold coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is AT BEST a 2 star accomodation with a price of a 4 star. My family paid $185 for one night at this run down over priced inn with an unpleasant owner/manager to match. I don't wish to waste my time even writing about this place, honestly FORGET IT.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cam r
Kevin O, Manager at Sanctuary Resort Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

We have just recently taken over the management of this property & I think you will find the pricing much more realistic & the rooms much more appealing.

All rooms have been fully renovated & there is no more "run down over priced inn with an unpleasant manager"

So don't sleep in your car contact us & we will make sure you are well looked after if you would like to give us a second chance.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Kevin & Dee

Travelers are raving about these Coffs Harbour hotels

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Very nicely appointed rooms. Little balcony adds to the room. We were in room 5 which is on the ground floor with brand new finishing and a very comfortable queen size bed. Didn't try the food or pool on site but both seemed clean.

• Stayed December 2011
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

There is a lot of choice in kitchy motels in Coffs Harbour to catch the people using the place as a mid point stop between Brisbane & Sydney. This one fits the bill of reasonably priced and adequate levels of comfort to get you through the night. It's a little bit out of the center of town so you will have to drive to find food for dinner.

Check-in process was straight forward. Key was an actual key (I've been staying in big corporate chains for too long now). Hiking the suitcases up the stairs to our room was a bit of a pain but really it's only two flights of stairs.

The room itself is large and a bit of an echo. The weather was bit humid and so was causing a bit of wet smell. Turning on the fan & air conditioner kept it at bay in the room.. although had no effect on the bathroom. The bathroom itself was functional. The bedding was reasonably comfortable. Sounds from the nearby highway could not be heard.

Overall it works perfectly well for a single night stop over. I would look elsewhere if you are looking for a nicer vacation like experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caehlan
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

I booked 2 rooms for a quick overnight stay in Coffs on our way up to Brisbane. My parents were given their own room downstairs and my children and myself were across the other end of the property. So far so good. We only slept overnight and left before breakfast. Upon checking out I was asked if we used anything in the minibars. The answer was "no". This is where the problem starts.
Upon checking my credit card account a couple of days later I see that Sanctuary Resort had billed me an extra $57.00. I thought this was merely an error so I rang them, only to be told that several mixed alcoholic drinks were missing from my parents room. My parents are diabetic! They DO NOT drink alcoholic spirits or even soft drinks!!!!! This fell on deaf ears. I was told by the person on the phone that he personally replaced the drinks that day before our arrival and if we didnt take them then we may have left the room unattended and someone had snuck in and taken the drinks!!! The room was never left unattended during our short stay so I can only guess that the drinks were taken before our late arrival or after we left. He says it was not one of his staff. Well I am adamant it was not one of us .... He then went on to strongly point out that when we registered and signed out we signed a responsibility for any and all things missing in the minibars. So regardless of who may have taken the alcoholic drinks, we were still responsible to pay for it! How about their responsiblitiy for the security of their rooms? .....so if you choose to stay there I would strongly suggest you check the secruity of your room and the property and also check your minibar contents when you arrive and have them check it in front of you before you leave. It is very upsetting to be accused of something you did not do and charged for something you did not take.
I am very disappointed in our experience and the attitude of the people at this place and shall never stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Cherine W
nevilleCoffsHarbour, Manager at Sanctuary Resort Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
I totally agree that guests should be more aware of room security all our guests are asked to read the conditions on our checkin form and sign.

Our policy and conditions are ::

No Dogs, Smoking or cooking is allowed in rooms. If this is not adheared to a $200.00 cleaning fee will be charged to your Credit Card. Also any incidentals not paid for (eg breakfast, phone calls, dinners, damage to rooms or property, missing linen or other items & items from the mini bar) will also be charged to your credit card.

And after 10 years in this business some peoples security still never ceases to amaze me leaving room doors open when they check out or just out of the room for a short time.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed 2 nights with my wife sept.2011 in a newly renovated 4 star King room. This room was upstairs I prefer down none left. Plesently supprized with restaurant recomend the Balmain Bugs or the Surf and turf Steak,Breaky on my private balcony with views all the way out to sea was great.Enjoyed tennis , sauna and great hospitality...

Room Tip: Rooms Opp.Restaurant better...bigger..parking handy
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple